Rekindle the Romance??

Options
ktwest2107
ktwest2107 Posts: 124 Member
All right boys and girls. I've been with my hunnie for 10 months, we live together, and the spark seems to be flickering a little, ya know? So, I wanna hear some ideas for picking up that spark and turning it into a bonfire again!!! Lehhhhssss gooooo!!! ;)

-Katie

Replies

• seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    23? Break up with him.
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    23? Break up with him.

Definitely not. I know how to recognize a good thing when I've got it ;)
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    23? Break up with him.

Shouldn't be happening after 10 months!
  • Mctree20
    Mctree20 Posts: 137
    Options
    23? Break up with him.

Shouldn't be happening after 10 months!

^^ this
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    We've lived together for 8 months, since my lease was ending and it seemed like a good idea. We're both busy, active duty military, and I just want some new ideas.

Future posters: This is for IDEAS, not commentary on the status of my relationship :) Thanks!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to you. at some point the freshness wears off.

Try role playing or something like that.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Romantic getaway for at least 1 night?
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Role playing? oh there are some freaky people out there, :tongue:
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    I hate to break it to you. at some point the freshness wears off.

Try role playing or something like that.

There we go! That's an idea!! I wanna try that, I just think I'll feel silly when he walks thru the dorr and I try a line like, "Doctor, I'm ready for my exam..." haha
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Leather.
    Candles.
    Handcuffs.
    Blindfold.
    Whip.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Leather.
    Candles.
    Handcuffs.
    Blindfold.
    Whip.

Psh, these should be staples in any healthy sex life! ;p
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Try recreating your first date. Or your first "time" together. Remember how awkward it was (if it was...)? Try some new positions or time of the day!

My hubby and I have been together for over 12 years (married almost 10) and a couple months ago, he grabbed me in the kitchen while i was doing dishes and the kids were napping. WOOT! Loved it! :)
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Join him in some of the activities he like (pool, golf, the lake, camping) or anything that he finds the makes him spark. Far too many women take a back seat to those "guy" things which are not guy things at all, but things that can truly be fun as a couple. Also, if he's not into weights, you might want to try and coax him into it and get his heart beating just seeing the sweat drip from you when you both are at the gym. Good luck kiddo. I'm not the best at giving advice, but these are some of the things I would want my lady to try.
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    Romantic getaway for at least 1 night?

It's tough since we're in the military and away from family. I have a 3 year old who lives with me part of the time, so I don't really have a babysitter :/
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    Join him in some of the activities he like (pool, golf, the lake, camping) or anything that he finds the makes him spark. Far too many women take a back seat to those "guy" things which are not guy things at all, but things that can truly be fun as a couple. Also, if he's not into weights, you might want to try and coax him into it and get his heart beating just seeing the sweat drip from you when you both are at the gym. Good luck kiddo. I'm not the best at giving advice, but these are some of the things I would want my lady to try.

I agree with women not being into what there men want too much. I haven't had this problem, since I'm kind of one of the guys, but some of my friends do, and I try to tell them the same. What guy wouldn't love a girl who can drink some beers with him and watch a game, but still look cute as hell doing it?!! :)
  • Sequence88
    Sequence88 Posts: 23
    Options
    Go on a date to somewhere you haven't been together. Maybe somewhere you've both wanted to try but just never gotten around to, make time to do it! Get to know each other all over again, have long talks until the early hours of the morning in bed :)
    haha and I totally agree with the role playing idea, it's always fun to throw something like that into it here and there, keeps the fun and anticipation alive :D
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    Leather.
    Candles.
    Handcuffs.
    Blindfold.
    Whip.

I'd have to get very brave lol
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Leather.
    Candles.
    Handcuffs.
    Blindfold.
    Whip.

Don't forget the first aid kits and CPR training.. just in case things get too rough. ;)
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ Be waiting for him when he comes home one night .. dressed in one of his shirts, only a few buttons buttoned ... nothing else ... be waiting at the door ... have a really erotic meal cooked and ready on the table with only candles lit as the lighting. Sit on his lap and hand feed him his dinner ... if you actually make it through dinner ... take the bottle wine, strawberries and whipped cream to the bath tub .... and just enjoy your evening as if it were your first time together.

Btw ... Adore him as if he were the only man in the world ... make him feel loved ... incredible love that only comes once in a lifetime.

Last but not least ... text messages can be sooooooo playful ! Include a few random pics from time to time, surprise him with whatever it is he would never expect from you ... be the girl he not only loves, but the one he dreamed of meeting his whole life !

Just a few ideas from an innocent stranger ....

Yeah ... I'm a hopeless romantic ! :flowerforyou:
  • ktwest2107
    Options
    Leather.
    Candles.
    Handcuffs.
    Blindfold.
    Whip.

Don't forget the first aid kits and CPR training.. just in case things get too rough. ;)

^for sure :P