I've gained 34lbs since starting here, and am PROUD OF IT.

Options
124»

Replies

• LovesGG
    LovesGG Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your story is one of the few success stories about weight gain here on MFP. Although I wasn't severely underweight and/or sick in any form, you've inspired me to share my gaining story one day too. Thanks, and you look great :)
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story, thanks for sharing!
  • mocha106
    mocha106 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight gain! I am happy that you finally figured out the problem.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I try to live as GF as possible but I do eat out a lot so it's not always possible. I'm an undiagnosed (unofficially) and I try to be as GF as possible with time/money/location I'm at. Hope you continue to be well!
  • jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    Congrats on working back up!. Paragraphs are your friend though :)

Wow, was that REALLY necessary? The guy below is right, you are a douche if you found it important enough to actually type that out as a reply to someone else's life and death journey. Go learn some manners!
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BlondeQtTexas
    BlondeQtTexas Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats OP. You are beautiful! You look like a young Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

I'm glad you are doing better!
  • littleallie120
    Options
    So inspirational! Great job and congrats!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful thank you do sharing!!!!!
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am so very happy that you finally got a diagnosis. My MIL several years ago went thru the same thing. She weighed around 250lbs and all of a sudden, like you, just started losing weight very quickly. This was in the 70's, and not many tests were around for this. She spent about weeks in the hospital before it was discovered that she had the wheat/gluten allergy and celiacs. Once she was on the right track, she gained some weight back, and stayed at a healthy weight pretty much after that. My DD does not have celiacs, but was tested a few years ago for several allergies, and among them, wheat was one that was a 3 out of 4 on the scale. So she is wheat/gluten free. She has always had severe allergies to peanuts and beef and eggs, so she really has a limited diet, but she's 31, expecting baby #2 in Dec. and pretty much a healthy, fit young woman.

Unbelievable what allergies can do to someone's body. Makes you wonder how many people out there, may have allergies to certain foods which are affecting their health and they don't even know it.

I wish you continuing success in your journey and health!! Thank goodness you found out what was wrong!!!!
  • cksmummy
    cksmummy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on sorting out the issue and gaining back your weight AND your health!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!