what do u use to get over your chocolate cravings?

Options
Pfeiffer24
Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
Chocolate is my weakness, especially mint chocolate... I will sit n eat a whole giant costco bag and I cant stop. :/... lately I eat one or two or seven ;) chocolate drops , but inbetween bites I eat frozen grapes... what do u use?

Replies

• cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well I figure if it's something you really enjoy you do not have to totally stop eating it by any means. You just have to learn to control your portions. I usually eat 1/4 cup plain m&m's or a few hershey kisses.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a milk chocolate girl, but switched over to dark chocolate a while ago. It's grown on me since, and since it's so rich, you can't eat that much! I just do one square a day (I love Ghiradelli) and that's enough.
  • sunnyval
    sunnyval Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nutella--at least it has nut protein in it.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Very dark chocolate works for me, it's supposedly good for me and I don't like the 80% over higher nearly as much as regular chocolate so it's not something I have to worry about pigging out on.
  • glamsam8
    glamsam8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk after my workout, or a banana almond milk smoothie, yum ^^
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The other day I mixed 3/4 cups of greek yogurt with a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder and a couple of teaspoons of brown sugar. It wasn't the best, but it was pretty good.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    We have hershey's minatures in our cabinet right now. grr everytime I open it, I see the bag. I have one piece of the special dark. totally helps me out.
  • Martin0524
    Martin0524 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate.... If i'm craving things i try not to deprive myself. Just remember to keep it within my calorie count for the day...
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wegmans Sugar Free Dark Chocolate in the bulk aisle...if not that, 1/2 a bar of Cadbury's Milk Chocolate....i save the other 1/2 for the next day :-)
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Flavored coffee. Keurig has some really great flavors - chocolate glazed donut, mocha nut fudge. I drink mine black so it doesn't really taste like chocolate, and isn't even sweet. But something about the aroma, and the warmth works for me. Sometimes I'll induldge in a square of dark chocolate.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I usually eat one piece of chocolate or I have a 90 calorie special k bar. The one with chocolate and pretzles yumm!!
  • Pfeiffer24
    Pfeiffer24 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    We have hershey's minatures in our cabinet right now. grr everytime I open it, I see the bag. I have one piece of the special dark. totally helps me out.

I do the same thing.. but its in my freezer :)
  • aquapup
    aquapup Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm a milk chocolate girl, but switched over to dark chocolate a while ago. It's grown on me since, and since it's so rich, you can't eat that much! I just do one square a day (I love Ghiradelli) and that's enough.

I do this too! It's the only kind I keep in the house - Ghiradelli 72% dark chocolate. I get my chocolate fix, but it isn't sweet enough to tempt me into eating an entire bag of candy (or two, which I used to do often and with gusto)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i have a small bit each day :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I give in to the cravings in moderation, but then tend to do penance runs to make up for it! rich chocolates are the best if you just want to eat small amounts.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate-- and it helps me sleep better, too!
  • amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream bars are awesome for a chocolate fix.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    It goes like this for me :

I **want** chocolate.

But chocolate is bad... so I drink 2 iced coffes ( 300 calores ), have some peanut butter ( 100 calories ), have a few crackers dipped in nutella ( 300 calories )....

Or I can have a few hershey kisses ( 100 calories ).

When I want chocolate , I eat chocolate. Nothing else will do.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I actually curb my chocolate cravings with a chocolate protein shake.
  • ThePursuitOfGlee
    Options
    nutella--at least it has nut protein in it.

i like your logic ;)