what do u use to get over your chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• jbyesh
    jbyesh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Strawberries dipped in low fat choc pudding (Tastes just like a decadent choc covered strawberry), powdered sugar free hot cocoa, or if i have it handy, chocolate. 1 bite. I was eating chocolate every day, so right now i am avoiding to show myself i CAN live without it. :)
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I measure out a tablespoon or two of hershey's special dark chocolate chips and nibble on them during the day. Sometimes, I mix almonds or walnuts with them. It seems to fill me up and satisfy my craving.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I actually curb my chocolate cravings with a chocolate protein shake.

I do this same thing :-)

If it gets really bad, I'll have like 3 of the Hershey's dark chocolate kisses.
  • jdmey
    jdmey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I bought an 8 oz. bag of plain M & Ms yesterday, came home and divided them into eight-1oz. portions in snack size Ziploc bags. I know I feel deprived if I can't have chocolate, but this helps me keep it in moderation.
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Check out this link for on ideas to control your cravings:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541182_343378725728593_332413780158421_873920_1112734623_n.jpg

Best wishes :flowerforyou:
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Do you like the Fiber One Brownies??? They are SO good, and 90 calories!! Be careful not too eat a few though. The fiber can upset your tummy, so stick to one :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    builders' bar makes a chocolate mint flavor. its tasty.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My treat for the day, the very last thing I eat every day, one dark chocolate carmel with sea salt Dove Promise. 37 calories. I let it melt in my mouth and savor it as long as possible.

MNmarguerite, that makes perfect sense to me. Just having it around helps me too, doesn't mean I eat it though. A bag of Dove lasts me almost three weeks, and I log it in faithfully.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. The only way for me to tame a craving is to eat some of what I'm craving (I've tried to substitute, I end up eating too much of the sub and then going for the real thing anyway -- way worse on calories!)
    But I will have dark chocolate and eat it slowly. Also, don't do anything while you're indulging but eat, focusing on the flavor and feel and relishing it all. That way, I get more satisfied with less, than if I munch it down while reading or watching t.v. or anything.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Um, I use chocolate to get over the craving.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate is definitely a good way to get past it, but I like to have just a small piece with a bit of peanut butter which makes it double good for me and also delicious.
  • hottiebikerchick
    hottiebikerchick Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I like the 40 calorie fudge-sicle pops....no sugar added.....:flowerforyou:
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Have chocolate chips in your oatmeal or pancakes, and try to eat breakfast every day.
    Have a fudgsicle after lunch.
    For snack, have a chocolate yogurt.
    For dessert, have fat free chocolate mouse.
    Have one piece of sugar free or regular chocolate after dinner every day.

There's no reason for you to give it up. . . also try dipping fruit in chocolate or using fat free chocolate sauce on things.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    It goes like this for me :

I **want** chocolate.

But chocolate is bad... so I drink 2 iced coffes ( 300 calores ), have some peanut butter ( 100 calories ), have a few crackers dipped in nutella ( 300 calories )....

Or I can have a few hershey kisses ( 100 calories ).

When I want chocolate , I eat chocolate. Nothing else will do.

This....only this!!! :-)
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    I love the Weight Watchers chocolate fudge snack bars - only 45 calories, and they are really creamy. :heart:
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE FLAVORED PROTEIN POWDER. seriously, its healthy for you! mix some in your yogurt, drizzle it over your cereal, add it with milk or dip a banana in it. so good.

or you can try buying a yankee candle called WHOOPIE PIE which is a chocolate scented candle and maybe that might help...i read it in a magazine that smelling chocolate (or even vanilla) scents can stave off cravings. sometimes when i crave sweets i spray myself with victorias secret CANDY BABY perfume and am so lightheaded by the sweet smell i dont even need the candy!:flowerforyou:
  • liz43213
    liz43213 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will buy a hershey bar and split it with one of my co worker's so that way i get the chocolate craving taken care of without having to eat the whole chocolate bar
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    York peppermint patties! I love those things and I eat one (snack size) just about every day. Or sometimes Cadbury dark chocolate or Three Musketeers fun size. Allowing myself one most days satisfies and keeps me from getting a raging craving later on.
  • MommaGgame
    Options
    I was watching The Biggest Loser on Netflix the other day and I learned a great CHOCOLATE CRAVING SOLUTION!!! Bob called it chocolate on a cloud. Buy a box of Sugar Free Chocolate Jello Pudding, Cool Whip, Plastic Party Cups, and Fat Free Milk. Smear cool whip on the inside of the cups, sides and bottom. Mix 4 cups of fat free milk with the sugar free pudding. Pour the chocolate into the cups and refridgerate for 10 minutes. 60 calories per cup and TOTALLY delicious! Works for me!!
  • Audrey403
    Audrey403 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Best thing I've found thus far:
    http://www.sunspire.com/unsweetened-carob-chips

So creamy and tastes like milk chocolate. One tablespoon is 35 calories. I put them in oatmeal, yogurt, cottage cheese.