what do u use to get over your chocolate cravings?

Options

Replies

• Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Chocolate mint vita tops muffins. Walmart. Frozen by the waffles.
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    If you have a chocolate craving, Go for it. Just try something 'almost healthy'

One Dark Chocolate strawberry is 100 calories. Yes, I'm not kidding.
  • ThisIsSteven
    Options
    Eaten in moderation (meaning one every couple days), the vita tops chocolate muffin tops tastes pretty good for 100 calories...they now have vita tops mini fudge cakes for only 50 calories. They also have a banana chocolate chip version. They are a bit expensive and come frozen (either in your local store or on the web- my grocery just ahd them buy one get one so I bought a bunch cuz usually it seems pricey to me)...You can microwave them for about 30 seconds and the chips melt...Granted its not as good as something from the bakery but it does satisfy..just make sure you don't then splurge and eat 4 of them.

I recently was told about Quest Nutrition Bars which Ive found to be a great protein bar made with few ingredients, chewy texture and most have only 170 calories (up to 200) with 20 grams of protein, and 17 grams of fiber with only a couple grams of sugar. Unlike other bars they don't have a chalky texture and don't have tons of sugar like a candy bar. They have a chocolate brownie and a chocolate peanut butter flavor which you might want to try...They also have other really good flavors like coconut cashew, apple pie, lemon, cinnamon roll, peanut butter supreme, peanut butter and jelly, mixed berry. Ive read so many positive reviews on these that Im gonna try these regularly.

I also sometimes use the sugar free chocolate Jello pudding cups only 60 calories and no sugar. Get a good chocolate fix and its portion controlled...Thats the impotent thing for me...Also sometimes HC fudge bars for under 100 calories.

Ive also tried the Breyers Carb Free chocolate ice cream for an occasional treat (add a vita top to it and you have a decadent treat for under 300 calories if you measure the appropriate serving sizes) Again don't try these if you can't stick to measuring out portions and sticking to it.

Also Ive tried Chocolate Lite Soy Milk - I can't remember the brand right now (but its not refrigerated in the store- I think its Soy Slender) and another thing Ive tried is the EAS Carb lite chocolate shake which come in a 4-pack next to the protein drinks and are 110 calories with 17grams protein. It definitely doesnt taste diet- its nice and creamy like a thicker chocolate milk. The other thing I use is buy a good chocolate flavored protein powder- mix it in with soy milk or EAS and you'll get a good chocolate treat or meal substitute. I think Im actually gonna make one now for a filling dinner substitute. The important thing is to buy one ofthose shaker bottles..Just pour everything in and shake it up - no blender needed and it all is smooth and creamy.

Ive been using these things and they definitely solve my chocolate cravings

Hope these suggestions help you out.

One last thought - but its important to have portion control- Peanut Butter & Company has a chocolate peanut butter flavor- maybe on occasion, take a tablespoon and eat it with an apple or banana or a rice cake. Its also very decadent so you have to mind portions so you don't just sit there with a spoon and eat the whole product as its definitely not a diet product
  • miss_sheets
    Options
    Fudgesicles have helped me lately. 40 cals each and after I have one, I usually don't have the urge to eat any chocolate candy.

This is what I do too! It really works for me. I also like the 90 cal Hunt's fat free chocolate pudding cups. Yummy!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles
    Dark, dark chocolate
    Pudding or sugar free pudding
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/most-popular/single-lady-cupcakes/ this made with a tablespoon of cocoa powder and some nutella icing
    chocolate meal replacement shake
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I have chocolate. I just make sure it is the richest, densest, darkest piece of heaven and I make sure I can fit it in my calories.
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I still eat chocolate but just 1 or 2 pieces.
  • MNguerita
    MNguerita Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know this will sound weird, but I find that part of my satisfaction comes from just buying the chocolate. I'll buy a bag of m&m's for example, but won't open it personally, then if one of my family members cracks into it, I'll ask for a few of theirs (as they know I am trying to be good and won't give in to giving me more). I find that those few is enough, plus since they are "somebody else's" I don't have the desire to eat as many as if they were mine, if that makes any sense.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Dark Raspberry Ice Cream Bars. Yummm! 80 calories. Delicious. Takes care of my chocolate and ice cream cravings together. I have 1 religiously after every work out. I really should buy stock....
    I tried 90% dark chocolate before... it tasted so bad that I didn't want to eat any. So I guess that helped?
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Wegmans Sugar Free Dark Chocolate in the bulk aisle...if not that, 1/2 a bar of Cadbury's Milk Chocolate....i save the other 1/2 for the next day :-)
    Oh you shut your filthy mouth!
    (Sometimes I miss Wegmans more than my friends.)

I keep a bar of Trader Joe's 80% Cacao on hand. I love it, but the most I will eat at once is 2 squares. Agree with those who have said they don't deprive themselves. Just be reasonable and then make sure to log it.
  • medicinemantoo
    Options
    Every night:

Night snack
    Berry Hill Natural - Peanut Butter, 1 tablespoon 90 cal
    Moser-Roth - 70% Dark Chocolate Bar, 1 pieces (bars) 155 cal

I've lost 82 lbs this year and (dr. verified) I'm health as a horse. This is my treat for doing everything else right. :happy:
  • MrsPodaski
    MrsPodaski Posts: 34
    Options
    Jello sugar free dark chocolate pudding 60 cal, or Swiss Miss sugar free hot cocoa- 60 calories,( can be poured over ice on a hot day):happy: or melt a few toll house morsels in the microwave and coat a few strawberries, chill till set and enjoy.. Those are my tricks and I've lost over 60 pounds scince last Sept. Hope that helps.
  • Tapricias
    Tapricias Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I buy Snackpack pudding cups. 60 calories
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    Im not big on chocolate and don't really crave it but when I do I have a luna bar or plain Greek yogurt with some chocolate granola or fresh fruit or the weight watchers ice cream bars the dark chocolate raspberry
  • TadaGanIarracht
    TadaGanIarracht Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    I use chocolate but rather than going nuts like I used to I stop at one piece.
  • christamt
    christamt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    dried pineapple. sweet sweet . so yummmy! helps me forget i want chocolate :):sad:
  • firedancer8780
    firedancer8780 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    A low calorie fudgsicle (Popsicle brand has a no sugar added one for 40 calories). They are great especially in the summer!
  • tracyselena
    Options
    Just find a healthy chocolate that you can indulge in ...guilt free....obviously quantity would be a factor.
  • gfergus1
    gfergus1 Posts: 17
    Options
    I throw a serving of Trader Joe's dark chocolate covered almonds or berries into my lunch to snack on at work or have a small handful after dinner sometimes :) The 73% cocoa almonds or the dark chocolate power berries are my favorites! You have to eat foods you love, just pick healthier options and watch your portions!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    When I am being well behaved, I have a nakd raw nuts and fruit bar, greek yoghurt with pb2, jam and seeds, or some organix apple rice cakes.

When I am being badly behaved, I give in and have some chocolate ice cream or a chocolate bar.