I give up!

Options

Replies

• cowboysfan82288
    Options
    You may be discouraged, but don't give up! You may be retaining water due to excessive sodium intake. Just hang in there! You can add me if you would like to.
  • sweetiemimila
    sweetiemimila Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I say don't give up. I agree with everyone that it is probably just water weight because you don't eat enough to gain. Speaking from experience my scaled wasn't moving for 2 weeks. I was eating under 1000 calories and I didn't know why. So I decided to up my food intake and ate 1600 calories and lost 3 lbs. You have to nourish your body because if you don't it is going to hold on to the fat already stored in your body and you can't burn fat if you don't eat. Please don't give up because you can do this. You can do anything you put your mind too. If you need motivation and support this site has it. There has been times where I wanted to give up, but now I know that I am strong, and I CAN'T give up. Neither shall you because there is a strong person inside of you, and it's time to let that person out. Here if ya need to talk or rant.... REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Measure yourself....You can't give up!!
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I went months before I lost anything. Don't give up! Also, I agree with eating more.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    unlike everyone here telling you to work harder... give up.. in a month when you gain more weight you will be back.... if you are 100% serious about losing weight you will NOT give up.... no matter how sh!tty it is, no matter how hard it is, no matter how tired you are.. you won't do it... so posting a pitty thread is not worth it.

what you need to do...
    .eat more, move more. .stop whining .. seriously... you didn't put weight on over night it isn't gonna come off over night.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You're body's trying to make for the lack of food you're not taking in! 800 calories left at the end of the day? Not healthy. Since you need lean protein and all the fun healthy stuff to keep your body from conserving body fat instead of burning.
    Eat more and continue that for a few weeks and see what happens.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hvae you had your thyroid checked? You could have hypothyroidism. Have your Dr. check you for not only TSH, but Free T3, Free T4, as well as reverse T3 and a multitude of other things. :)

I have been this weight (playing with 5 pounds) for 5 months now, and I have been doing lots of reading on hypothyroidism, and i you have it, like me, it can be a real bugger to lose weight. I can gain weight when I eat one meal that is carb heavy. I mean it STAYS - it's not sodium, etc etc. When I exercise I gain weight, or stay the same - it's not muscle. WHen I don't work out, I lose weight sometimes. It's really f'd.

I've eaten more to weigh less, and I just weigh more.

I've eaten for the future me, and the future me is still fat.

I've eaten clean, and I am still the same weight.

I can cut out sugars.

I can cut out bad carbs.

I will still gain weight or stay the same.

Good luck!
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just had a look at your diary too, and it looks like you need a complete overhall. Eating around 650 (which you had on 2 days this past week), will not help you.
    By the looks of things you work night shift? Sit down and plan meals for yourself. Add in vegetables and fruit, not 'empty' calories like coffees & cheescake.
    In order to see a difference on the scale you need to be honest with yourself and eat a more balanced diet
    I had a look at what you're eating, and it seems like you're not eating enough, and you're eating a lot of the wrong stuff. Lots of sodas and restaurants. You're not going to lose weight that way.
    Looking at your diary, I think you need to be eating more. Almost half the days you aren't even eating 1200 calories.

^ All of that.

It takes time, effort, dedication, sweat, and will power to make changes.
    Stick with it, add more fruit and veg. Add some strength training, and eat more calories! if you aren't getting enough nutrients, your body will think it is starving, and start keeping everything you eat instead of burning it.
  • JMeka
    JMeka Posts: 26
    Options
    You have once again proven that starvation crash diets don't work.
    You need to give that up.
    Give up the foolish notion that you can famish your way to success.
    Maybe others who are not giving up can learn from your mistakes.
    And if you want to try one final time, go with the MFP recommendations. What have you to lose except your unwanted pounds?
    Seriously, you can do this!
    Give it one more go - the right way! Read up on what is advised from those who created this site. Use the MFP recommendations for safe, steady weight loss, and forget all the absurdity you think you know.
    Good luck to you:flowerforyou:

This
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Don't give up.. It takes time.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If it was easy everyone would do it. I also checked out your diary, i'd try and add another bit of calories to your totals. I saw your quote "no excuses to be this big" well, you'd just be making up another right here. Spread your weigh-ins. Keep your head up and let the plateaus fire you up to work even harder. I weigh in tomorrow and I don't expect a good week. I got plenty of exercise but didn't eat the best. I don;t expect a big change, and if I don't It angers me and I use the anger as fuel to go do some work in the gym. THINK POSITIVE or you are bound to always end up in this situation
  • itali614
    itali614 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I think you need to be eating more. Almost half the days you aren't even eating 1200 calories.

I agree! I learned that I wasn't eating enough calories and just as soon as I started eating the right amount I have lost. And then don't forget weight does fluctuate. Two weeks now it said I have gained two pounds. It was discouraging but I did nothing different. Each of the other weeks I lost a pound. Don't give up. :smile:
  • guineebrat
    guineebrat Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    your body needs to adjust to ur diet changes give it 4 to 6 weeks to c results of fatloss try again stick with it
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my weight can fluctuate by as much as 6 pounds depending on water retention.

calm down and start taking keeping track of your measurements
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I completely agree; throw away the scale and measure key points of you body and keep track of them. It's amazing.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If I were your body, I would hang on to all my fat reserves because I can't be sure when my next meal is coming. Eat more often (build in a snack and a dessert), and eat more evenly the amounts of carbohydrates, protein, and fat recommended. If you are working out as much as you say, you may be gaining muscle . . . but you will eventually become ill if you do not eat the bare minimum of 1200. Try eating 1400 a day . . . and going back into your profile and recalculating your needs. Thank you for making your diary available so that people could help you. . . everyone is pretty much right on with their advice here.

Ruth
  • ScottRy76
    ScottRy76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You're body's trying to make for the lack of food you're not taking in! 800 calories left at the end of the day? Not healthy. Since you need lean protein and all the fun healthy stuff to keep your body from conserving body fat instead of burning.
    Eat more and continue that for a few weeks and see what happens.

Right there is your problem with so little calories your consuming your body is in starvation mode so whatever you feed it its gonna store it cause it has no idea when its going to get food again. Spread your meals out 2 to 3 hours and try to eat 6 times a day.

You should NEVER be under 1200 calories a day
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    unlike everyone here telling you to work harder... give up.. in a month when you gain more weight you will be back.... if you are 100% serious about losing weight you will NOT give up.... no matter how sh!tty it is, no matter how hard it is, no matter how tired you are.. you won't do it... so posting a pitty thread is not worth it.

what you need to do...
    .eat more, move more. .stop whining .. seriously... you didn't put weight on over night it isn't gonna come off over night.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    THIS
    If you truly wanted to quit, you would not have posted this.
    KEEP PUNCHING!
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I do measure everything I eat and keep accurate readings. I do cardio and strength training and have been doing this for a month now. I only get on scales every ten days or so.... Every time, I am heavier.

First off, hats off to you for trying to get healthy! This is an awesome website, and the food diaries are really helpful.

I took a quick peek at your food diary (this might be a repeat, I didn't read through everyone else's posts) but while I notice you do pretty well with your calories, your protein and your sugar intake are way over the limit just about every day. Can I make a suggestion? Take a good hard look at how much protein and sugar are in the things you eat (those protein shakes you're drinking are killers for both your protein and sugar). I'd try a lot harder to make a good portion of my calories into veggies, fruits, nuts, and good fats (like avocado and olive oils). Doesn't mean you can't still eat the mac and cheese, but keep track of your protein.

Also, sounds like you have one hell of a work schedule! I think you're doing an amazing job in trying to stay healthy amidst all that change. Cut yourself some slack, don't give up, girl!
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't see a lot of veggies and fruits on your diary. I think if you ate more "meals" that might help. I wouldn't give up. Your a mother of 4 and your kids deserve the best you. If your unhappy with yourself then they will feel that way about themselves too. Try to eat a more balanced diet.