• Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    you guys are hilarious. :laugh:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose it so quickly?

If there WAS a healthy way we'd ALL be doing it and there would be no such thing as obesity!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    if you mean lose, chop off a hand.

A ten pound hand? Are you Hagrid?

I snickered quite snortily at this.

As did I :laugh:
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Drink 1.25 gallons of water, don't urinate....and then get on the scale. Eat at maintenance for 1 week, then weigh yourself again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    If it was that easy MFP would be out of business.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lol trolling I suspect. Here ya go: (3500*10)/7= 5000

For arguments sake lets assume your TDEE is 2000. Basically do 3000 calories of exercise per day on top of your normal daily routine while starving yourself.

Seems healthy enough to me :laugh:
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I lost 9lbs in a week doing South Beach. I was miserable and apparently quite mean. As soon I a carb touched my lips, I immediately gained the 9 back and then some. So not worth that roller coaster. And eliminating certain food groups is never a good idea.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    How do you loose 10LBS in a week? The HEALTHY way!!

Easy. You switch to a calender where one week is equivalent to 2 months in our traditional Gregorian calender.

Then you put in the effort exercisiing and eat healthily
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    no one loses 10 lbs in a week the healthy way. If you work hard, eat right, and exercise you might lose 5 lbs in aweek. But it may just be water weight or boating thast you lose.....i would focus more on inches. People don't notice weight loss they notice lost of inches... anyway good luck:smile:

I notice weight loss...that'd sorta what the point is for me...
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

If there WAS a healthy way we'd ALL be doing it and there would be no such thing as obesity!

Gosh I'd be really skinny in 10 weeks! Come on people - put your thinking caps on! There has to be a way!!!!!!
  • Wonderob
    Options
    no one loses 10 lbs in a week the healthy way. If you work hard, eat right, and exercise you might lose 5 lbs in aweek. But it may just be water weight or boating thast you lose.....i would focus more on inches. People don't notice weight loss they notice lost of inches... anyway good luck:smile:

I think they mean that people who look at you don't notice the weight loss (unless they are looking at you standing naked on your bathroom scales!). People who look at you notice the inches
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options

Gosh I'd be really skinny in 10 weeks! Come on people - put your thinking caps on! There has to be a way!!!!!!
    Deliver a baby....
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I lost two stone (28lb) in a month once,

It was not great, I had food poisoning that put me in hospital for 4 days.

And put it all back on once I could eat.
    Would not recommend it
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Okay - now you're awake! Have a baby? Food poisoning?? What else you got???
  • Wonderob
    Options

Deliver a baby....

Best so far!

Ok so a recap...

Deliver a baby
    Change your calender so that 1 week = 2 months
    Drink gallons of water and weigh yourself, then 'wee out' the excess weight
    Run the equivalent of 3 marathons a day for a week
    Get food poisening (Not so sure that counts as HEALTHY weight loss!)
    Chop off a body part (Again, not overly healthy!)
  • NostalgicMuse
    Options

I think they mean that people who look at you don't notice the weight loss (unless they are looking at you standing naked on your bathroom scales!). People who look at you notice the inches

Yes, the question wasn't how do I lose inches though....the concern voiced addresses the weight itself.....

I may have an answer! Though I'm not sure off the top my head how long it takes to get there...GO TO THE MOON.
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Rather unlikely unless you employ methods dealing with general relativity theory effects - like shooting your clock or calendar into the vicinity of a black hole, while you remain here on earth.

In this case, though, you need a rather resistant clock/calendar, and your whole life and that of tens of generations after you might pass in less than 10 minutes. Also, it would take a bit of time for the clock to get there....

Chopping off your hand seems like the better option, but that's not exactly healthy.
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wrong word choice notwithstanding, there are far too many people on this site looking for quick fixes IMO. I keep getting asked by people how they can lose 30 pounds before they go on holiday in 4 weeks and other unrealistic nonsense. Aim to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week, take it off nice and steady and you will have a far greater chance of keeping the weight off as it will become habit to watch what you are doing and make healthier choices. I took 47 pounds off over the course of 14 months and then when I moved into maintenance it felt like christmas everyday, I even struggled initially to maintain without losing due to a combination of eating far more healthily and lots of exercise.

Good luck.
  • Wonderob
    Options
    Okay - now you're awake! Have a baby? Food poisoning?? What else you got???

Donate an organ

What can you do without? Tonsils? Too light
    A spleen?
    One of our kidneys? Yeah 10lbs for a kidney seems reasonable so that's my answer
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You could try another planet as one op suggested. Mars would give you that weight loss but would take a lot longer than a week to get there.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/weight/

Here is all you need to know about losing weight by travelling to other worlds.

I personally can drop 2 dress sizes by flying to the USA.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!