How to respond to comments about weight loss

Options
13»

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I intentionally did not tell very many people when I started losing weight because I expected to fail (like I always have before) and I didn't want them to say I looked like I'd lost weight just to be "nice". The first time someone said that I'd lost weight (July 4th) I said exactly what PatB52 said in her post....."Yes I have and Thank You for noticing" I almost hugged her neck, even though I barely know her:laugh:
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    It is kind of the social funeral. What do you really say? "Wow the old fat you is dead, the new healthy you looks great!" :laugh: :laugh: Even the" Look at you!" could be negative or positive. Think positive, positive things happen!

Most people just don't know what to say, I take over and tell them all about MFP I tell them I am eating healthy exercising and feel better than I have felt in years.

When the "Okay, you can stop now" comments happen, I smile and say, why would I quit on myself! I want to live to be 108 like my great great grandmother! I love myself to much to go back to how bad and unhealthy I felt before! I promise you they will shut up with the negative comments. just don't let your response be negative. We are a fat country and more people want to know how you did it, and just don't know how to ask. Who knows how many lives you could change! Let your light shine, shine, shine!

I don't know how many people ask me, "what is the name of that web site?" They want to know too, just can't figure out how to ask.

I will be reacting positively from now on, thanks a million!!
    Shine On:wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!