Facebook Status Updates

Options
blazeybug87
blazeybug87 Posts: 226 Member
Do any of you find yourself either laughing or rolling your eyes at your friends Facebook Status Updates?

I love my Facebook but some of the updates really get on my nerves!

The ones that got me today are...

'If you have something to say then say it to my face' .....yeah... you FACEBOOKED this instead of taking it up with the person....

Baby Bore Updates - yes it's delightful that you have a child and I realise he/she is now your world but the rest of the world doesn't care if they just had a poo in their nappy or puked on your shoulder.

People who update about their dinner.... I find it so bland... they may as well have said 'I got dressed today'

People who continually moan about life is unfair and everyone is against them

and the cancer/child abuse/domestic violence 'like' things that go round... Yes, I hate cancer and child abuse and domestic violence like most people, I give money to these types of charities on a regular basis but when you log on for some lighthearted amusement and are confronted with horrific images of these things with the caption 'like if you want domestic violence to stop' I just can't see the purpose of the post. I know it exists, I don't need a photographic reminder every 17 minutes though!

I really am not as miserable as I sound...much :laugh:

Replies

2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    hey I post food photos sometimes!

i agree with everything else!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay that much attention to that stuff when I'm on there, I'm not really worried about everyone else. I do find it annoying though when I do pay attention to it, which is rarely.

If someone annoys me on there, I delete them. I don't need to look at it.

I only have one to keep in touch with family that lives farther away.
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    hey I post food photos sometimes!

i agree with everything else!

Ah but food photos are different! That usually means it's something that is pretty darn special and you need to show the world... not, 'Just had some jam on toast, yum' lol Boring people!!
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Yet.... you're..... talking about it on here? I see.....
  • wantstolooseweight
    wantstolooseweight Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ah but we all know these days things aren't real unless their "facebook real" *sigh it drives me nuts
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The " I'm so miserable I want you back" post.

Or the "I'm pregnant with my 6th child from another man, but you left me to be with someone else so I'm getting over you but I wan't my family back"

"XXX went from being in a relationship to single." One week later..." XXX went from being single to a relationship with XYZ" 2 weeks later " XXX went from being in a relationship to single" 4 days later " XXX went from being single to in a relationship with ABC" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

Those are just a few.
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    Yet.... you're..... talking about it on here? I see.....

:laugh: Good point, well presented! Think I may have just got out of the wrong side of the bed today!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    When I had my facebook (deactivated it recently) I did update about my kids because DH's family lives in California and they enjoy reading all these things. His Mom and Grandma are the type of people that they want to know EVERYTHING that my kids do, lol. It just makes them happy.

Facebook in general irritates me. I don't understand how it is considered a "social" network when all you do is blab on about yourself and all these crappy details of your life that no one wants to know.

I kept my facebook as long as I did simply to keep in contact with DH's family. But I finally had enough. I don't like facebook and I don't like that it is so "important" in people's lives that it can cause a ton of drama.
  • blazeybug87
    Options
    When I had my facebook (deactivated it recently) I did update about my kids because DH's family lives in California and they enjoy reading all these things. His Mom and Grandma are the type of people that they want to know EVERYTHING that my kids do, lol. It just makes them happy.

Facebook in general irritates me. I don't understand how it is considered a "social" network when all you do is blab on about yourself and all these crappy details of your life that no one wants to know.

I kept my facebook as long as I did simply to keep in contact with DH's family. But I finally had enough. I don't like facebook and I don't like that it is so "important" in people's lives that it can cause a ton of drama.

I quite like it because I have quite a few friends In different parts of the country and it's really good for planning get togethers. I can't stand calling or texting so with facebook I just have to say it once and whoever is in on the plan can just jump on the bandwagon
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    What I can't stand about facebook is the people that have to post every little detail about their life and then can't understand why everyone is in their business. If you don't want people in your business, don't post it on Facebook or any other public site.
  • BrokenButterfly
    Options
    Twitter is much much worse. Somehow, because it's purely 'status updates' people think it is more socially acceptable to update absolutely EVERY single detail. It is literally like you're getting their train of thought all day long because 80% of them just aren't applicable to anything! For example:

'Well, that went well'.

Just... *punches*
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have a FB account solely to stay in touch with friends and family. We are a military family and this is the easiest way for everyone to see what we have going on in our lives. Personally, I only post a status update if it is important. IE: our new station. Not to show people that I can bake a cake. All of my "friends" on FB know I can bake a killer cake.....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLefo0fn96o

Hilarious video about this very issue.....
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Aside from MFP and e-mail I've left the internet. Facebook and Twitter closed. Boy, it feels good.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    My friends' list is full of the bipolar relationship types.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I hate when people post things like "today's dinner is [insert a common food here]" or "today I'm doing laundry and homework" .... really....

I will sometimes put photos of my food to show my family/friends the amount of calories for the food because they've continuously asked how I've lost weight, but I don't put it on my timeline. I try to update only when I have something new going on or if I'm frustrated at something.

I also hate how some people will post something every 5 minutes or post a bunch of random pics they find online. I wish they would limit the number of times you can post per hour... haha
  • missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Hahaha Ooops. I love posting pictures of my food, because I've been experimenting with healthy options. Plus it's funny to make people drool. I'm all about posting stupid crap and random videos or articles. At least it's entertaining.

I find those who constantly whine about how crappy their lives are, are the most annoying. Or on the other side of things, those who are finally happy and won't shut up about it. I don't want to know this much about people. I just wanna read random funny things and hopefully not get sucked into peoples "picture perfect" lives. It gets old really quick. I think that's why it's mostly only my family on my FB now.

It's even more funny when you delete someone because they do one of these annoying habits, then they get mad at you for deleting them. Come on people if they're truly your friend you could...oh I dunno, call them?
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Aside from MFP and e-mail I've left the internet. Facebook and Twitter closed. Boy, it feels good.

This is pretty much what I've been slowly doing. The only other site besides MFP that I visit regularly is a parenting forum. I use it whenever I need advice or information.
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny when people LIKE their own status'....LOL!!! I've also got one that says "off work for now...be back at 3pm" she works at a burger joint. We get her updates all the time.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate!