Facebook Status Updates

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I hide people that create passive aggressive status messages.... especially the people that are older than me (*cough* my former aunt who is the mother to my cousins that are only a couple of years younger than me *cough*) that do it... Seriously, take your fight somewhere else... I don't expect people to portray their lives as all unicorns and rainbows... but dang!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Hilarious, I agree... I wouldn't mind leaving Facebook forever but it's my only form of contact with many people.

If you're constantly posting about how you "hate drama", then guess what, it's because you actually love drama

That's how I feel about facebook too... it was fun back in 2004... but being scattered all over the planet it's the easiest way to keep in touch with family and friends.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    For me... I get tired of everyone thinking that some generic share or post that I put is automatically about them! Already had one "good" friendship ruined over this exactly.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I hate the new timeline crap....also I hate statuses that are about PERSONAL BUSINESS that should not be put on for everyone to see and the complaining statuses too....errr they erk me :explode: :mad:
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    My favorite (sarcasm) is my sister who often posts how there isn't enough time in the day. She does not work. She usually over sleeps to the point she has to drive her son to school instead of him catching the school bus 3 doors down. Then she comes home and goes back to bed. She doesn't clean. Rarely cooks dinner. Yet has plenty of time to post stupid status updates. Also love the religious ones since she can't get herself out of bed early enough to attend church on Sundays.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Got into a facebook debate recently about one of my friend's statuses which read, "I mean, I get the whole army thing. But I can't support them. Murder is murder." Lets just say it ended with a lot of pissed off pro-army people (myself included), and a lot of ignorant anti-army people.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Got into a facebook debate recently about one of my friend's statuses which read, "I mean, I get the whole army thing. But I can't support them. Murder is murder." Lets just say it ended with a lot of pissed off pro-army people (myself included), and a lot of ignorant anti-army people.

i think it is more ignorant to resolve issues with war, but who am i to think people deserve peace! lol
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My 4 month old had a massive blow out this morning. Oh *kitten*.. I thought this was my FB status update! :tongue:
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

i think it is more ignorant to resolve issues with war, but who am i to think people deserve peace! lol

Without better details as to how / what the argument turned into, this comment makes no sense.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No one likes war. And the day there are no more psychopaths with power in the world, war will no longer be necessary. But if you really believe that war is never necessary to keep the world safe, then good for you.

lol
  • phtbtmgrl
    phtbtmgrl Posts: 29
    Options
    Recently a friend of mine (also a FB friend) found out she is 4wks pregnant. All her statuses now are; Can't sleep. Peeing every 10 minutes. So exhausted. Pregnancy is awful. Yada yada yada... Give me a break, it's only been four weeks. Wait till you get to 7-9 months then start complaining about peeing a lot. Wait til you have the child, then you talk about being exhausted.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    My niece-in-law was 9 months pregnant with her third child, and posted a whine about it in the form of a prayer request, about being so tired of pregnancy, she needed to have the baby, blah, blah, blah. Many of her friends, including myself, posted words of advice and/or encouragement, and support. I tempered myself because she's my self-absorbed nephew's self-absorbed wife, and abstained from my usual, "snap out of it and stop your whining" comments and simply gave her a word of encouragement--

Very soon after, her shmuck of a previously mentioned self-absorbed husband chastised all of us who supported her, saying, "The advice needs to stop. I know you mean well, but it's turning into a "you need to do this," and it's just too much.:"

You know-- stick it, buddy.

Suffice it to say, I no longer have either of them on my friend's list.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Some people need to be thankful for what they have and stop airing negative things on facebook. The women who complain about being pregnant should be thankful that they are pregnant. I have 3 friends who recently miscarried and that is sad.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    My niece-in-law was 9 months pregnant with her third child, and posted a whine about it in the form of a prayer request, about being so tired of pregnancy, she needed to have the baby, blah, blah, blah. Many of her friends, including myself, posted words of advice and/or encouragement, and support. I tempered myself because she's my self-absorbed nephew's self-absorbed wife, and abstained from my usual, "snap out of it and stop your whining" comments and simply gave her a word of encouragement--

Very soon after, her shmuck of a previously mentioned self-absorbed husband chastised all of us who supported her, saying, "The advice needs to stop. I know you mean well, but it's turning into a "you need to do this," and it's just too much.:"

Because no other woman has ever had a baby, right? I do have some sympathy for those last few weeks of just wanting to have the freaking baby already!!!! But to chastise for people commenting when she put it out there is beyond ridiculous. And some of us have been there, done that and some of that advice might actually help her.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    For a while my facebook status updates were almost exclusively stating when I was travelling and when I was home ebcause my friends were constantly not inviting me to things because they thought I was on the road. But that failed miserably, so now it's predominantly hip hop lyrics from 1987-1995.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Because no other woman has ever had a baby, right? I do have some sympathy for those last few weeks of just wanting to have the freaking baby already!!!! But to chastise for people commenting when she put it out there is beyond ridiculous. And some of us have been there, done that and some of that advice might actually help her.

in my own inimitable way, I left one parting shot across his bow, then deleted them both. There's a reason I have no contact with relatives.....
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I rarely update my status...

The worst is the ppl that give playby plays of their life...with indepth detail! I have a friend of mine (who I do love dearly) but man, she needs to realize that ppl don't really care that this month she has decided to quite drinking and the 10 reasons why, or the next post about the 10 reasons why she has taken drinking up again, or that she is off to blow dry her hair because the humidity is just causing it to frizz up and the products she is using just don't seem to be doing the trick, etc etc.

Her posts are novels.....
  • Here2GetFit
    Here2GetFit Posts: 292
    Options
    Status Update: I just ate a maple iced cinnamon roll. Yum!
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I noticed more than ever from social networks that many people strive for attention even when they deny it. They take pictures with money, post daily updates about their kids/boyfriends, and share everything new in their life like others should care.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of the mommy posts, sorry my kids are my world and I"m sure you post things that others find annoying and probably no one really cares about as well. No one is perfect. Though my mommy posts are usually about what my kids did that were so darn funny or how much I miss them when they are gone. Oh well I'm a mother who loves her babies and want the world to know about it, if you don't like it, hide it. They do make that function ya know.

The thing that annoys me the most about fb statuses is people who think they get to tell others what they should or shouldn't post on fb. I mean seriously? Who the hell died and made them God of Facebook? I'll post what the hell I wanna post on fb and I post what the hell I want to post on MFP as well. I post more on MFP then I do FB, and I post quite a bit.

Try being a sahm with no adults to interact with, I bet you find yourself posting more things that probably a lot of people find "Not something I care about." there are 3 options, over look it and get over it because it isn't going to change, hide the person if it bugs you that much, or delete them. Complaining here about that isn't gonna fix it. Just saying!