Cleaning!?

Options
12346»

Replies

• bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    I wouldn't log doing a load of washing - but I did log cleaning about a week ago, when I was moving house. Spent about 8 hours lifting, running around, scrubbing, vacuuming - I only logged 3 hours though, cos I know I wasn't massively active the whole time.

That sounds reasonable. BTW...the first time that I glanced at your picture I thought you had Zooey Deschenal posted as your pic. You look a little like her. Off subject I know.
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I always work up a sweat when I'm cleaning (because I don't particularly enjoy it I rush to get it done) - makes the sitting down afterwards that much more special!. However I don't log it here as exercise, I think that's a bit of a cop-out to making time for real structured exercise.
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    I only log heavy duty cleaning such as washing walls or cleaning the basement or moving tons of furniture. Otherwise it's just part of my daily routine. I've also seen calories burned for cooking and food preparation but I wouldn't count that unless I was doing some serious party cooking or on my feet for multiple hours.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I also log stuff other than cleaning that might not be considered exercise.... gardening for example (turning soil with just a rake in 80 degrees really gets your heart pumping!)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Once I saw showering...... come on.

i shower purely for the calories burned...that is all. :laugh:
  • rmrpender
    rmrpender Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't count cleaning calories as calories burned - although if I am scrubbing the kitchen floor for an hour I might consider it...
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    If I sit and work 8 hours a day I burn about 2200 calories. If I clean and take care of my kids all day I burn 2900 calories. Clearly 700 calories IS a big deal
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Daily cleaning, I don't log. But if I were to be moving furniture or mopping the floors or going up and downstairs to do countless loads of laundry in one day, rather than a load every other day, then I'd probably log it. It depends on what is 'normal' for you.