pop tarts question

Options
13»

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    She asked a question about serving sizes...not for color commentary on her choice of breakfast. If she was hungry and fits it in to her calories for the day, why jump all over her? Most people on this site know that a bowl of oatmeal is better than a pop tart...harsh peanut gallery, this why I rarely post in the forums.

This! Good Lord people. I don't think she asked for opinions on what she was having for breakfast. I have eaten pop-tarts on morning when I was running late, out of oatmeal and not enough time to cook anything. It didn't ruin my diet or my body.

Obnoxious!
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    MMMM....Smores poptarts are my favorite! I have one occassionally and am still alive and kickin'!

And yes, it is one poptart unfortuantely :( Such evil marketing lol
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    POP TARTS NUTRITIONAL QUANDARY: "CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CRACKER MEAL, SALT, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE)" to name just a few of the lovely crap the corporate food conglomerate packs in those things. The first three ingredients are sugar.

Why the hell would you even want to eat one, let alone two?

Get those things out of your house!!!

-Debra

This is RUDE and mean an unnecessary. She was asking a question about serving size, not your personal opinion on pop-tars themselves.

OP- I enjoy a good pop-tart here and there- DESPITE what the other rude people have been saying, there is nothing wrong with them. I believe in "everything in moderation" so if I run out of oatmeal (as you seem to have) and have a pop- tart available, I will eat it! better than starving yourself until lunch and over eating then. :)

My favorite kind is the brown sugar and cinnamon.

Whoops! Looks like all that high fructose corn syrup is going to make me INSTANTLY FAT and I am apparently going to die tomorrow- oh well at least I will die happy! :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Did I miss something in her original ? Regarding if pop tarts were healthy or not???? Thought the ? Was about serving size and calorie count? Geez people
  • bcmlam1001
    bcmlam1001 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yep 1 poptart is 1 serving so there is 2 servings in one pack. There is nothing wrong with having one for breakfast. I eat them all the time. The ingredients in them are no different than the ingredients in a 90 cal special k bar or in any other "diet" bar. It's all about portion control and staying in your boundries =) After all, the portion sizes are what makes you overweight , not the ingredients =)
    I have one and fold the pack up and put tape on it and have the other one the next morning. I don't always eat them cause I like oatmeal or fiber one cereal for the high fiber but pop tarts are on my list of things to eat for breakfast. I get the un-frosted ones tho because the white frosting is to sweet for me but it's all in preferences because the nutrition is the same!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Pop Tarts. I love the blueberry frosted.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    POP TARTS NUTRITIONAL QUANDARY: "CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN AND PALM OIL (WITH TBHQ FOR FRESHNESS), CRACKER MEAL, SALT, SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE)" to name just a few of the lovely crap the corporate food conglomerate packs in those things. The first three ingredients are sugar.

Why the hell would you even want to eat one, let alone two?

Get those things out of your house!!!

-Debra

Why not. They are delicious. Get off your high horse.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    You could make your own: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/04/homemade-pop-tarts/

Probably not low-cal but you could control what goes in them. They look pretty good.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Agreeing with all of the "ignore the food nazis" comments. Really people? Just because YOU wouldn't eat it, or was a food you had to cut out completely, doesn't mean she shouldn't eat it. This site is based on a calorie tracking system, and she was asking about calories - so what if she's doing it differently? CLEARLY she is still concerned about the caloric intake if she is asking about the proper serving size.

This coming from a woman whose husband lost 80 pounds eating pizza 1-2 times a week and has maintained that loss for 1.5 years.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, if her calories are under and her macros are in line, what does it matter that she had a pop tart for breakfast?
  • littlek735
    littlek735 Posts: 28
    Options
    eat the pop tart and enjoy it!! just adjust your intake for the remainder of the day
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts are the best thing on earth. I hate them about as much as Mac/Cheese
    :)
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    i feel stupid for asking this, but I am having a pop tart for breakfast right now and when I am choosing serving size, my options are either 1 pastry or 1 container (8 pastries each). There are, however, 2 pieces in each little packet. So does that mean that I am having the 1 pastry serving???
    ahh

I had one this morning, one pastry is indeed, 200 calories. A whole foil packet is 400 calories (not 500 as someone else pointed out).

I was craving them for so long.... I am glad I had it, it is now out of the way and I can focus on eating well the rest of the day.

I do admit that I am a little hungry right now. It is 1hr till lunch and I had to eat a carrot to try to tide me over.
  • MirinSerratus
    MirinSerratus Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    sounds like u mad, list what u eat so we know what to stay away from.
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I seem to remember a thread where a bunch of people were saying they eat pop tarts as their pre-workout. MMmmmm.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    sorry for offending everyone with pop tarts. It was a desperate act, out of oatmeal.

Not offensive - we're all just mad that you had one and we didn't. (Unfrosted blueberry - I still dream about them...)
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    P.S.-- never asking a question on this site ever again. People are not nice.