Anyone here a teacher?

Options

Replies

• kcoburn327
    kcoburn327 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am going on my sixth year of teaching kindergarten.
  • mlewon
    mlewon Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm currently a camp director for a children's camp and I really think I would love to teach someday.

I only have one year left in college, and I'm still trying to decide what I want to do... sigh.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I teach. I'm licensed PreK to gr 6. I love it. Good Luck.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am in my third year.

First year = 3rd grade all subjects
    Second year = 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th grade Civics and World Geography
    Third year (just signed my transfer papers today :) = 6th & 7th grade Social Studies
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    if I were 22 again and I saw what was happening to the U.S. education system, I'd certainly think twice and probably do something else.

I wonder about this myself. I think I would have taught for a few years and then gone onto something else. I do enjoy it, but the test prep mentality that is sweeping the nation makes me uneasy. Kids want to know if they "have to know it for the test." I fear that some are losing the desire to learn for the sake of learning.

Anyways...I think you can always find a preschool job. You have more flexibility. However, salaries are VERY low for that type of teacher. Of course, you could open your own preschool or move to the level of director to increase your wages.
  • flukes9
    flukes9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher without a classroom...earned my credential 3 years ago and have been subbing ever since. I did become a temporary first-grade teacher and had a classroom for almost the whole year, but am still hoping for a permanent position this fall. It's so disheartening sometimes because I'm so ready and there just aren't enough jobs for us with budget cuts. Good luck to all of us!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I am a teacher i teach 5th grade. :flowerforyou:

Me too!! I only teach reading, writing, and social studies.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I am a community college teacher so I teach big mean adults! LOL
  • tgwilson
    tgwilson Posts: 10
    Options
    I am proud to say that I am a special education teacher (k-5). :smile:
  • scienceteacherAK
    scienceteacherAK Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me! I teach high school science: Biology, Integrated Science-9, and Biomedical Sciences (PLTW if any of you are familiar with that program).

Most days I LOVE teaching high school, some days I think I would be happy doing anything besides teaching. I love the students and teaching part, HATE the dealing with overbearing parents part... GRR (like when it becomes MY fault that their kid can't get their homework done on time!).
  • katec0621
    katec0621 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am high school biology teacher. I finished school about 6 years ago (my second time through college) and have been subbing since. It was a great arrangement when my daughter was born about a year after I got my license, but I'm ready to be in a classroom full time. I've done a lot of long term jobs the past couple of years, including summer school this year, which have been great, but I'm tired of being the sub!
  • TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Teaching sucks......IJS.....
  • Kaylarhodes
    Kaylarhodes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both are in school to become teachers. I have decided to make sure healthy habits are a big part of my classroom.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    I haven't had to do any school for it. But I am a preschool teachers assistant. :)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I am! I taught special education for 17 years, third grade for one, and now teach first, second and third grades in our district's only public Montessori school. :) I've been teaching for 21 years.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am also a teacher. I have taught 4th grade for 3 years, and this upcoming school year I am moving to pre-k. You are going to need lots of energy :D
  • mead
    mead Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :heart: i am a young toddler teacher :smile:
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I teach computers at an Elementary school
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    The last two years I taught 9th grade English and English Honors, and next year I am supposed to go to 10th grade but there are a TON of variables up in the air right now
  • makingthebook
    makingthebook Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished my masters program in Special Education and plan to teach this fall. I really hope to find something. I have been getting interviews but no offers just yet. I have my fingers crossed.