Anyone here a teacher?

Options

Replies

• acora
    acora Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am currently a junior at Indiana University studying to be an Elementary teacher! :)
  • Speazzy
    Speazzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just finished my 9th year of teaching - I have taught 2nd, 3rd, & 4th grades and this year I taught 1st grade!! :smile:
  • Mdavis672000
    Options
    I'm working on my Masters of Arts in Teaching degree. I hopefully will be teaching middle grades mathematics.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I teach culinary arts. Try logging calories when you take a bite of over 100 different foods a day!
  • thumper2471
    thumper2471 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too teach preschool, have for ten years. Before that I taught high school. I often say they were actually quite similar! :laugh: Yes, stressful but very rewarding! LOVE SUMMERTIME! I just had my third child who is 7 months old. My goal is to lose the baby weight before school starts up again! I want to buy new school clothes!!!
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I teach band. I've been teaching music for 6 years now. Super busy job- I get to school at 6:30 am and leave after 6 PM most nights plus work on a lot of Saturdays. I'm continuing to struggle with the balance so I can make me more of a priority.
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I teach, therefore I am!
  • Brookhaven64
    Brookhaven64 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I retired from Public school as a teacher for 27 years, and loved every minute of it. I am now teaching the Developmentally challenged on the college campus. I feel so blessed because I have touched so many lives. Kids are very honest and will tell you what they think of your shape. Again, just be honest and explain to them that obesity starts when you are a child and they should be very careful with their choices. Kids are so special.
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    yep! i'm a teacher~~

during the past four years, i taught very young (ages 3 - 6) children in kindergarten and primary school. now i am an ESL teacher for adults. i love it! i've had stints teaching in colleges as well, but i really prefer ESL instruction.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am a Para Professional (Teacher Assistant) for elementary Special Ed. Its incredibly rewarding and its never the same day twice. I am blessed to have my summers off to regroup and recover for the fall:happy:
  • mbraley92
    mbraley92 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm halfway through my bachelor's degree in elementary education, and I'm just picking up a minor in coaching! I need to be a healthy influence on my students and team members.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ELL Para transitioning to high school science teacher, here!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I teach K-6 Music at two different schools (thank you, budget cuts!), so I see 1,400 students. I'm using the summer to destress. :smile:
  • strongnotskinny121
    strongnotskinny121 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher without a classroom...earned my credential 3 years ago and have been subbing ever since. I did become a temporary first-grade teacher and had a classroom for almost the whole year, but am still hoping for a permanent position this fall. It's so disheartening sometimes because I'm so ready and there just aren't enough jobs for us with budget cuts. Good luck to all of us!

^^^My story also. Graduated in '09 for Social Studies. In the rural area I live in, the schools want "locals" to teach. Or they need a football coach. Grr...seriously regretting my degree.
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    :heart: i am a young toddler teacher :smile:

I love the toddler room! I worked with 3-4 year olds for two years at a daycare and recently quit. I loved it! It was tiring but so rewarding!
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    I too teach preschool, have for ten years. Before that I taught high school. I often say they were actually quite similar! :laugh: Yes, stressful but very rewarding! LOVE SUMMERTIME! I just had my third child who is 7 months old. My goal is to lose the baby weight before school starts up again! I want to buy new school clothes!!!

A new wardrobe sounds like a good start to a new year! :heart:
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i am a severely handicapped special education teacher (middle and high school students)...

i teach an autistic classroom doing behavior intervention (kids that attack peers, themselves, self injurious behaviors (banging head on walls/windows, biting self until they bleed) so i spend most of my day trying to replace these behaviors with communication options or teaching the kid how to self-moniter to help prevent these tantrums :)

love my job, its like a workout in itself trying to restrain 200+ pound kids with adrenal running through their systems!
  • teacheatsleep
    teacheatsleep Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I teach 2nd Grade. This will be my third year teaching:wink:
  • shorthand73
    shorthand73 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    15 years as an Educational Speech and Language Pathologist and I think I have the greatest job in the world! :happy:
  • jenniferrebekahsands
    Options
    I am dual certified biology & special ed. I teach 9th grade. This coming year will be seven years teaching. I have resource classes where I teach biology to just special Ed students & I co-teach with other bio teachers in inclusion settings (reg Ed & special Ed combined). I also teach science two nights a week During the school year at the hs night school. And today was the last day of summer school! I am officially on summer vacation now!!