A Tip for (wanting-to-be) Morning Exercisers

Options
Moxie42
Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
I know I'm not alone when I say that getting up extra early to work out can be HARD!!! It's so easy to just roll over and hit "snooze." My fiance, who is way better at this routine than I am, recommended an app to me called "I Can't Wake Up!" I tried it today and loved it.

The basic feature is your typical phone alarm (you can use any ringtone or song from your playlist), but it also features options to have to complete a task before your alarm will stop going off. You can't even hit "snooze" without completing the task. We both like using the "barcode task" best. (There are also tasks where you would do a math problem, solve a puzzle, etc., if you need something that makes you use your brain a bit).

I took the barcode from the package of an item and put it on the fridge in the kitchen. Every morning when the alarm goes off, I have to get up, go "all the way" to the kitchen, and scan the barcode to make the alarm stop. I could hit snooze at that point, but I'm already up and nowhere near the bed so it makes it much easier to just get my workout clothes on and GO. If you're a coffee drinker, set the coffee-maker to brew 10 minutes earlier than your alarm goes off- then when you go to scan your barcode, you're welcomed with a nice fresh pot of wake-up juice!

Today is the first time I used this app and it's the first time in years I've gotten up without hitting snooze even once! I actually was able to work out the full 30 minutes I had planned since I didn't run late and got to the gym as soon as it opened!

I hope this helps anyone else who has a hard time getting up in the mornings!

Replies

• mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! Thanks!
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What a great idea, I must find this app! Thanks
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting but I am sure either my wife or I would smash the phone before said task would be complete.
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to try this!! Thank you!! :)
  • RunEloiseRun
    Options
    My goal is to start waking up around 6am to run so I can avoid as much of the heat as possible but I can never seem to get up before 8! Thanks for telling us about this app. Maybe i'll have a very early morning run now in my future (:
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    too funny..will check it out! Thanks! :smile:
  • edd43
    edd43 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely not a morning person. Thanks so much for the tip! I'll definitely have to go find this app.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I am intrigued. I do wish I could get my workout over with in the mornings, but it is so hard to get up!
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    :happy: This is the cutest idea! Thanks!
  • kristalael
    kristalael Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person either and always say that I wish I could get up at 5 to workout so I have more energy throughout the day. I try to workout after work but by the time I put in 8 hours at work, I am exhausted and don't have the energy to go to the gym. I will definitely have to try this app since I hit the snooze for at least 20-30 minutes everyday and struggle to get up in the morning. Thanks!! :happy:
  • tmos512
    tmos512 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This is AWESOME! I'm a chronic snoozer (I've been known to out-snooze the alarm's limit on occasion) and have tried the good old "just put it across the room." I will HAVE to try this!

Thanks so much!
  • livies_mommy
    Options
    I will definitely have to try this out tomorrow morning! Never thought to run the coffee too, great idea!
  • jenniferlmartinez
    jenniferlmartinez Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thats a great idea
  • orangegerbera
    orangegerbera Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is awesome. Thanks for taking the time to share. : )
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump for later~
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    Awesome! I might try that! :smile:
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    THANKYOUSOMUCH!!! It's like you knew my biggest problem and gave me a solution!
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Sounds amazing. I have figured out how to turn my alarm OFF (not even snooze) in my sleep. I do not wake up. Sucks.
  • Deltafliers
    Deltafliers Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I need to chack that ap out! Awesome!!