Wow! Thank you!
  • amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Found app and free woot! Thank you for sharing this tip.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I so need this. I guess I need to tape a barcode to my treadmill...

I have read over and over and over that people who just get up and DO IT, get it done. I spend half the day contemplating it and it gets so old!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I wish this would work to get my husband up. Unfortunately, I'm sure that I would be the one solving math problems or searching for the ketchup's barcode...

Good tip, though!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting but I am sure either my wife or I would smash the phone before said task would be complete.

Perhaps backup phones would be advisable :tongue:
  • LoriA6724
    LoriA6724 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Maybe there's hope for me after all! Thanks!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! This is EXACTLY what I need. My only issue is if I came into the kitchen with the alarm going off, I would probably wake up my kids. Definitely going to check it out though!

I think there's a vibrate option too. If you're not a heavy sleeper and have a hard surface you can put your phone on, that might work. I know my phone is really loud if it vibrates on a shelf, desk, or hardwood floor.
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • slim_photographer
    slim_photographer Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    great tip! and if you want to prank each other why don't you hide the bar code so that the other person is not able to scan it, what happens then? :)
  • Teshablue82
    Teshablue82 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That is a great tip!! Thank you for sharing! I will have to look into that now!
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    Morning is the only extra time I have to exercise, but its so difficult to wake up early.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    This is great! I get up at 3:45 to workout and usually don't have a problem (in fact, today I woke up naturally, even though my alarm was set for 345PM!!) but once in a while it doesn't happen. If only the "task" you had to complete was to get your HR to a certain level before it went off ;-)
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip!
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I wish this would work to get my husband up. Unfortunately, I'm sure that I would be the one solving math problems or searching for the ketchup's barcode...

Good tip, though!

Haha, yeah- it didn't work for me until I got the app myself. My fiance already had it (and yes I wanted to throw his phone against a wall every morning) but since he dealt with the scanning, I never got up. Of course if he had a super-annoying alarm and refused to get up, I would have gotten up just to make the thing stop, lol! But then that's where the whole destroying-the-phone thing comes into play :-P

I'm so glad people are finding this helpful! And someone mentioned taping a barcode to their treadmill- that's an awesome idea for at-home workouts!!!

And yes, the app is FREE!
  • southernlady82
    Options
    I love this tip! I was just thinking about this this morning... living in Texas and preferring to workout outside, I need to start doing it in the morning since it's so hot! Looking for the app as we speak, fingers crossed it works for my habitually snoozing self :wink:
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    sounds cool!!!
  • MeredithLee11
    MeredithLee11 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Oo.. I'll have to look into this :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    bump for later because I dooooo want to be an early morning exerciser!!!

the one time it worked for me was when I joined an early morning bootcamp that happned to be with a great instructor and a great group of people.... unfortunately that was too expensive to maintain :(

ETA: what do you think of the ads?? I was reading the reviews and apparently they're pretty horrible??