Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

Unless you have a vagina, your input is absolutely irrelevant to the topic of this discussion.

Unless it's something funny.
    but some people's ability to go past a certain amount of pain is also different from everyone else. there are a lot of factors that go on with a period, not just cramps and blood flow and some mood changes. There's pain and tenderness in the breasts, changing of body temperature, nausea that can really make you feel like you're about to vomit at any moment, pain that literally stops you in your tracks, a lot of things. If its a life and death situation like a burning building those things might hinder you but you'd do your best to get out, but in terms of exercising there's no problem with saying, my cycle started so I don't feel like it.

Dont forget the pooping yourself.
    the pooping was a one time thing!! hehe.
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    Day 1, I take it a little easier if I am really hurting, after that it is any other day. We also have BJ week at our house! lol
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Day 1, I take it a little easier if I am really hurting, after that it is any other day. We also have BJ week at our house! lol
    BJ....?
    as in *kitten* or something else?
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options

Haha, lucky you! My libido just DIES.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

You ever had very bad menstrual cramps where the pain goes down to your legs and makes you where you can hardly move and the pain is so bad you're going to vomit? I assume not since you're male, try to talk of something you know of before saying its a sign of being lazy.

Kind of reminds me of when i was working out with a busted leg. Everyone has excuses. In reply to your other post "the worst cramps" reminds me of, "my problems are greater than yours" ordeal. We have all had problems and what not, no one's problems is greater than someone elses.

Yeah, and I finished my remaining 9.9 miles of a brutal trail relay with a grade 2 sprain years ago and permanently damaged my ankle in the process (I took one for the team, literally)...that pain was NOTHING compared to the menstrual cramps and bleeding I used to contend with. The only thing more painful was full-on labor contractions <5 minutes apart.

Until you grow a uterus and at least one functioning ovary I'm not really sure why you're weighing-in. You really don't have a dog in this fight. I won't tell you how to deal with prostate issues, 'cause that ain't my bag, baby.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    For real. Exercise helps with cramps anyways.

THANK YOU!

Agreed! Day 2 of TOM is ALWAYS the worst for cramping - so I go and run 10k - I usually end up with my best runs AND it's better than Advil Liqui-Gels
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

Easy now, Mary...sounds like TOM for you right now. Maybe you need some midol and a nice toddy...
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Kind of reminds me of when i was working out with a busted leg. Everyone has excuses. In reply to your other post "the worst cramps" reminds me of, "my problems are greater than yours" ordeal. We have all had problems and what not, no one's problems is greater than someone elses.

Ummm... no, no, I think some of these ladies have it much, much worse than me. I've never had anemia from my monthly so I quite willingly concede that others have greater problems than mine. A broken leg isn't quite the same as severe menstrual issues. A broken leg is a more rare event (I hope) than the monthly torture some of us go through.

I think part of it may also be a psychological issue - we know it's coming and we know how bad it's going to be, which might make it even worse.

I am so incredibly thankful that as I get older and the more weight I lose the better things get for me. I know how it feels from both sides (severe cramps, unable to move, the gush, the chills, the migraines, the pain that wraps from between my shoulder blades in a straight line down my spine then wraps up around to my womb, the nausea, etc. and more recently having less issues and hardly any cramps compared with before).

I could never dictate to another woman how she should manage during that time.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I walk all the time during my TOM.
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    I'm sorry...but when I've got cramps that make me feel like I'm going to throw up or what ever, I'm gonna chill that day! Some days, like today I did something about my cramps and I went on to do my work out. REALLY. It pisses me off when girls get so upset over how I choose to handle my period! Mine HURTS. It hurts bad.. And when I do start, and it hurts that bad I have the right to act like a baby and skip a work out. Every woman gets a period and gets cramps. Some worse than others. Your cramps might not be nearly as bad as mine.

MY PERIOD, MY CRAMPS, MY BODY. If it hurts, I'll skip a work out. It isn't an excuse.. it is part of our life and we can all handle it different. These rants PISS ME OFF.

Sorry if I sound Rude. But when I feel like I'm going to vomit or something 'else' not pretty.. and someone says 'stop making excuses' I get pissed.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Unless you have a vagina, your input is absolutely irrelevant to the topic of this discussion.

Unless it's something funny.
    but some people's ability to go past a certain amount of pain is also different from everyone else. there are a lot of factors that go on with a period, not just cramps and blood flow and some mood changes. There's pain and tenderness in the breasts, changing of body temperature, nausea that can really make you feel like you're about to vomit at any moment, pain that literally stops you in your tracks, a lot of things. If its a life and death situation like a burning building those things might hinder you but you'd do your best to get out, but in terms of exercising there's no problem with saying, my cycle started so I don't feel like it.

Dont forget the pooping yourself.

Exactly :-P
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I only workout when I ovulate.

Good call.
  • zoom2
    Options
    Either way, who bikes on their period? That is the last thing I would want to do... tampon or not!

Heh, I did yesterday...100 miles. Thank jeebuz for menstrual cups! 10 years ago my monthlies kept me from leaving the house, much less riding a bike or running at all.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I find out that my period is a lot better for me when I do exercise and my cramps aren't nearly as bad...
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    For real. Exercise helps with cramps anyways.

THANK YOU!

Makes mine worse. I tried this once, Nope. Had to turn around. My legs felt like jello and I got sick.
  • ItsPheebs
    ItsPheebs Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

Yes, it helps with cramps ... but it also makes your flow heavier. I don't use it as an excuse all that often, but I work my *kitten* off most of the time so if I want to skip it for whatever reason ... I will. Every woman is different, and we've all earned the right not to be judged about it.

I've trained injured, too. It's not the same. Bros don't know. Just sayin ...
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    My time used to be the worst. Never in my life has it been regular. Rarely does it not leave me completely checking out of life for at least 2 days. But since I started exercising it's regular down to the day which is nice to be able to plan lol I've been laid out with cramps still but I still go to the gym. Just pop an Advil first and work through it. I know I'll always feel better after working out.
  • zoom2
    Options
    From a scientific stand point, i can observe. I see many many women who work out on their cycle... yet some say they can't because of it. Majority rules in this case.

Does that standpoint only view the cycle from the vantage point of a normal reproductive system, or does it also take into account abnormalities, like endometriosis, PCOS, and fibroid tumors?

As MANY of us have pointed out, our pain is not from "normal" reproductive systems, but from abnormalities. I can show you my laparoscopic abdominal photos of extensive adhesions if you'd like.
  • deucesarewild1
    deucesarewild1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Well whatever it wont make a huge difference in the grand scheme of things. What is it, a few days of hell? And the rest of the month be committed. Wont kill anyone.

That's too all-or-nothing for me.
  • zoom2
    Options
    I find out that my period is a lot better for me when I do exercise and my cramps aren't nearly as bad...

I feel the same way.

So...you're a shemale, then? Alrighty.
This discussion has been closed.