Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options
    Has anybody else noticed that the OP just...vanished...?

Starting to get the feeling we may have all inadvertently fed some trolls...

Eh, **** 'em. It was a good thread. Lots of passion here.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I figured it was a troll thread, but since everyone else chimed in....
  • brittigno
    brittigno Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Basically, every woman's cycle is different. It's not up to any one person to judge what they do or don't feel up to during that TOM.

:drinker:

co-sign. this sexist bull**** can suck it!
    Gotta love when women shame other women for something that none of their business.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I'm pretty sure everything that could possibly be said about this has been said, but I just wanted to add that I really mourn the loss of the art of empathy. We have become such a cynical society that everyone is assumed to be making excuses for everything, everyone is automatically assumed to be weak, or less than. Yes, a lot of people use things as excuses, but just as many or more do not. Don't let cynicism get in the way of your compassion for others. And don't let your own views cloud your eyes against the beauty of what other people CHOOSE to do. YOU choose to deal with things one way, someone else chooses another. No one's way is right or wrong, it is just their way. <3
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    lots of females use their TOM to get out of everything.
    i don't get it.

they also use birth control as an excuse too.
    it's like no, your birth control didn't MAKE you fat.
    '
    sigh.

from a cultural point of view in some cultures when a woman is going through her time, she is supposed to refrain from certain activities and also some forms of birth control have been proven to cause weight gain as a side effect
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    OP is beyond ignorant. And why are there men in this thread?

They confused this thread with Ladies' Night, methinks.

I guess that is partly true, many of the ladies seem to be here tonight! :laugh:
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

Eh, **** 'em. It was a good thread. Lots of passion here.

^Hahaha, agreed.
  • noirnatural
    Options
    *sigh* I'm pretty sure everything that could possibly be said about this has been said, but I just wanted to add that I really mourn the loss of the art of empathy. We have become such a cynical society that everyone is assumed to be making excuses for everything, everyone is automatically assumed to be weak, or less than. Yes, a lot of people use things as excuses, but just as many or more do not. Don't let cynicism get in the way of your compassion for others. And don't let your own views cloud your eyes against the beauty of what other people CHOOSE to do. YOU choose to deal with things one way, someone else chooses another. No one's way is right or wrong, it is just their way. <3
    Well said.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

Then you never had the worst cramps. I have been there and know how it is when the cramps are so bad you literally can't move. Feel lucky you don't get them that bad and just worry about your own exercise instead of others.
  • mommamindi
    mommamindi Posts: 273
    Options

Pretty sure you just became my best friend! :)
  • nucreeman
    nucreeman Posts: 40
    Options
    While its true that exercise helps cramps it's not just about the cramps. Some women bleed a LOT on the first few days of their period that any extra movement is...messy.

No one wants to look like a stuck pig in front of everyone...
    That's my issue the fkow, and not wanting to bounce around the first few days.
  • noirnatural
    Options

I figured it was a troll thread, but since everyone else chimed in....

ah...whats a troll thread???
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    <---- :angry:
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

You ever had very bad menstrual cramps where the pain goes down to your legs and makes you where you can hardly move and the pain is so bad you're going to vomit? I assume not since you're male, try to talk of something you know of before saying its a sign of being lazy.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    what did one lesbian vampire say to another?

see you next month
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    :angry:

Lol! This is best reply in the whole thread.

Oh, except for the one about golf ball sized blood blobs falling out of you.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    not bothering to read all the replies, but have to add my two cents worth.

There are at least 3 days of every month i dare not exercise, or hardly even move for that matter... nothing to do with cramps, everything to do with making a mess, and i am not exagerating.

It is always a good thing to try to practise open-minded understanding *S*
    One never knows what issue the other person may be trying to cope with *S*
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    It's not fair for you to compare your experience with "some of the worst cramps" with other people who might really be dealing with blinding pain and can't do much but wait it out. Some people handle pain differently than others. We aren't in the military so if someone has their period and they don't feel like exercising (whether due to pain, fatigue, or whatever) its their business. And its not yours to judge.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Who is this BS guy...is he checking out my *kitten*?!?
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    :angry:

Lol! This is best reply in the whole thread.

Oh, except for the one about golf ball sized blood blobs falling out of you.

Don't say blood blobs! That's FAR too candid!
This discussion has been closed.