Oh, It's TOM so You Can't Exercise? BS!

Options

Replies

• MisssLeoo
    MisssLeoo Posts: 23
    Options
    Working out while on your TOM is great! It helps unbelievably with cramps and it makes your mood so much better. It doesn't have to be hardcore exercising, but some brisk walking will do the trick! I read somewhere long ago that the movements with help break things down and help the period move along faster and with less cramps.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps and the feeling you have during TOM...some ladies are just wimpy.
    Wimpy?
    Do you workout when you're in the bathroom with it shooting out both ends?
    I sure as hell don't
    This is so full of sex appeal :love:

Not to make light of what you go through :) Some humour is needed in here though. I think the OP is just naive and didn't really intend to be so *****y.

Hahaha I can surely take a joke. I just get irritated when women who don't get periods so bad they are physically ill think their craps ice cream because they can workout.
  • habakuktwofour
    habakuktwofour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love this. Why does the OP care? I'm also glad to hear other women who struggle with TOM. Mine is unbearable with horrible cramps and fatigue like no other. I would never presume to question whether or not someones period was bad enough to stop them from working out. Frankly I don't care because it's not my business..

quote]
    I REALLY hate when women use their period as an excuse to not do something. "I can't go biking today. I started." Really? I get some of the worst cramps, but it never stops me from doing something. SUCK IT UP and quit being such a baby. Seriously.

Rant over.

Your TOM, I guess. See? Hormones can also make people more *****y than usual so how about letting everyone do what they want and mind your own TOM?
    [/quote]
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    As someone who has to be hospitalized on a regular basis due to hemorrhaging due to my period I can honestly say working out for me leads to passing out and severe anemia as well as black outs. Also, some women have a disorder that causes their ovaries to actually flip. Although rare it can happen. Thats why Doctors tell you to avoid inverted poses while doing yoga during that time of the month.

So before you rant you might want to get your facts straight. While some women use it as an excuse, others really need to lay of the workouts.
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wow judgemental, much?? I like how some ppl think they know everything about everyone...I personally don't use it as an excuse for anything, but there are other people who have serious pain with it. So, I guess surgery, the flu, or an ear infection, toothache are not valid excuses for not excersizing either....geeshh worry about your own workout and stop spending so much time worrying about other ppls workouts. If they don't exercise, it doesn't affect your workout. Opinion over...lol
  • aprilgraciete
    aprilgraciete Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I read somewhere that a woman burns more calories right before her tom. It is an extra 100-300 calories per day. I think it is on day 26 or something of her cycle.

Interesting! Maybe that explains why many of us get really hungry right before our periods start.

No, that's your body wanting you to eat more to prepare for pregnancy.

Yeah it is. I think I read it in women's health or something. Your cravings are because of all the extra calories burned. That's why I don't deny myself what I crave lol. My body must know what it's doing "Alright, if you really think I NEED that brownie to survive I guess I'll HAVE to eat it"

lol, i wouldn't take what a women's magazine tells you as truth or an exact science.

lol, I know. I was just sharing something interesting I read, sorry. The whole brownie thing was just a joke. I'm not an idiot......usually lol. Sorry I came across as one.
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Exercise actually helps with cramps and the feeling you have during TOM...some ladies are just wimpy.

May I introduce you to the word 'endometriosis'? The disease that afflicts literally millions of women - most of whom do not even know they have it because they think it is normal to be in horrible, crippling pain every month for their entire fertile life. Look up this disease and read about it, and then come back and call women who can't work out during their periods "wimps." When you are in so much pain that you cannot even 'go' while you are sitting on the toilet because it hurts too much to push, you are changing tampons/pads every hour, you aren't finding relief from prescription painkillers, and you are dizzy from the rapid blood/tissue loss, you will understand why so many women choose to sit it out. It is completely ignorant to call any woman a 'wimp' or anything else if they don't exercise during their periods.

And women who don't even have the disease still go through similar symptoms that I listed above, but who is anybody to judge?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I feel SO sorry for any men who have read through this thread! :laugh:

Why? Oh my god, women like you, and the men for whom you feel sorry, disgust me.

Wow, really? You're going to post insulting things to me because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

OH HELL NO.

Sorry this thread about WOMEN'S BODIES wasn't ladylike enough for you. Which "words" exactly are you referring to? Vagina? Uterus? Blood clots? Because guess what.... those are REAL THINGS that women have, and it's nothing to be ashamed of or grossed out by. It's bad enough that we have to deal with this *kitten* every month, but on top of that people like you tell us we can't even blow off a little steam about it because we might offend men's gentle sensitivities.

I'm not disgusted by you, but I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that society has taught you that your body is something to be ashamed of. I'm sorry you feel that some parts of being a woman are so disgusting that we need to just keep our mouths shut about it. I'm sorry that you can't whine about these things to your husband! When I'm on TOM my boyfriend asks how I'm feeling and if he can get me anything. And if he ever acted grossed out by it, you better be sure we'd be over. I deserve someone who loves me no matter what my body does, and whether I decide to talk about it or not. And so do you.

There is nothing wrong with what is being discussed in this thread, nothing at all. Again, I think it's incredibly sad that people like you think there is. Please learn to love yourself, your body, and your gender.

I'm not ashamed of my body, and my husband probably knows more than many husbands do about their wives' cycles, because I have had health problems caused by my own cycle. I do still feel that us women should at least attempt to keep some things classy. Some of you ladies really flip out over nothing on here anymore. It's ridiculous.

Your original comment about feeling sorry for men who stumble across this thread was meant to be a light-hearted comment (my hubby, for one, would be grossed out lol). I don't know why people get so worked up over stuff! Most guys I know get grossed out by the thought of blood gushing out of a vagina. Doesn't make them wimps. Heck I hate the thought of blood gushing out of it too!

I wasn't getting worked up over the original comment. It was her next reply that I found very upsetting.

I do apologize for making presumptions about you and your husband. When you said "my husband knows I have lady parts" it made it sound as if you would never discuss those things ever. However, I still don't agree with your whole attitude of "keeping it classy." This is a thread of 99% women talking about their bodies. Any guy who reads through this is doing it by choice. We're not running around the streets shoving pictures of uteruses in their faces, are we?! That, I admit, wouldn't be very classy. But talking about every day bodily functions with others who can relate? There is NOTHING wrong with that, and yeah you upset some of us when you implied that there was. If this thread wasn't "ladylike" enough for you you didn't have to comment. Just sayin.
  • MadiRose2
    MadiRose2 Posts: 145
    Options
    I'm sorry, when I said the words "it's called being a lady" I didn't realize you weren't one and apparently don't care to be, but your disgusting language and impolite behavior have have let me know quite clearly. Please excuse me. :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I was speaking with the High Authority on Being A Lady. Nor did I realise that Being A Lady was a prerequisite for frequenting fora. Nor did I realise that using words like vagina precluded Being A Lady. All of these things that I'm learning! So I suppose I'll just go put on my apron and bake my man some cookies for when he gets back from the office? Or maybe you know of some children who need looking after? I don't have any of my own, because I don't conform to your 1950s ideal of Being A Lady, but you betcha once Mr. Husband is finished doing manly things, we'll get right on that.

Anything else you think I should be doing with my life? Maybe cleaning something? I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.

This is a thread about periods and you two have turned it into a fight to the death.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Why? Oh my god, women like you, and the men for whom you feel sorry, disgust me.

Wow, really? You're going to post insulting things to me because I feel bad for men who might have read some of the very picturesque visuals that have been posted in this thread? Yes, my husband knows i have lady parts, but I certainly wouldn't talk to him in some of the words that have been used here about it. I also don't use the restroom in front of him, either. Some things are just better done privately. It's called being a lady. More women should practice it nowadays instead of trying to be men and compete with men all the time.

OH HELL NO.

Sorry this thread about WOMEN'S BODIES wasn't ladylike enough for you. Which "words" exactly are you referring to? Vagina? Uterus? Blood clots? Because guess what.... those are REAL THINGS that women have, and it's nothing to be ashamed of or grossed out by. It's bad enough that we have to deal with this *kitten* every month, but on top of that people like you tell us we can't even blow off a little steam about it because we might offend men's gentle sensitivities.

I'm not disgusted by you, but I feel sorry for you. I'm sorry that society has taught you that your body is something to be ashamed of. I'm sorry you feel that some parts of being a woman are so disgusting that we need to just keep our mouths shut about it. I'm sorry that you can't whine about these things to your husband! When I'm on TOM my boyfriend asks how I'm feeling and if he can get me anything. And if he ever acted grossed out by it, you better be sure we'd be over. I deserve someone who loves me no matter what my body does, and whether I decide to talk about it or not. And so do you.

There is nothing wrong with what is being discussed in this thread, nothing at all. Again, I think it's incredibly sad that people like you think there is. Please learn to love yourself, your body, and your gender.

I'm not ashamed of my body, and my husband probably knows more than many husbands do about their wives' cycles, because I have had health problems caused by my own cycle. I do still feel that us women should at least attempt to keep some things classy. Some of you ladies really flip out over nothing on here anymore. It's ridiculous.

Your original comment about feeling sorry for men who stumble across this thread was meant to be a light-hearted comment (my hubby, for one, would be grossed out lol). I don't know why people get so worked up over stuff! Most guys I know get grossed out by the thought of blood gushing out of a vagina. Doesn't make them wimps. Heck I hate the thought of blood gushing out of it too!

I'm so glad that someone out there realized it was supposed to be lighthearted! lol!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Why would you be so judgey about someone else's pain tolerance?

I was thinking the same thing but you know everyone is entitled to have their own opinion...I suffer from horrible cramps its hard being at work and being in pain with your back hurting, your knees hurting, being nausous, head pounding, cold,and your stomach in knots but you have to be at work, move around deal with people when all you want to do is curl up and sleep...but I have to go to work...what I dont have to do...is go home and workout..LOL..so I dont..but that is just my opinion.:bigsmile:
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    I'm sorry, when I said the words "it's called being a lady" I didn't realize you weren't one and apparently don't care to be, but your disgusting language and impolite behavior have have let me know quite clearly. Please excuse me. :flowerforyou:

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that I was speaking with the High Authority on Being A Lady. Nor did I realise that Being A Lady was a prerequisite for frequenting fora. Nor did I realise that using words like vagina precluded Being A Lady. All of these things that I'm learning! So I suppose I'll just go put on my apron and bake my man some cookies for when he gets back from the office? Or maybe you know of some children who need looking after? I don't have any of my own, because I don't conform to your 1950s ideal of Being A Lady, but you betcha once Mr. Husband is finished doing manly things, we'll get right on that.

Anything else you think I should be doing with my life? Maybe cleaning something? I have a fair bit of education, so I might have to bang my head off some walls to get myself to the correct standard, but I wouldn't worry - after reading your comments, banging my head off things is ALL I want to do.

This is a thread about periods and you two have turned it into a fight to the death.

Yeah, this has gotten WAY out of hand. Sorry about that, everybody else.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

:noway: :huh:
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

OH HELL NO.

I wasn't getting worked up over the original comment. It was her next reply that I found very upsetting.

I do apologize for making presumptions about you and your husband. When you said "my husband knows I have lady parts" it made it sound as if you would never discuss those things ever. However, I still don't agree with your whole attitude of "keeping it classy." This is a thread of 99% women talking about their bodies. Any guy who reads through this is doing it by choice. We're not running around the streets shoving pictures of uteruses in their faces, are we?! That, I admit, wouldn't be very classy. But talking about every day bodily functions with others who can relate? There is NOTHING wrong with that, and yeah you upset some of us when you implied that there was. If this thread wasn't "ladylike" enough for you you didn't have to comment. Just sayin.

If you didn't notice, one of the posters above replied to me that if a man had opened the thread and chosen to read, it was on him, and I agreed. It was when cries of how we should be able to talk of all this crazy visual stuff whenever and wherever we want or else we are "ashamed of our bodies" came in that I replied about staying classy-so in essence, we agree. it all just started with a silly joke that someone became really offended by.
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    The OP is just saying, if you want to make excuses go ahead, just realize they're a sign of being lazy. If you want something you'll do it.

Looks like you've made quite a few. Oh, snap! :wink:
  • bumbledust
    bumbledust Posts: 22
    Options

If she had included a caveat for those who experience genuine medical problems with their monthly cycle, I wager no one would have a problem with this thread. But she left that out, and then went further to provoke/inflame those who protested.

I understand what she's saying, and what you are saying, but she doesn't seem to understand that her experience with life does not dictate what others will (and very much do) deal with.

It's both ignorant and inflammatory, and deprecating to people who suffer.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Why would you be so judgey about someone else's pain tolerance?
    This.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    OP is beyond ignorant. And why are there men in this thread?
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    Has anybody else noticed that the OP just...vanished...?

Starting to get the feeling we may have all inadvertently fed some trolls...
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    OP is beyond ignorant. And why are there men in this thread?

They confused this thread with Ladies' Night, methinks.
This discussion has been closed.