The OMG Salad

Options

Replies

• Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this......what are "baby greens"??
  • sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My favorite is romaine and spinach with a diced fuji apple, 1 T low fat blue cheese, 1 T chopped walnuts, and 1 T Newman's low fat balsalmic vinaigrette. It is absolutely wonderful and less than 200 calories. For more oomph, add chicken. Yum, yum, yum...I eat this nearly every day.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

there are bagged salad mixes at the grocery store. there are field greens, baby greens or baby lettuce. they are cleaned and ready to eat.

I love the baby greens as they are the tender little leaves and you dont even have to cut them up!!

Mmmmmmm:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    Options

there are bagged salad mixes at the grocery store. there are field greens, baby greens or baby lettuce. they are cleaned and ready to eat.

I love the baby greens as they are the tender little leaves and you dont even have to cut them up!!

lettuce_bag2.gif
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Healthy taco salad!!! (I had a similar salad for lunch today!)

Spinach & romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, broccoli, shredded carrots, any veggie really!
    3 oz grilled chicken breast
    1/2 c. black beans
    Fresh salsa, hot sauce, sliced avocado

Or another fav salad:
    Spinach & romaine, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, broccoli, shredded carrots, again lots of veggies
    3 oz grilled chicken breast or chopped lean ham
    Boiled egg, 1 T. sunflower seeds
    Vinaigrette (balsamic w/ olive oil)

(both pretty low in cals but higher in protein and very filling!)
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options

lettuce_bag2.gif

Thank you so much for the photo!!! I'll have to see if I can find something similar :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I wanted to bump this for the weekend! Anyone else with an OMG salad they would like to share? I am going shopping for ingredients to make one or two listed above!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Honestly, one of my fav ways to eat salad it to take a bunch of greens and dump them on a slice of pizza with some balsamic vinegar! You don't add oil because it is already on the pizza and you get the taste of the pizza with the bonus of a salad! You must eat this with a fork and knife, no picking up and folding this slice...

I also really love
    baby greens & extra spinach
    small can of tuna
    fresh dill
    chopped tomato
    spritz of homemade balsamic vinegrette
    tossed and chopped

another one is
    shrimp
    avocado
    peach/mango salsa

Mary
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Honestly, one of my fav ways to eat salad it to take a bunch of greens and dump them on a slice of pizza with some balsamic vinegar! You don't add oil because it is already on the pizza and you get the taste of the pizza with the bonus of a salad! You must eat this with a fork and knife, no picking up and folding this slice...

I also really love
    small can of tuna
    fresh dill
    chopped tomato
    spritz of homemade balsamic vinegrette
    tossed and chopped

another one is
    shrimp
    avocado
    peach/mango salsa

Mary

Mmmm :flowerforyou:
  • mumoftwo
    Options
    Some of these just sound amazing!!
  • Veronica320
    Options
    Bump....I love salad
  • joanewright
    Options
    bump
  • joanewright
    Options
    bump
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    How come no one told me how delicious Newman's Own dressings are? I just bought the Parmesan & Roasted Garlic dressing, and it's amazing.

Last night's salad:

Oven roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast coated with a bit of xtra crispy shake & bake
    Dole American Blend salad greens/ veggies
    A bit of shredded cheddar
    A wee bit of meatless bacon bits & Club House salad fixings
    A few garlic & butter croutons
    Newman's Own Parmesan & Roasted Garlic dressing

Literally the best salad I've ever had. Nothing fancy, but so delicious.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    just plain iceberg is good with tomato onions celery and carrot topped with a slice of ham and cheese
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    waffles
    I agree !!! :smile: Waffles were my dinner tonight. :smile: Nutrigrain whole wheat- yummo..... :smile:
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I am going to save this to favorites for ideas this week. All of these sound great!

My homemade Italian Dressing is simply olive oil, red wine vinegar, splash of balsamic vinegar, garlic power and onion powder if I am too lazy to get out the food processer, italian seasonings.

If I have fresh basil I will chop some up.

I am glad I am full or I would have to go make a salad right now!!

And for Brenda I will find an icecream salad recipe:laugh:

Now we need a thread for homemade salad dressings! The store bought all have way too much sugar imo... even the light, it's crazy the crap they put in foods.

A friend on here challenged me to read the labels of everything to see if sugar/hfcs was on the label.

I will see this week!

DO IT DO IT DO IT.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS a few days ago, and was advised to cut out all HFCS from my diet.
    It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done.
    I challenge you too, LOL.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am going to save this to favorites for ideas this week. All of these sound great!

My homemade Italian Dressing is simply olive oil, red wine vinegar, splash of balsamic vinegar, garlic power and onion powder if I am too lazy to get out the food processer, italian seasonings.

If I have fresh basil I will chop some up.

I am glad I am full or I would have to go make a salad right now!!

And for Brenda I will find an icecream salad recipe:laugh:

Now we need a thread for homemade salad dressings! The store bought all have way too much sugar imo... even the light, it's crazy the crap they put in foods.

A friend on here challenged me to read the labels of everything to see if sugar/hfcs was on the label.

I will see this week!

DO IT DO IT DO IT.
    I was diagnosed with PCOS a few days ago, and was advised to cut out all HFCS from my diet.
    It's probably the hardest thing I've ever done.
    I challenge you too, LOL.

One thing is for sure...........if you read all the labels it takes you 2 hours to shop for 10 bags of groceries!!:laugh:

I did find a bread with 5 ingredients and it is sweetened with honey. It is heavy and 1 pc will do...but bread is my nemesis and this one is as close to perfect as it can get.

I hope PCOS doesnt hurt...and the HFSC removal will cure you!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    waffles
    I agree !!! :smile: Waffles were my dinner tonight. :smile: Nutrigrain whole wheat- yummo..... :smile:

I have never had waffle salad:huh:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    How come no one told me how delicious Newman's Own dressings are? I just bought the Parmesan & Roasted Garlic dressing, and it's amazing.

Last night's salad:

Oven roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast coated with a bit of xtra crispy shake & bake
    Dole American Blend salad greens/ veggies
    A bit of shredded cheddar
    A wee bit of meatless bacon bits & Club House salad fixings
    A few garlic & butter croutons
    Newman's Own Parmesan & Roasted Garlic dressing

Literally the best salad I've ever had. Nothing fancy, but so delicious.

oooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa an OMG salad for sure!!! :smokin: