what kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    We had to put our black lab down last year and I can tell you without 100% doubt most amazing dog/breed in the WORLD! Sweet, smart, faithful, full of personality. Hell he was PERFECT. We have a chihuahua now. Hes our little lovemonkey. Total spaz, a bit slutty (he takes after me) and he'll go with anyone that gives him attention. MUCH harder to train, but hes a great lil buddy. However, Boy our lab.....he truly was an angel of a dog!
  • Tahlialala
    Options
    I have 2 crazy energetic kelpies...one kelpie x bitzer male, who's about 7 months old and one kelpie x border collie female who's about 9 weeks old. I love them to bits, best dogs ever!
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Bullmastiff and Daniff (Great Dane/English Mastiff)

:love: I'd love to see a pic of the Daniff! Never seen one. Just how big is it?

Hubbie has always had/liked big dogs. We have 3 now, #4 died:

1) Alabama Black Mouth Cur, 90 lbs.; a velcro dog; a gregarious, playful, goofball; sweetest and youngest of the 3.
    2) Rottweiler/Chow mix, 60 lbs.; gorgeous fur; the best watchdog; smart; acts like a cat--always licking/nurturing the others.
    3) Lab/Treeing Walker Coonhound mix, 65 lbs.; Atilla the Hun and Napolean in a dog's body--he's the self-appointed alpha dog; has OCD just a bit; very protective; this dog actually thinks ahead and plots against the others; he doesn't climb trees, but his mother and sisters do.
    4) Rottweiler/Lab mix, 140 lbs.; lab temperament and build; rottweiler markings; huge chest; extremely well trained both to voice and hand commands; very protective, especially of me. I miss him.
  • jstraug1
    jstraug1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have an 11 year old 9 lb wire hair dachshund, named Donna, and a 3 year old 90 lb pit-bull/lab mix, named Red.

Guess who's the boss :)

Can anyone tell me how to post a pic from iphoto or photostream within a reply? I was trying to post a cute pic of them. Thanks.
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    I have a Service Dog ...Her name is Dakota she was a rescue and I have had her for 6 years. She weighs 95 lbs and is a rottweiler.....people can not believe her manners and friendliness, they also say she has the most animated faces they have ever seen, of course I talk to her all day as if she is human and she completely understands me...she is my snuggle bum at bed time, my best friend all day, and my balance when walking, she is my landing pad when I fall, and goes and gets neighbors when I need them or walks me to them when I go blind she is also mommy to the kitten we rescued a year ago.
    I have had 14 different types of dog and 12 cats among other animals all of which lived to 15 yrs at least AND SHE IS THE BEST FRIEND & dog I have ever had , I wish everyone could meet her!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=241780325910349&set=a.241741205914261.59538.100002351507228&type=3&theater
  • kdulier
    kdulier Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i have a 8 y/o male Boxer named Petey and a 3 y/o female Boston terrior named Juliet. They are both HYPER, guess they are a match made in heaven.
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have senior citizens. My dachshund, Booboo, turned 11 last week. My boykin/border collie mix Bunny is 9, and her dad, who is a Boykin Spaniel, is somewhere between 13-15. My beloved Great Dane died last year of cancer, two months short of her 9th birthday.

Old dogs are such a blessing, but they're not around long enough.
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I have two basset hounds (Amos and Opie) and a border collie (Abby).........poor Abby is going insane having to live with two dogs on the much lower end of intelligence!!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    10 year old SUPER active and fit black lab/pitbull mix named Techno!
  • Kara_xxx
    Options
    Funny how some breeds can be so popular in one country yet banned in another. I'm so against breed-specific legislation - it makes no sense.

For instance here (on this thread and in the US generally) there are many Pit lovers... but in the UK they are a banned breed and if they come into shelters will be "typed" (identified by a typing offer as a breed banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act and put to sleep. EVEN if they are only a Pit cross-breed like a Pit-Lab mix etc. It's crazy. ANY dog can be dangerous if you don't train them right. :grumble:
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    I whole-heartedly agree! My six year old daughter and I wouldn't know what to do if they were banned in the U.S. I don't know how I'd tell her that her that we couldn't have sweet Lucy anymore, a furry family member that she has loved since she was 2! Our pits have never shown us anything but love and affection!
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My Schnoodle (below) a cross between a Toy Poodle and a Miniature Schnauser....a ball of energy that sometimes thinks it's a cat and sleeps on your lap :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I have a pure bred German Shepard. He adopted us back in March (some a-hole abandoned him at the end of our road :explode: )

He is a spastic, lovey dog. I'm not sure how old he is. The vet said between 2 and 3 -- mainly because his teeth were ground down from chewing rocks so he "looks" older -- however because of his hyper activeness I'd say he's probably a bit younger than that. All he wants is to be petted and to play. When I'm in the office working he'll bring all his toys in and put his chin on my leg and look at me all pathetic and mournful with the toy in his mouth. He's such a sweetie. :heart:
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Funny how some breeds can be so popular in one country yet banned in another. I'm so against breed-specific legislation - it makes no sense.

For instance here (on this thread and in the US generally) there are many Pit lovers... but in the UK they are a banned breed and if they come into shelters will be "typed" (identified by a typing offer as a breed banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act and put to sleep. EVEN if they are only a Pit cross-breed like a Pit-Lab mix etc. It's crazy. ANY dog can be dangerous if you don't train them right. :grumble:

My breed is also harassed... Rotties are very stubborn but are the sweetest dogs ever :):) I did rescue for years and have only come across a few sketchy ones.
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I have a Service Dog ...Her name is Dakota she was a rescue and I have had her for 6 years. She weighs 95 lbs and is a rottweiler.....people can not believe her manners and friendliness, they also say she has the most animated faces they have ever seen, of course I talk to her all day as if she is human and she completely understands me...she is my snuggle bum at bed time, my best friend all day, and my balance when walking, she is my landing pad when I fall, and goes and gets neighbors when I need them or walks me to them when I go blind she is also mommy to the kitten we rescued a year ago.
    I have had 14 different types of dog and 12 cats among other animals all of which lived to 15 yrs at least AND SHE IS THE BEST FRIEND & dog I have ever had , I wish everyone could meet her!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=241780325910349&set=a.241741205914261.59538.100002351507228&type=3&theater

Awe, she is beautiful! I love rotties... have had them for years - the ARE human - you are absolutely correct :):)
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have 2 Boxers. They are hyper but are such great dogs. My female is named Jasmine and we call her Jazzy for short. She is fawn and on the smaller side. She is my big baby. I got her for Christmas and she was the best present ever. She is 9.

Then there is Leroy... He is a rescue all white boxer. He is the biggest teddy bear ever. He was super skinny when I rescued him but then I guess decided he loved his new life with us and packed on the weight. He really needs to go on a diet. Everyone thinks since he is white he would be deaf but he's not.

I wouldn't trade them in for anything! I'm a big animal lover.
  • Kara_xxx
    Options
    24183757_8542.jpg

another one of my munchkin. :bigsmile:
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    4243_1138372986529_7619338_n.jpg

Trying to figure out how to post a picture, I've read the instructions over and over, guess I can't figure it out
  • NataschaMarie333
    NataschaMarie333 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Siberian Husky<3

She's my little energetic sassy angel!
  • AbbeyRysMom
    AbbeyRysMom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Manchester Terrier, named Rusty - hes like 3 ish. good boy, hyper and looks like a middle size between a Doberman and a min pin. Bout 30lbs. He jumps on people, but thats probably bc we never have anyone but us in the house, lol.