what kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I HAVE FOUR!!!! =D =D =D

My eldest is an 8 year old terripoo named Tugs. She is my old, grumpy b*tch. I was never a fan of terriers, but she came with my fiance, lol. I LOVE my big mutts, but she's (figuratively) grown on me in the past few years. She came to me with serious food aggression, people possessiveness (I couldn't hug my fiance without a growl), and a generalized fear aggression. She had no confidence whatsoever. Oh, and her walking was HORRIBLE!!!!

Now, three years later and through lots of trial and error, she's still got some attitude, but in general she's a much happier dog. And, okay, I love my step-furbaby, lol.

DSC03143.jpg

My second dog is Kira. She's a 6 year old border collie. She's my first rescue - timid and nervous (especially around men and children) but she is my wizz kid. SO! FREAKING! SMART! And she's a cuddle bug. Will do anything for snuggles.

Her 'thing' is at night - when we go to bed, she's on the floor. We NEVER hear her or feel her when she gets on the bed in the middle of the night, but somehow, she shows up snuggled between us in bed. =P

My pretty lady:

DSC04158.jpg

And my pride and joy (don't tell them I have favorites...) is my 2 year old German Shepherd named Bear. He literally showed up on my doorstep as a 6 week old puppy and decided he didn't want to leave. I also didn't have a humane society in the area at the time, so we kept him. Two and a half years later, he is the kindest, gentlest giant that I have ever met. My nieces can grab his collar and 'drag' him around the house, and he's perfectly content with it. I do dog safety presentations at schools, and I bring him with me...once, when I wasn't looking, a three year old walked over to him and was literally pulling on his tail, his ears, putting his hand down Bear's throat...and Bear did NOTHING. He was completely okay with it.

My baby Bear:

DSC03965.jpg

Aaand finally, the newest addition to my little family: STETSON!

We picked him up from the humane society, and at this exact moment, he is doing laps up and down my hallway. This little ball of energy is about four months old (on August 11th he'll be 4 months), and he has so much piss and vinegar in him that my dog training skills are definitely being put to the test. He's not a cuddler, and would rather be chasing a ball than sitting on the couch for any extended period of time, but I think he's the perfect addition to our little family.

Stetson.jpg
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Male and Female Beauceron... They were meant to be bred, but we decided against it. Recently rescued a Husky Sheltie mix...
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    Two SPOILED ROTTEN batdogs. That would be, Chihuahuas.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Female doberman pinscher. 18 months old. Her name is Sasha Fierce which is the name of Beyonce's alter ego. Mad love for all dogs but love me a dobie!!!!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have two Shelties (Shetland Sheepdogs)... They are insane!

I've got a sheltie and a rough collie- I think we lucked out though with our pair! I've been told my boy is one of the most laid back sheltie's most people have ever met, and my rough collie is just a big, clumsy gentle oaf most of the time.

Pixel (sheltie) is my profile picture. I'll have to upload a picture of Eira at some point.
  • EBakkenPacificNW
    Options
    Lhasa poodle mixture. A rescue who had to be shaved to literally find her under the mats. So this is only 2 months worth of hair. She is a darling. can't figure out how to post a pic yet. Still a newbie
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Huge yellow labrador that sheds ALL year. Vacuuming every 2 days is a must >< Unfortunately cant get the vacuum near him, would make life easier if he wasnt a scaredy cat lol. Could just vacuum him.

When I get my own place I would like to have a small hypoallergenic/nonshedding dog. Any suggestions? Anyone have a havanese?

Talk to breeders, humane society behaviorists, and do your own research before going after a breed. Don't go by heresay - make sure that the breed will fit with your lifestyle. My mother in law went by heresay (OMG YOU NEED TO GET 'THIS' BREED IT IS LE AWESOME!) and ended up with a high energy breed. Wouldn't listen to me when I told her she shouldn't get a terrier because of their energy levels, but hey, lol, live and learn. If you get a dog whose energy is much higher than your own, you're going to have a hard time with it. You want a dog whose energy is the same level as yours or less (unless you're outdoorsy, then a high-energy dog might work best for you on those long hikes).
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yorkshire Terrier 4-1/2 years; pitbull-terrier mix 1 SWEETEST DOG; catahoula leopard 8 months -- All girls :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • VinoFonseca
    VinoFonseca Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fonseca, a 'rescued' German shepherd dog. That's her picture. Some nasty person broke her nose. She's the wimpiest GSD ever and right now she has helped herself to the bed and is taking an afternoon nap. Fonseca is a type of vintage port. My hubby is a wine geek :)
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have two rat terrier mix's that have been with me for 10yrs. Kallie... The older of the two is over weight, and is so sweet. Laying with me, and following me everywhere. Sissy is much smaller and is more of a loner. She comes to me when she wants love, but loves to sleep on a pillow by herself.

Then there is Sugar. A 65 pound pitbull that thinks she is a small lap dog, and is very hyper. She will be 8 months old on the 8th. She is my walking partner, and my ALARM....lol Always waking me up, because she thinks it is time to go already. Sleeping on the bathroom floor while I am getting dressed or showering so I don't leave without her. :)
  • susiebear29
    Options
    Female doberman pinscher. 18 months old. Her name is Sasha Fierce which is the name of Beyonce's alter ego. Mad love for all dogs but love me a dobie!!!!

Same here!! Our family dog is a chocolate brown Dobie ***** called Bluebell!! she is beautiful and very affectionate but also very clumsy and a bit stupid!!! love her to bits though!!!! :smile:
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Boxers - 2 of them.
  • momofthreesons
    momofthreesons Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    A yorkie and a minischnauzer.. they are my walking buddies :-)
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    12 pounder Pomeranian mix - rescue mental case and 70 pound Bouvier - from a breeder. She's mental as well...before that I had mentally ill pit bulls lol.... Weird..... What can I say... I can't pick a normal dog.... :) love them very much tho
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have a Puggle (Pug & Beagle) named Teague (pronounced Teeg). He acts 99% beagle and 1% Pug. This picture was when he was a little younger, but he still pretty much looks the same.

teague.jpg

He is so cute!
  • nevergiveup92
    Options
    I have a 19 month old Border Collie/Red Heeler named Kooma :) Definitely rambunctious and super hyper but he's my baby :) I would like to get a Doberman or Rottie when we move in to a bigger place.

IMG1222.jpg
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    Jenn09870 your dog is ridiculously cute.
    First time posting pictures so might take me a couple of times! :laugh:
    I have an Alfie:

089.jpg

I responded to an advert for a 12 week old Yorkie. When I go there he obviously wasn't- you can't tell from the picture but he's taller than a pug, but much longer like a dauchshand. And he was barely a puppy. But the home obviously wasn't the best and I didn't want to leave him there, so my mum forked over the £70 and we left. They swore his purebreed Yorkie credentials all the way out of the door...
    We've had him about 2 years and have had a lot of agression issues, which we (finally!) seem to be sucessfully training out.

ETA: Edited about 7 times and finally got there with the picture!
  • JaniseNikolic
    JaniseNikolic Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have two...a black lab/austrian shepherd/husky cross who is twelve years old named Zoey. And we have a crazy one year old purebreed silver lab named Daisy who keeps everyone on their toes!
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had a short hair, "deer" chihuahua named Peanut. We had to put her down on April 28. She was nearly 15 years old. I still miss her to pieces. :(

Here's a pic (she was about 13 years old here):

4293_511784593195_3236458_n.jpg
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old, 6-lb adorable little papillion. Her name is Misty and I love coming home to her after work...she just lights up my day!