Healthy waist size - how do you measure up?

Options

Replies

• kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I was going to say I think the guys measurements are off...then again my city made the top obesity list for the US...oops

I'm 27.5" and just shy of 5'5"
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    31 inches uncorseted, 28 inches in corset (as of last wear... I decided to get my waist down to 30 before wearing it long term, I was worried about busting it even though it was made for such applications). Goal is 18 inches.
  • wearealladdicts
    wearealladdicts Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    27 at the moment but I hope to get it 24 and lower soon enough
    I'm 5'2
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Natural waist 27.75 as of saturday. My hips, where my pants actually sit, 37.5. I'm 5'7.
  • Lesley2901
    Lesley2901 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    26.5 inches, round the waist is one the first areas I lose fat (typical pear shape)
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    when I joined MFP my waist was 34"

Now it's 27.5"

My goal is to be under 27"

I think if I had all of the fat sucked out from my belly, i *might* be a 25.5 or 26. I wish I could be the dream 36/24/36...but at a 24" waist, I'd have to lose precious muscle!!!

I am 5'4"
    130lbs
    I squat 165, Deadlift 145!
  • Scalesareforthefishes
    Scalesareforthefishes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My waist: 23
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Wow... very interesting. 5'7", 27 inch waist NOW. I was around a 33 when I started.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    okay so my 'waist' size is about 28 inches.

but my WAIST SIZE is like 35-36....

wtf is that?

almost a 10 inch difference. this is very disappointing to me.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    A healthy man's waist is 37"!? wtf!? I'll admit I'm pretty big right now, but during my fittest years, a 36" pant waist was loose on me! I can't believe that 37" is considered "healthy."

The best way to judge how "waist health" is the ratio of the size of your waist (about an inch below your belly button) to your hips (at the widest part). Your hips should be a fair amount smaller than your butt. If it isn't, you need to do something about it. If it is, regardless of how big your *kitten* is, you're not in nearly as much danger as no vital organs around down there. :P
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I have always heard for an adult male your waist should be half your height, or less. I am 5'8" (68in tall) so my waist needs to be, 34in (or smaller). Currently it is 35in. OHHH NOOOOES!
  • CaseyAllyssa
    CaseyAllyssa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm at 25" right now, but my goal is to get down to 24". I figure that one inch is just extra, unnecessary stuff that I can afford to lose, and or, tighten up.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    33" waist measured this morning. I'm 6'2 and it was down from a 42" waist..
  • LittleButMightyOne
    Options
    I'm 5'4" with a 27" waist. I want a 22-23 in. waist. I'm getting there, slowly but surely!
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Mine is 31, used to be 33. I'm 5'2. It's too big for me, at my height I'd like to be 28, maybe even 26 someday.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I am 30inches right now I think...or at least my last measurement was.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    77 cm/ 30.3 inches - yay for a tape measure at work (plus side of working at fitness studio!) I'd like to get down to around 70cm or around 27.5 inches.
  • hannahpage1991
    hannahpage1991 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 28"... not sure in cm. I'm 5'6" so I'm doing well :) I am currently 9 stone 11 and my goal is about 9 stone :)
  • justrun52
    justrun52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My waist is 23" in the morning when I wake up and usually 24" when I go to bed at the end of the day. My waist has always been one of my better features, it's usually one of the last places I gain weight.
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    29'' waist at 6'0...shoulders are 50''. I like my proportions!