I need to vent this!!

Options

Replies

• mchull
    mchull Posts: 10
    Options
    Everyone is going off about this girl... but what is happening HERE? We are all discussing what SHE posted, in HER own feed, if she didn't name you personally then it is just HER vent. If she gave your name, then it's about YOU, otherwise it's a girl that spouted some stuff she didn't necessarily agree with. Your opinion of her can be shaped by it for sure... but people post stuff on sites so they don't have to tell the person face to face that they don't agree, or whatever and face the consequences of that. Kind of like how this was posted on a site that she may not see instead of you telling her what you thought of it... two sides of every coin.

And then I read the other posts... guess I'm parot-ing what several others thought too. :huh:

I am sorry her actions/comments hurt you that way. You mentioned she was a temporary employee and seemed to not be fitting in very well. It seems to me the kind of personal information you gave her was not in line with the level of trust you would normally impart to someone you described as "temporary" and not fitting in well. For me, I would not fret about things I don't have control over (someone elses behavior/actions) and instead be attentive to my actions and what I could have done to prevent this. It might be easier to blame/be angry with her, but ultimately YOU had control of this. Learn from it and move on.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I guess my question would be when you say "temporary", is she a temp? Or is she working there from another office location? If she's a temp, be upfront and honest with your boss and they should get rid of her. No good manager wants to create a toxic environment for their team.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    That girl who said those horrible things about you is a child (well, she acts like one anyways). Everything you trusted her with shouldn't have been spread all over twitter like that. I have suffered an eating disorder 6 years ago and never told anyone except family and my husband. I don't trust people easily about personal things. I suggest to ignore her at work (avoiding her and the silent treatment) and don't have anything to do with her. I know it's easier said than done.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I feel that if the OP has a lesson to learn, then so does this trashy little girl 'venting' about co-workers on the internet. There should be some serious reprecussions. She needs to learn about professional courtesy!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Comment on her tweet, "Nice Tweet! Guess I won't be confiding in you anymore!"
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    We'll posse up! Where's this ***** live????

That was my first thought too!

Ugh, I just can't understand how people can be so mean spirited and spiteful like that! Honestly though, if it were me, I wouldn't want to waste my own time with her. I would go to HR and let them deal with her...and never talk to her again. So sorry you have to deal with that!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Comment on her tweet, "Nice Tweet! Guess I won't be confiding in you anymore!"

:laugh:
  • leilamarchi
    Options
    Confront her and don't speak to her about anything outside of business. Also, if you're so inclined, take it to HR. They should do something about it.

^^This.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    So to retaliate for her talking trash about you on twitter, you're going to talk trash about her on MFP.... :huh:

What you've done is probably no different than what she did. Did she name you by name? Do any of her Twitter friends know you personally?
    She was probably just venting her feelings the same way you are now. Would she be offended if she pulled up your MFP account?

Pot, meet Kettle.

Are you serious? Let's get a little perspective here.

The OP isn't sharing personal stuff with us about the girl like her eating disorder nor is she criticizing or condemning the girl for it. That type of reckless behavior can have a damaging impact on someone who is struggling mentally and emotionally with their relationship with food. Tweeting her feelings about the OP's eating disorder (coincidentally she really isn't even entitled to have an opinion on that) constitutes as cyberbullying giving the potential harm that it could have caused. I'm glad the OP has MFP as a support system. Maybe venting here kept her from binging and purging.

I have plenty of perspective...
    The OP had already been criticizing and condemning said girl, why else would she be snooping through the girls twitter posts?

I agree, it can have a damaging impact on someone struggling - but don't you think said girl is struggling mentally and emotionally if nobody likes her and she has people snooping through her stuff?

Seriously:
    1. Neither party named the other specifically.
    2. Both parties said something about the other they wouldn't say to the others face.
    3. The tweeter would be offended if she found a post about her by snooping in the OP's feeds.
    4. Both parties would ASSUME the other's post is about them. But there's no real proof.

Moral of the story - don't snoop through other people's personal websites/blogs/feeds if you're going to throw a fit about what you find.
    She could have just said it to your face, but she chose to express herself in a way that didn't personally hurt you. Well until you snooped.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm a little passive aggressive in that kind of situation. But what I would do is print out her Twitter feed and just put it on her desk when she is not around. She will have no clue who did it but she will know the whole office has seen it.
    Funny, but I think this bring her down to her level and create much unwanted drama.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    what is her twitter user name? I would love to see what this girl has to say.

ha!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Options
    @ almostthirty.......how does one snoop through twitter posts? Unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for the world to see. It's really weird how that works.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    i'd bring this to the attention of your HR dept because this is completely out of line and shows a huge lack of professionalism.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options
    @ almostthirty.......how does one snoop through twitter posts? Unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for the world to see. It's really weird how that works.

Yes you're right. It is out there to see, much like this public forum. BUT to find a specific post, you would have to have the person's username. If it's not something she's given out (which I doubt she would post things about people she's given her screennames to) then it would have to be obtained by snooping, or stalking, or creeping or whatever phrase you want to call it. It's sneaky.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I would never tell colleagues - especially temp workers - about serious personal issues: thats what close friends and counsellors are for. I agree her behaviour was immature and hurtful but you have to take some of the responsibility for what's happened too.
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It's against the law in UK to publicly humiliate someone under harrassment and bullying laws. Depends where you are. Specifically if she's talking about work you might want to notify the firms hr dept if there is one - she's on seriously dodgy ground if she's mentioned the company she works for.. brand image and all that.
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Psh I'd say nice twitter, I didn't know you had one :) and turn around and smile, let her take a good look of your fab a**!!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Options

Yes you're right. It is out there to see, much like this public forum. BUT to find a specific post, you would have to have the person's username. If it's not something she's given out (which I doubt she would post things about people she's given her screennames to) then it would have to be obtained by snooping, or stalking, or creeping or whatever phrase you want to call it. It's sneaky.

All I can say is unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for anyone and everyone to see; no snooping, stalking, or creeping required.
  • SamanthaD23
    SamanthaD23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Actually having read all the posts here I think the most power to you will come from just shutting her off - be friendly but don't tell her anything personal (vocab: "fine thanks", "sure do", "not sure you'd better ask..." and "no" - should do it !!!)

Since she's a TEMP you have the power anyway, and she's THAT small for *****ing about someone who's been friendly enough to be personal - to a TEMP.

She doesn't deserve the attention, keep the power and just imagine she'll be scraped off soon enough.. I've worked with some tremendous psychos before, don't sweat it.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    Options

All I can say is unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for anyone and everyone to see; no snooping, stalking, or creeping required.

Not snooping? How do you find someone's twitter feed without them giving you the user name, or searching by some personal information to locate her?

You can't just wiggle your nose and make someone's feed appear on your screen, You have to go looking for it. ie: snooping.