I need to vent this!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    @ almostthirty.......how does one snoop through twitter posts? Unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for the world to see. It's really weird how that works.

Yes you're right. It is out there to see, much like this public forum. BUT to find a specific post, you would have to have the person's username. If it's not something she's given out (which I doubt she would post things about people she's given her screennames to) then it would have to be obtained by snooping, or stalking, or creeping or whatever phrase you want to call it. It's sneaky.

All I can say is unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for anyone and everyone to see; no snooping, stalking, or creeping required.

Not snooping? How do you find someone's twitter feed without them giving you the user name, or searching by some personal information to locate her?

You can't just wiggle your nose and make someone's feed appear on your screen, You have to go looking for it. ie: snooping.

Humm, maybe when you are almost 40 your reading comprehension skills will be better and see that it was her co worker that brought up her twitter feed.

All you pot meet kettle people, bite me. :bigsmile:
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    @ almostthirty.......how does one snoop through twitter posts? Unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for the world to see. It's really weird how that works.

Yes you're right. It is out there to see, much like this public forum. BUT to find a specific post, you would have to have the person's username. If it's not something she's given out (which I doubt she would post things about people she's given her screennames to) then it would have to be obtained by snooping, or stalking, or creeping or whatever phrase you want to call it. It's sneaky.

All I can say is unless their tweets are protected, they're out there for anyone and everyone to see; no snooping, stalking, or creeping required.

Not snooping? How do you find someone's twitter feed without them giving you the user name, or searching by some personal information to locate her?

You can't just wiggle your nose and make someone's feed appear on your screen, You have to go looking for it. ie: snooping.

Humm, maybe when you are almost 40 your reading comprehension skills will be better and see that it was her co worker that brought up her twitter feed.

All you pot meet kettle people, bite me. :bigsmile:

*eyeroll* Great Comeback... :huh: way to personally attack someone!

Okay, so the coworker brought up the feed.. big deal, OP still willingly read it. I'm just pointing out that they commited the same crime - anonymously posting about each other on social media, so lets all burn the tweeter on a stake cause she isn't using 'OUR' chosen social media?? *smh
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    LMAO, This is so silly. This woman is in pain, came here to vent and now is getting blamed and put on trial herself. Nice people, real nice.
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Did ya get a screenshot of the page? If not, get one and print it out so you have evidence in case she tries to delete it later and deny that she never said it in the first place. I don't know. What if she tries to report you for discussing her here? If you confront her about it, then she'd be like, "OMG you're stalking my feed!" So I don't know what to do about it. >.>

She should be smart enough to not post a public feed if she doesn't want certain people to read it.

Ok a few things. One..still..usihg these sites for personal use during office hours is usually against compny policy. Posting work or personal things about coworkers in a way where many would know who you are talking about may also be against a policy. I've seen this happen numerous times at diff companies and what she did isn't right from more views than just a moral. I would agree that since the OP doesn't want the drama, I would def print out the feed, write "are you serious?" on it and leave it in her desk. Once she sees people are seeing how she talks about her coworkers, she may think twice.

And this pot meet kettle argument is silly.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Do not confront her. Report her to Human Resources. They have to follow up on every complaint and investigate it. She's going to feel more pain when she's confronted with the HR Director and the possibility of losing her job.

--Trust me on this one. This is a subject I live and breathe DAILY.
  • jasonr1442
    jasonr1442 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to slap a ho....
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that is the number 1 reason she is a "temoryary" worker rather than a permanent one. Also, most companies have rules about using social network sites on company time. Bring it to HR BUT do NOT get emotional in the HR persons office. Make your complaint a professional and business complaint. Set an example for the rest of them. I'm so sorry she kicked you while you were feeling down, that is so not fair and is just plain mean of her.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Dear DRD, I s this girl a "hollywood type" I mean is she really hot? is she miss perfect? I'm sure not. Why do you even bother yourself about her? Chances are whoever she is tweeting to, knows her and how she is a *****! Get on with your life and laugh at her! Like her opinion on anything matter, anyway!!

Basil