Ladies! Do you gain weight during your period?

Options

Replies

• Randifore
    Randifore Posts: 1
    Options
    So I was down 8lbs a couple days ago,I started my period today and now I'm up 1lb. I have been exercising, eating right and everything. Just never imagined my period could make me gain weight. Btw I would love to have someone motivation on my fitness pal page, feel free to add me. Randifore
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    No period anymore, but would gain weight the week before then lose it during.
  • terra819
    terra819 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah so was wondering today why for the first time in 3 weeks I just couldn't say no to a handful of chips this morning :( and then I realized, yep its right around the corner. I hope I can do good this week, this is my first one while on mfp, I hope I can tough it out.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Nope. I lose about 3 - 5 lbs.
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Gain before and pouff. Have lost during.
  • chantels1
    chantels1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So glad that I am not the only one disappointed by this weeks weigh in (it wasn't bad, but not what I was expecting!) Now I have hope that next week will be better and you guys confirmed my suspicions that it could just be my period! ;-)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed anything different during shark week... maybe a few more cravings than usual? Weight loss has still been steady *knock on wood*
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm usually up 5+ pounds early in the week, but drop back down to my original weight by the end/middle. I usually end up losing a few too.

This...I usually only gain 3 or 4, but always lose it plus a little extra at the end!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Always...about a week before I start to gain anywhere from 4lbs-6lbs. Then it magically disappears!:happy:
  • otalip
    otalip Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I have a tendency to gain weight during my menstrual cycle. Now that I am using this program and documenting every single thing I eat I am realizing my sodium is very very high. I have only lost .8 ounces in a week but am expecting my period any day now. So now that I have this wonderful diary information about myself I am going to watch my sodium levels and hopefully this will change my horrible cycle of losing weight for three weeks and gaining it all back in one. :) best wishes
  • animated153
    Options
    I have been doing MFP for 4 weeks now and I weighed myself on Monday and was happy 4 lbs down again! So this morning I get up and I know I've worked hard this week and stuck to my diet and I feel great but I step on the scales and I'm up 3lbs ????????????????????????
    I then realise I'm due my period next week and thanks to all you ladies for your replies to this I'm now hoping that's all it is and ill lose the weight after its over. No weigh in for me this Monday!!!
  • skillman29
    Options
    Last week I hit a milestone in my weight loss then my TOM came up and I put on 9lbs and then lost 2lbs the second day. My diet and exercise was on point but I feel the tiredness and I feel the looseness in my clothes so I know I'm still on track just have to get through the week and not look at the scale ????
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sure do! Most of it is bloating water weight; I don't even have to step on the scale to know, I can see it and feel it! My waistband fits a little more snugly. Good to be conscious of it, however, so you don't think that you're suddenly "failing!"
  • torisiegel
    Options
    I usually gain about 3 pounds - lots of bloating, and also I tend to crave more unhealthy foods. If I can survive the massive cravings for chipotle burritos and reeses peanut butter cups, my weight is back down 1-2 days after my period ends.

Same for me!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Always! It's great being a female :smile:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I used to gain 5-8 at my TOM, but the lower my BF% has gotten, the less I fluctuate each month. I also tend to lose weight the week afterwards (after the bloat has gone), and this is usually my only significant loss during the whole month. Weird. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I eat pretty close to maintenance now, and usually at or over maintentance during my TOM. I usually have no cravings the other three weeks, and I've finally learned to listen to my body, so if I'm extra hungry, I'll eat. (And I actually reset my goals to maintenance for that week, so I don't have to see that nasty red number if I need that extra sandwich! LOL)
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    1 pound... oh that would be lovely. 2 weeks before I get my period I can gain anywhere from 5 - 12 pounds. Sometimes it sticks... sometimes it doesn't. This month is actually the first month I have lost anything during my period.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I don't notice any significant weight gain at TOM. i used to fluctuate more, not sure what is different other than I'm not as heavy.
  • Tinkerbell1988
    Tinkerbell1988 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I weighed myself yesterday and was up 2 lbs... Then I got my period today and I bloat bad. So I guess that explains the weight gain.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    this-thread-is-dead-jim-HzReUT.jpg

If you search and find a thread from a year ago, just read, don't reply...

Makes note in calendar...4/28/2014...resurrect http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/647065-ladies-do-you-gain-weight-during-your-period

^this