Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    well im doing thirty day shred and decided to do this as well. shred in the morning pushups at night. was feeling flush so spent a pound on the iphone app lol. will begin later. 27 was my base number but the app tells me where to start. update later.
    also msarro i swear last time i saw your post it said 90 pounds lost. how often do you update your weight or did you just have a 'really good week' lol.
    Ben
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    well im doing thirty day shred and decided to do this as well. shred in the morning pushups at night. was feeling flush so spent a pound on the iphone app lol. will begin later. 27 was my base number but the app tells me where to start. update later.
    also msarro i swear last time i saw your post it said 90 pounds lost. how often do you update your weight or did you just have a 'really good week' lol.
    Ben

Haha, I don't update it too often anymore. I had been stuck at 90 for some time and hadn't updated since my weight had been hovering. Then after my 5k 2 weeks ago I stepped on a scale before a shower and lo, I'd dumped a bit more weight. I worry more about the fitness than the weight at this point anyhoo.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Haha, I don't update it too often anymore. I had been stuck at 90 for some time and hadn't updated since my weight had been hovering. Then after my 5k 2 weeks ago I stepped on a scale before a shower and lo, I'd dumped a bit more weight. I worry more about the fitness than the weight at this point anyhoo.

good point. congrats on the c25k i lasted one day. but you're right weight is a number fitness first hence im more pleased about not smoking rather than being p****d ive put a few pounds on. lol. good luck at the push ups and well done on the weight loss anyways the numbers looks great !
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I may have to start this later in the week or next week...I think I may have hurt myself lifting last week. :cry: Not sure anything is pulled, but the tricep area on both of my arms hurt pretty badly when I bend them. I'll see what I can do, but I don't want to make it worse. Boo.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, but just got to a computer! I'm starting week 1 in the 3rd column, but with knee push ups. I can do like 15-18 knee pushups but not even 1 single regular one! :ohwell:

Hopefully this will change that!:flowerforyou:
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Morning everyone :) I just did my first day.

Week 1 - Day 1:
    14 - 18 - 14 - 14 - 22
    1 min break in between.

Ouch. All I have to say is its a lot harder than I'd imagine it'd be. Shoulders triceps and chest the most. I'm trying my hardest to watch my form in the mirror, making sure that when I go down for the push up I create a 90 degree angle between my upper arm and forearm at the elbow.
  • ja2009
    Options
    just finished week 1- day 1,column 1. Knee pushups-2-3-2-2-3
    I can defiently feel it in my shoulders.
  • denitchy
    Options
    Today is rest day for me... and I'm feeling it in my chest for sure!!! It's a good pain though... I like it :bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Msarro, thanks for starting this again!
    I started the program a year ago. With some health issues I finished in 9 months (March), plank style. I even got a tee shirt. I realized (like CP) I really wasn't going down as far as I should have been so I have tried like three times to start over doing it all the way down. I got discouraged because I have lower back issues, so I would quit. Here I am again starting over, and embarrassingly I have to say I can only do 11 plank style to the floor now. :blushing: I hope with a bigger group I will stay motivated. It was down to about 3 people in March.
    I tested today and I will do more on Friday but won't officially start until Monday.
    I'm glad to see so many new people (and veterans) doing it!
    MM
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    I tried the initial test yesterday and did 8 on my knees so...

just did day one/week one/level 2

all on knees...

Mary
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I printed off the work out for W1 today at work. I looked at it and thought it would be no sweat. Needless to say it kicked my *kitten*. Between that and swimming laps at lunch today I can barely lift my arms. Driving to work in the morning should be fun.
  • denitchy
    Options
    I woke up at 4:30 this morning to do Week 1 Day 2 level 2... WOW!! I feel great for doing it, but on the final "max rep(min 7)" stage... I couldn't get past 7.5!!! I collapsed... but that's what you're supposed to do, right?
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So much for arms not hurting anymore:laugh: after doing day 2 of wk. 1 yesterday
  • stosto77
    stosto77 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Day 2 of the pushup challenge. Goodmorning all.

20 - 25 - 15 - 15 - 24.5
    1.5 min break in between

Oh dear god. I was on 24 trying to push myself back up for a whole 10 seconds just shaking there halfway. Couldn't complete it but tried two more pushups as soon as I could.

I don't know if I can go for day three with the strength I have yet. Would repeating a day be okay..?
  • denitchy
    Options

20 - 25 - 15 - 15 - 24.5
    1.5 min break in between

Oh dear god. I was on 24 trying to push myself back up for a whole 10 seconds just shaking there halfway. Couldn't complete it but tried two more pushups as soon as I could.

I don't know if I can go for day three with the strength I have yet. Would repeating a day be okay..?

It says that if you don't feel strong enough to start the next "week" to repeat the one you just did, so I can't see a problem with just repeating a day...
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    So far this program has been extremely humbling. To be 100% honest, these "Perfect Pushup" rollers are kicking my butt. Last time I started this program I maxed at 22 pushups. I can barely do 10 on these things - and my arms feel like jello.

Tomorrow is w1d2.
  • muimuimui
    Options

20 - 25 - 15 - 15 - 24.5
    1.5 min break in between

It says that if you don't feel strong enough to start the next "week" to repeat the one you just did, so I can't see a problem with just repeating a day...

Thanks :3 I think i'll try Day 2 again tomorrow, as I won't have time for it really on Saturday-- Moving into my dorm!

Also, Msarro, this perfect pushup thing is killing me as well. I think the only reason I can go for as many as I can is because of my bodyweight. Which, with my height and all, really isn't a lot. My arm muscles still have a long ways to go.
  • jlynn1081
    Options
    I'm in. Initial test put me on week 3 level 3. Did first day on Wed. Will go for day 2 today. I am also going for the 100 sit-up as well. That one seem to take a little more time. Started on week 3 level 2.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group? I have 22 days until my wedding and I need to tone up my chest, back and arms. I dont think anyone would disagree that pushups are the best way to do all that...

The problem is I really really suck at pushups :frown: . I can't even do one ::quarter:: of a real pushup. When I do the girl ones I actually use fists instead of hands flat on the floor because it helps reduce pressure on my puny wrists. So, I can do 5 or 6 girl pushups on a good day... I will print the program and start today! Any advice would be great!