Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 1 level 1
    10(min9)
    Feels good to be back to 40 push ups a day. Can't believe back in March I was up almost 300 (not consec.) Looking forward to being there again! It is possible people! Don't give up!
    MM
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ok....this looks like a fun challenge! :laugh: I'm in! I did the test and can complete a meager 8 push-ups. But I think I will be starting in column 1 because those 8 were very tough. I'd rather be successful all the way through and go slower.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I keep forgetting to post.

So, I am a complete novice at push ups. I'm on Rank 1, W1

Just finished W1 D1 for the third time. Mostly, my wrists are letting me down. Had injured my right arm at work - one of those repetitive movement injuries. So, I may have to repeat W1 a time or two - or move on to a bench for a while. My wrists give out before my arms and chest.
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Week 4 - Day 1: Third try.
    21 - 25 - 21 - 21 - 32
    1 min break in between

Third times the charm! Got them. Pushed hard. Pushed fast. Went deep. Got it.
    Week 4 Day 2 here I come!

And welcome newcomers :3
  • jlynn1081
    Options
    Finished Week 4 Test - 53 Push ups. Start Week 5 day 1 tomorrow column 3.
    Good luck everyone!
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Ok, so has anyone seen the companion to the hundredpushups.com site???? Try 200 hundred squats!
    http://twohundredsquats.com/

I think I'll be adding this to my program starting tomorrow! Anyone care to join me?
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I just finished w1d2 (wall pushups). Column 3
    1 min break between each set.
  • artichoke
    Options
    i just finished week 3, day 1...and collapsed with TWO to go! oh well, 43 (alternate form) is still great for me. i'm going to repeat day 1 on wednesday to see if i can make it.
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to start my mornings with push-ups. This looks like an excellent program so mind if I butt in? I did a measly 5 P/U's so I will begin at rank 1 day 1! Not sure if I gave it my all, but I know the program will be tough enough for me! Besides, it will be fun to see the pictures of my arms in my MOB (Mother-of-the-Bride) dress in November! :laugh: Keep it up everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • denitchy
    Options
    OK, considering the fact that I could only do 7 plank style pushups when I started this... I finished week 2 so last night I did the exhaustion test... I was able to do 21!!! That's huge for me! That's about a 300% improvement! Needless to say, I am very proud of myself :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Ok checking in!!!

W1, D1
  • nehptune
    Options
    I want to jump on this bandwagon! I've been thinking about doing this program for literally months, but I guess I'm just a bit lazy, and with noone to do it with, a bit unmotivated.

So, I'm in!

I can do about 7 "proper" push-ups, so I guess that puts me at rank 2.
    I'll post what I manage to do later today.

265552.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome newbies! Glad to see you!
    I think I am going to have to repeat week 3 next week. Did day 2 and I barely squeaked out the last two. Doesn't help that I am sick. :sick:
    Have a good Wednesday! See you all on Friday!
    MM
  • B1ondie
    Options
    Cool! I've joined and am going to log my feeble (at the moment) attempts every morning. Am only capable of Knee push ups at mo :blushing: but already hooked and can't wait to graduate!! :happy:
    Even looking at other sites on there. Great stuff. Thanks for the info.
  • ja2009
    Options
    did Week 3, Day 1 yesterday.
    set 1-12
    set 2-10
    set 3 -7
    set 4-5
    set 5-9
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Week 4 - Day 2: Sept 16
    25 - 29 - 25 - 25 - 39 (min 36)
    1.5 min break in between

I am 10 kinds of proud of myself. I hope you all are too. Keep up the good work everyone : D
    I do the exhaustion test at the end of Week 4. I'm so excited to see where I can push to.
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Week 1 - Day 2
    2 - 2 - 3 - 2 - 11
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    Just checking in!

W1D2
    max 10

Does anyone use the logger on the underpushups.com page?
  • Dive_Girl
    Options
    I also just did the initial exhaustion test for 200 sit ups (found it within the pushup logger link) and was suprised I could do 35. So my next check in will include both push ups and sit ups workouts.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    My heart was not in it today. I've got a nasty cold. I will be repeating this week. I did get through all the set but did not get as low as I should have.
    Week 3 day 3 level 1
    Looking forward to feeling better and doing better next week!
    Have a good weekend!
    MM