Hundred Pushups Group - Starting TODAY!

Options

Replies

• jlynn1081
    Options
    Look at the option of using a bench (just make sure it is stable and will not move) or even something like a low bathroom counter top. This will put you at an angle and reduce the wait and pressure on your wrist.
    Just be careful to make sure your feet don't slip either.
  • jlynn1081
    Options
    Can I join this group? I have 22 days until my wedding and I need to tone up my chest, back and arms. I dont think anyone would disagree that pushups are the best way to do all that...

The problem is I really really suck at pushups :frown: . I can't even do one ::quarter:: of a real pushup. When I do the girl ones I actually use fists instead of hands flat on the floor because it helps reduce pressure on my puny wrists. So, I can do 5 or 6 girl pushups on a good day... I will print the program and start today! Any advice would be great!

Look at the option of using a bench (just make sure it is stable and will not move) or even something like a low bathroom counter top. This will put you at an angle and reduce the wait and pressure on your wrist.
    Just be careful to make sure your feet don't slip either.
  • denitchy
    Options
    Can I join this group? I have 22 days until my wedding and I need to tone up my chest, back and arms. I dont think anyone would disagree that pushups are the best way to do all that...

The problem is I really really suck at pushups :frown: . I can't even do one ::quarter:: of a real pushup. When I do the girl ones I actually use fists instead of hands flat on the floor because it helps reduce pressure on my puny wrists. So, I can do 5 or 6 girl pushups on a good day... I will print the program and start today! Any advice would be great!

Absolutely you can join!! I agree...pushups are an all-over-body-toning exercise, in my opinion at least!!:bigsmile:
    CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding!!:flowerforyou:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 in column 3, and my shoulders are soo sore! :sick:
    I'm thinking maybe I should switch to column 2. It's so weird how unbalanced my body strength is! My legs are rock hard and strong and I have absolutely NO upper body strength! :ohwell:

Well, hopefully this will change that!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! How are you all doing with the program, noticing improvement and seeing results?
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Hey all. Finished the first week.. I was supposed to finish it saturday, but I got caught up in the Frosh weekend :3 Was away all weekend doing this and that so didn't get a chance to come online.

Week 1 - Day 3:
    22 - 30 - 20 - 20 - 28
    2 min break in between

Wow. I'm feeling it. I didn't even think I'd finish it but I did. I think it has something to do with all the carby sugary foods I only had the option of eating this weekend;; it was a trip sort of thing and I didn't have money.... But I stayed away from all the chips and pop and bad snacks : D I'm back and I'm ready. There will be progress yet!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Did week 2 level 1 day 1 today. Made it to ten on the last set. Feels good to be getting back into this!
    See you all Thursday!
    MM
  • I'm in! one of these days i can do one finger push up just like Bruce Lee! :drinker:

-____
    Count down: 2 more days before weigh in. Need to lose 2.5 lbs.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Finished week 1, getting ready to do week 2!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay I couldn't do the last rep on week 2, day 1. I am in the third column and think I will have to do the second column. But continuing on and moving forward! :smile:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I've been pushing up, but not posting. Yesterday I started week 4 over again on level 2. It is still hard, but I think I made it through with fewer pauses and going deeper than last week. The only problem - I think I must have strained something in my chest because it was aching all night long! Ouch.
    25 (the minimum)
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    well i did week 2 day two today. think im level three. doing the iphone app so not sure
    17 min i managed 20
    does feel like i have improved though and doing it mon wed fri. its good fun. its a little while before i do one hundred in a row though lol.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Can I still join in? I'm been posting a couple other threads for the c25k but I want to start doing the pushups on the days I don't do my jogging. :happy:
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Can I still join in? I'm been posting a couple other threads for the c25k but I want to start doing the pushups on the days I don't do my jogging. :happy:
    I think I can safely say on msarro's part, who started the group, that yes you can. :3 It's not an exclusive club at all;;

At any rate, good afternoon everyone! Today was my first day of university classes. I still have one more this evening, but I thought I'd get in a workout in between.

Week 2 - Day 1: Sept 9
    21 - 25 - 21 - 21 - 25/32
    1 min break in between

Geez. I'm definitely doing this one again. I couldn't even complete the 32 minimum on the last one. I was doing half way pushups and started pausing every few after 22.... Yea. Definitely repeating this on Friday. Wow that was harsh on my arms.
  • mommared53
    Options
    I'm beyond pathetic! I couldn't even do a girly pushup. :embarassed: I did manage 10 wall pushups standing an arms length away from the wall.

I'll have to print out the schedule tomorrow at work because I don't have a printer at home. Then I'll start the program on Friday and do it on the days in between the days I do the c25k program.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I was able to do 15 push ups, but I'm only going to start in column 2... Slow and steady wins the race, right? and I don't want to give up because I find it too hard.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Week 2 day 2 level1
    10(min 7)
    My arms are still sore from Tuesday. I should feel pretty good tomorrow! :noway:
    MM
  • mommared53
    Options
    I started tonight. Did week 1 day 1 column 3
    I did the wall pushups.

Betty
  • muimuimui
    Options
    Week 2 - Day 1: Sept 12
    21 - 25 - 21 - 21 - 32(1.15min break)
    1 min break in between

Hi everyone. Repeated Week 2 - Day 1 again. Can't say its a whole lot easier, but I gave myself a tad longer break on the final and made it without dropping in between. Did a little bit of pausing though, although less than my last session.
    I think I may repeat this one one more time. It's really challenging. The last few on the final pushups my whole body was shaking trying to push myself up.

alskdhflkasdfjdsf. I guess I'm sort of seeing progress though. My max when i started was 34, and now I'm pushing almost 32 after all those previous pushups. Wish I could progress to Day 2 though.

How is everyone else doing? Feeling any gains?
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I did week 2 level 1 day 3. I was so sore from other exercises that I didn't think I was gonna make it through, but I did!
    10( min 8)
    Not sure if I'm going to move to week 3 level 1 or week 2 level 2. I'll see how I'm feeling on Monday!
    Keep pushing!
    MM