Insanity or p90x results/ pics??

Options

Replies

• greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X and Insanity the Asylum and loved my results! I am now doing another round of P90X now and am starting a challenge group to help motivate people and stay accountable message me for details if you want to join this group
  • gnarlynoodle
    gnarlynoodle Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Bump! I need motivation to pop in Kenpo X and the other DVDs. Sigh. I would have finished my first round next week too! Ugh. :(
    Im doing P90X right now, started before but stopped, going strong for now! ;) But I also had issues with Kenpo..if you dont like it you can always sub and do Cardio X to get a cardio workout in if you wanted. Im might do that :)

Kenpo is my absolute favorite!

Here are my 30 day results. I'm actually behind on my 60 day picture. I'll try to take it tomorrow:
    day1day30.jpg
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    P90x lean routine 90 day results. Hope this works. Never posted pics before.

281.jpg

011.jpg

020.jpg
  • The_Dude
    The_Dude Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Alright, this thread got me going on P90X, thanks people! I do have one question, though it might sound odd. How exactly do you go your hardest? I mean, when I'm running I pay attention to my HRM, when I'm lifting weights I lift however much I can to achieve a certain number of reps. But with P90X, well, do you go your hardest at the beginning even if your performance will suffer later on? Do you keep going at a relatively moderate pace? I just finished my first plyometrics, and I mean I was winded throughout, but my legs didn't start to burn. I mean I'm barely strong enough to even do some of the exercises, did anyone start out at that point? Thanks y'all!

Well for me, in order to complete the full workout using proper form the firs few weeks I didn't "go my hardest." I had to pace myself a little bit to be able to finsh the workout (for example chest/back not doing the maximum pushups the first move).

However, after I started to loose the fat build muscle and been on the P90X diet for a while so my body had good fuel I could really push hard in the workouts. Going to the point of failure on each move and still making it through the whole work out.

If you don't figure it out in the first month I wouldn't worry. If during month 2 you still question if you are doing your hardest and "bringing it" then you in my humble opinion you aren't.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Photo0003.jpg
    Before p90x

Photo0026.jpg
    After Phase 2

I completed it last week and loved loved loved it!

Wow, amazing!

I've noticed in all of the people who have posted before and after pictures, your belly buttons moved up. That is a HUGE thing for me right now after just having my 5th child. I'm so going to have to look into this program now!
  • jdesm
    jdesm Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    I am about to about to start p90x in July so I made a group,if you are about start or even if you already started join my group, so we can support each other.

P90X July, August & September

:drinker:
  • sunraze
    sunraze Posts: 115
    Options
    I am 51. I'm an Insanity grad. I'm now hitting some P90X. I like them both. They are different but I think Insanity is way harder. Good Luck choosing. I dont think you can go wrong either way.
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Is it hard on your knees?

I'm curious about this also....
  • kholbrook17
    Options
    Hey Congrats!! What meal plan did you follow? I'm doing p90x.
  • kholbrook17
    Options
    I Love Insanity and p90x I have done 3 rounds of insanity and one of p90x. I have also done a round of turbofire which I loved as well. This was over a year of work. With insanity I did not lose much weight I did however get a lot of definition, i lost most of my weight with turbofire.
    weightloss1.jpg

Hey Congrats!! What meal plan did you follow? I'm doing p90x.
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Bump!!!

Am thinking doing Insanity!! P90X sounds good too.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m5kb1yyYdN1rvtef2o1_1280.png

:laugh: :wink: hehe
  • greggags2
    greggags2 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a lot of cardio and jumping around so it is harder on your knees than p90x. p90x only has one plyometric and jumping workout so it really isnt that tough on your knees
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I've tried Insanity but honestly, It was way too hard for me... I have heard of people that have GREAT results with both insanity and p90x though.. Right now I am doing TurboFire and absolutely love it. It's intense but VERY fun.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Give me 90 days and I will be BACK to this thread!

I also have the originally TurboFire and LOVE that. My body isn't ready for the Plyo (I know, so out of shape I am), so I plan on subbing the Plyo day for a SuperCharged TurboFire workout (including hand weights).
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Give me 90 days and I will be BACK to this thread!

I also have the originally TurboFire and LOVE that. My body isn't ready for the Plyo (I know, so out of shape I am), so I plan on subbing the Plyo day for a SuperCharged TurboFire workout (including hand weights).
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Well for me, in order to complete the full workout using proper form the firs few weeks I didn't "go my hardest." I had to pace myself a little bit to be able to finsh the workout (for example chest/back not doing the maximum pushups the first move).

However, after I started to loose the fat build muscle and been on the P90X diet for a while so my body had good fuel I could really push hard in the workouts. Going to the point of failure on each move and still making it through the whole work out.

If you don't figure it out in the first month I wouldn't worry. If during month 2 you still question if you are doing your hardest and "bringing it" then you in my humble opinion you aren't.

fantastic, thanks! I was hoping to hear something along those lines.
  • kaigausista
    kaigausista Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    will be starting month 2 of insanity today. Heard it's really hard and I'm a bit 'scared' to be honest lol. After the first month I managed to lose 9lbs with insanity and inches. Started insanity at 202lbs and CW 193lbs.
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am doing Insanity, these are my 3 week comparison and I am currently on week 4. I love Insanity it is crazy but you also do not need any equipment for it which is a plus in my book!

wee3.jpg
    [/quote]
    week3.jpg
    [/quote]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!