WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I have about five minutes before I have to finish getting ready for my overnight trip to Seattle. My ride will pick me up at my house. I decided to leave the computer at home and dedicate whatever extra time I have outside of the event to walking, dancing, or using the fitness room in the hotel.

:flowerforyou: Susan, one of the supplements I take with my program contains apple cider vinegar with other stuff meant to stimulate metabolism so I agree that you're on the right track. Congratulations on losing another pound.:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Heather, I love way I eat now so I have no intention of making major changes when I reach my goal. I read somewhere that when you reach your goal to try adding 100 calories a day for a week and see what happens, then add another 100 and so on until you reach a comfortable place. I want to be really careful. I reached my goal weight when I was in my 30's and because I wasn't vigilant I went downhill and didn't recover until this year.

:flowerforyou: Lianne, I love your sunflowers. You are lucky to have a place to grow them. you are lucky, too, to have a place where you work where you can also work out. The exercise bike is great. I tried talking on the phone while on the bike and found that the heavy breathing bothered me even though my friend didn't comment on it.:laugh: :laugh:

Gotta go, I'll probably get back to the thread on Sunday.
    hugs:heart::heart: :heart: have a great weekend:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Barbie
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    OK it is 6:40 eastern time. I have done all the eating I should have today. Thank God I have stayed in my calorie zone. Now, comes the weekend when my hubby wants to go out. :noway:

I had a great afternoon. My cousin visited my parents and left pictures of them and old letters my Uncle had written from Guam in 1945. He was about 22 and in the Navy at the time. What a great time we had. My Dad and I took turns in reading them. The last one was about the time my grandmother had passed. My Dad was 13 at the time. He started to read the letter, it was about how my grandmother loved her garden and toying with her flowers, and wanted my Dad to take care of the flowers as their mother had. When he got to that part he could not continue. He just began to cry. It was a very special moment for me.

How lucky I am to have both parents. I know so many of you have lost yours. I can see through my Dad you never lose the love.

My thoughts and love go out to all who have lost loved ones dear to them. Sorry I got to so sentimental. I just wanted to share.

Lots of Love

Kathy:heart::heart:

One day at a time.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

It figures the one time I am too busy to read posts earlier, that something would happen that makes me kick myself. I just read the post from Barbie, mentioning her trip to Seattle. Wouldn't you know that she will be in Seattle the SAME time that I will--I am leaving on Saturday morning to take my parents for a visit with some of my dad's family.

Unfortunately, her post indicated she was leaving this afternoon and won't be on MFP again til Sunday. By that time, we will BOTH be back in our respective homes:sad: Since I don't have anyway to contact her outside MFP, there isn't much I can do:ohwell: Maybe one of these years we will meet!!:laugh:

I wanted to get my dad up to see his sister and others before the weather turns and it is going to be very nice and sunny all weekend. We are just going for the day as it is much easier than staying over. My parents prefer sleeping in their own bed, and I do also, especially since my sleeping spot is a sofa and I never sleep worth a hoot at my aunts because she lives in an area where train noises are regular night time occurrences. She says she doesn't even hear them, but I do--all night long:grumble:

My visiting time will be limited, since my aunt decided that the arrival of my dogs puts her pom poo (Pomeranian--Poodle mix for any non-doggie readers:smile: ) into an anxious state, and he ends up being sick for a couple of days after we have been there. She informed me of this when we first began talking about visiting, and I don't have anyone who can take the dogs for the day, so they are coming along anyway.

Doggie sitters don't grow on trees, and boarding would mean an overnight stay for them and a bill of about $50 for me, so the babies and I will be visiting a dog park near the U of W campus, and a friend of mine who lives in the north end of Seattle is going to meet me there. We plan to have a picnic. By the time I have driven to the part, visited, picnic'd etc. and driven back, it will be about time for us to go back to my aunts, pick up my parents and drive home. It is about 3 hours each way, including rest stops, and other than the traffic, is an easy enough trip--all interstate highway travel.

So, if you don't hear from me til Sunday, you will know why. Sorry to read of headaches and backaches, knee pain, and menopause-related symptoms. I hope everyone is on the mend.

I have made one change that I hope will result in my feeling more energetic and will get my weight loss moving more quickly. As of Oct 1st, I am no longer starting work at 5 am!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: I have to give up my full weekends off, but I will still have Sunday, and Monday, instead of Saturday, as days off. My workday won't start til 1p on 3 of the 5 days, so I will be able to have a larger block of free time to get things done, like walking, and projects that I have put off forever.

Have a good evening all:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    Thanks Susan. I will get some tomorrow. I have Great News today. Heather is pregnant again. For those of you who forgot or dont know. She is my daughter. She found out she was pregnant in May with her second child and had a miscariage 3 days later. She has already been to the doctor had an ultrasound, and things look fine. She is about 5 weeks. She is due May 25 the day before my 55th birthday. We are excited. Please pray for her and baby that things go well this time. See you tomorrow.
    Vicki M
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Prayers for all with health problems this week, and prayers for Heather and her happy new beginning!
    How wonderful Vickie, one door closing another opening.

Just a quick note to remind you all I'm still here I do read and enjoy all your posts and appreciate all your encouragement.

Have a wonderful weekend:happy: Alice
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I hope all of you dealing with illness & discomfort find relief soon. :flowerforyou:
    I'm looking forward to a day all to myself. Hubby left early & I slept in, I'll try a new workout video (now that I know how to work the DVD player) & then sew for the rest of the day!
    :bigsmile: It sounds heavenly. :bigsmile:
    It's still 100 degrees here & too hot to walk outside. I'm tired of the bike & I think I need to switch up my workout anyway.
    My 35th class reunion is tonight. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not. It may be an early evening. :wink:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've tried catching up on the posts since the last time I really had a chance to read them. But, I have a teenage son throwing up in the air in the background and occationally it is not hitting just air. lol The adventures of parenting a child with ADHD!

Welcome to everyone new!

It seems like there are a lot of illnesses and injuries going around - so to all of you not 100% - I hope your feeling better and keep your spirits up. Don't let injuries or illnesses keep you from your goal of getting healthy and loosing weight. Hang in there. You can do it.

I'm looking forward to next weekend. A few friends and family are coming in to celebrate Dad's 90th birthday. It seems like families are so spread out any more. It's made me look fondly on my youth growing up with everyone I knew within 20 miles of each other. We all couldn't wait to leave, now ............:ohwell:

Have a great Saturday!

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Saturday to all...I still haven't gotten on my bike:sad: But I am doing Leslie Sansone 3 mile everyday:smile: and even adding some 10 min stuff I found on Comcast On Demand:smile: I love this channel I did 3 diifferent 10 min workouts in addition to the LS 3 mile.:tongue: One was a disco Abs,:wink: one was ab buster :wink: and the last one .....now don't laugh..:laugh: .It was Carmen Electra striptease...yeah you read it right...thank GOD no one came in while I was doing this one:laugh: I bet I looked pretty funny. A 54 year old, 182 pound women trying to do this very provocative routine (they didn't really strip). It really did give me a good workout though:happy: It is a little chilly here today (sweater weather) leaves are starting to fall off the trees already.:noway: I can't wait to weigh in on Monday to see if all this extra exercise is going to pay off. Spent the night at my daughter last night and didn't get much sleep. Think I will Take a shower and go to bed:yawn:
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations Vicki, I will keep Heather in my prayers. My daughter is due in January, she has a 2 year old and has had 2 miscarriages. So far pregnancy is going well, baby just won't cooperate so we can see what it is:frown:
    :flowerforyou: Barbie and Barb hope you had safe trips
    :flowerforyou: To everyone Hugs:blushing: and prayers:love: for all who are in need, Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Georg
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Saturday to all...I still haven't gotten on my bike:sad: But I am doing Leslie Sansone 3 mile everyday:smile: and even adding some 10 min stuff I found on Comcast On Demand:smile: I love this channel I did 3 diifferent 10 min workouts in addition to the LS 3 mile.:tongue: One was a disco Abs,:wink: one was ab buster :wink: and the last one .....now don't laugh..:laugh: .It was Carmen Electra striptease...yeah you read it right...thank GOD no one came in while I was doing this one:laugh: I bet I looked pretty funny. A 54 year old, 182 pound women trying to do this very provocative routine (they didn't really strip). It really did give me a good workout though:happy: It is a little chilly here today (sweater weather) leaves are starting to fall off the trees already.:noway: I can't wait to weigh in on Monday to see if all this extra exercise is going to pay off.
    :bigsmile:
    wahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :bigsmile:
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone:flowerforyou:

Hope you are all doing well. We are having a wonderful "retirement" vacation. I have included a photo of our trip to Mount Rushmore. Our first time visiting this beautiful area and we enjoyed it immensely. We also visited the Little Bighorn National Monument. Absolutely amazing both of them:bigsmile:

As you can see from my photo I have not let the torn cartilage in my knee keep me from experiencing all I can:noway: My walking stick has been a very valuable walking companion:laugh: From there we have travelled thru Iowa, Illinois and now Indiana. The weather has been just beautiful. As far as exercising I have been trying to get in as much walking as possible. I am holding my own with the scale, bringing it along in our travels has proven to also be invaluable...frustrating sometime but mostly beneficial...my DH couldn't figure out why I was bringing it along but interestingly enough he has been keeping close tabs on his weight too:smile:

It has been great catching up on the posts when I can. Keep up the great work everyone. Remember you are so worth it:bigsmile:

Marie:heart:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ladies,
    Marie it was so good to hear from you. Your trip sounds wonderful. I am so jealous. Great job on keeping track of weight while on vacation. I have learned that I can keep track and stay on task anywhere if I try. Trips can be so much more than eating.
    Hubby and I spent the day in Baton Rouge yesterday. All of the kids were busy and he is leaving for Texas again tomorrow. So we went shopping and I tried on lots of clothes. I was so excited. Everything I tried on fit. That is such a good feeling. I bought a pair of size 12 jeans at Kohl's and a couple of shirts. I didnt buy everything I tried on but I could have. Really boosts my confidence. Hope you all have a great day and good weekend.
    Vicki M
  • Georg
    Options
    Last night was my class reunion. :ohwell: It was better than I expected.
    Usually the people I want to see the most don't come. Our class has had a reunion every 5 years. :noway:
    But it was nice to see some who don't usually show up last night.
    (2 old boyfriends at a table with hubby!) :huh: pretty weird:drinker:
    I had a beautiful outfit - a smaller size that I've worn in a long time. :blushing: I bought long pants to go with the top, but it was just still too hot, so I found some pants in my closet that I bought last spring without trying on & then they wouldn't even come up over my knees. :sad:
    But I kept them anyway because they were on sale & I had faith... :bigsmile:
    Well, I wore them. They were tight in the waist, but looked great with the top. I'm excited.
    I ate mostly salad from the buffet, only one glass of wine & lots of water.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:drinker: Have a good Sunday, everyone. Log your meals, work out & drink your water!:drinker:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Vickim- gratz on the size 12 jeans.
    Marie- I love seeing vacation pictures, keep them coming. Glad you had a great time.
    Laurel- I hope all goes well for your daughter and I enjoyed your comments on the excercise routine.

I'm still stuck and haven't lost any weight in a long time. My new tape measure disappeared and it is probably with the old one that I use to have. Where ever that is. But, I seem to have a new resolve to get the scale moving down again and have been doing a lot better on food choices and I'm coming down on my calorie intake.

My goal for next week is to not eat my excercise calories.

Have a great day everyone,

Jeannie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Again, a quick hello:happy: I tried to get back to work on Friday and left at 1:00. I was so stiff and achy:frown: I think it's my sciatic nerve:frown: After being out sick and sitting for long periods of time, it tightened up and then kind of turned into aches in my buttock:embarassed: and down the thigh to my knee. I was treating it with Heat, as I thought it was a strained muscle, :noway: but looked it up online. All the symptoms , for sciatica, were exactly what I was experiencing! It said to treat it with COLD not heat:noway: which is what I was doing!:noway: :ohwell: Boy, I'm having trouble diagnosing myself lately:laugh: :laugh: Anyways, I called the chiropractic center to set up an appointment for an evaluation this coming week. :smile: As I said before, one of the reasons I was hesitating was because I haven't had an incident....so why go? God certainly draws straight with crooked lines and if I was looking for a sign....I got it!!!:wink:
    I went (or limped) to my grandson's BD party last night, REALLY FEELING LIKE A MEMERE!!! and my food was exact! No wine, though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So the food and the water have been perfect, but I miss the exercise. :ohwell: They say with sciatic nerve, you rest it, you don't try to limber up with exercise it just agravates it!!!:grumble:
    Again, I am reading the posts and say a big hello.
    Sounds like there's some real great vacationing, partying, getting into smaller clothes, losing weight and overcoming some obtacles! CONGRATS!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I cannot write too long because I'm not suppose to sit too long:laugh: :laugh:

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for all the greetings, I send my hearfelt thoughts to all of you!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM:smooched:
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Again, a quick hello:happy: I tried to get back to work on Friday and left at 1:00. I was so stiff and achy:frown: I think it's my sciatic nerve:frown: After being out sick and sitting for long periods of time, it tightened up and then kind of turned into aches in my buttock:embarassed: and down the thigh to my knee. I was treating it with Heat, as I thought it was a strained muscle, :noway: but looked it up online. All the symptoms , for sciatica, were exactly what I was experiencing! It said to treat it with COLD not heat:noway: which is what I was doing!:noway: :ohwell: Boy, I'm having trouble diagnosing myself lately:laugh: :laugh: Anyways, I called the chiropractic center to set up an appointment for an evaluation this coming week. :smile: As I said before, one of the reasons I was hesitating was because I haven't had an incident....so why go? God certainly draws straight with crooked lines and if I was looking for a sign....I got it!!!:wink:
    I went (or limped) to my grandson's BD party last night, REALLY FEELING LIKE A MEMERE!!! and my food was exact! No wine, though :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    So the food and the water have been perfect, but I miss the exercise. :ohwell: They say with sciatic nerve, you rest it, you don't try to limber up with exercise it just agravates it!!!:grumble:
    Again, I am reading the posts and say a big hello.
    Sounds like there's some real great vacationing, partying, getting into smaller clothes, losing weight and overcoming some obtacles! CONGRATS!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I cannot write too long because I'm not suppose to sit too long:laugh: :laugh:

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Thank you for all the greetings, I send my hearfelt thoughts to all of you!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM:smooched:

Bridie

If it weren't for bad luck, you would have none at all!! First the "Attack of the Killer Raw Chicken Wings" ( dripping into your lettuce drawer) and now your sciatic nerve.

I have personal experience w/ the sciatic issue. One thing I learned that is invaluable, and that I am doing to this day in my sit down job is to RAISE YOUR FEET when you sit.

You can get a "footrest" designed for that purpose that can sit under your desk. That is not what I use, because most of them are slanted, and that defeats the purpose. Believe it or not, once I determined the right height for me, based upon how high my chair is adjusted in relation to the workstation desktop, I use a produce box, the flat type that tomatoes come in seems to work best. They are very sturdy and about once every 6 months I will replace it. Costco is an excellent source for this type of box, BTW. This will work well, particularly if you can raise the height of your chair a couple of inches so your knees are not in an uncomfortable position.

One thing I have always had to do was write in Sharpie marker "FOOTREST--DO NOT DISCARD" in case some overzealous janitor decides to toss it. (This works well as long as your janitorial staff can read English. In one office I worked in, I had to put my footrest on top of my monitor each night as they were instructed never to remove things from desktops, but stuff on the floor was fair game!!-regardless of what it was!:laugh:

Since my initial bout with it, which was treated w/anti inflammatories and muscle relaxers, I have had no more flair ups, and I believe it is at least partly due to my "footrest." A time or two I have been without one, and notice a difference in how I feel after even just one day without it.

Good luck!!

Barb
  • weaklink109
    Options
    I was so busy suggesting to Birdie how to keep her sciatica in check that I forgot to give a little Woo Hoo, as I am down another one, that makes 7 lbs, so far, since August 30th. As I explained to a friend, "I am not running down the highway in record time (in terms of the speed of my weigh loss) but I am not sitting by the side of the road, waiting for a tow truck, either!!":laugh: She laughed loudly at this analogy.

I mentioned going to Seattle on Saturday, and I did. The weather was perfect. A little overcast on the morning trip up, but by afternoon, it was beautiful, a few puffy clouds in the sky, temp in the mid 70's--a perfect day to sit in the sunshine in the small dog area of the Warren G Magnuson Park and watch Mai Li growl at every pooch that came to say hello to her !!:laugh:

Oh my but my little girl woke up on the WRONG :grumble: :mad: side of the bed on Saturday! She would not settle down in the car. She was mad that "grandpa" AKA my dad, was sitting her accustomed spot on the front seat. Usually she will settle in in the back and be content to sit next to my mom, but NOT yesterday. It seemed to annoy her most when Pepper sat in his usually spot on the pillow atop the console between my bucket seats and played "navigator" as he usually does. At our first rest stop, I relocated him to the back so she could come up and sit in that spot, thinking it might improve her disposition. She wouldn't move to that spot, :noway: but sat is such a way that HE couldn't get back there, which seemed to make her the happiest, relatively speaking, that she had been all day!!:laugh:

I dropped off my parents at my aunt's, (you may recall from a prior post that she decided having my dogs there made hers too "anxious" so we couldn't stick around too long--otherwise I would have stayed to see her too, but we do most of our visiting on the phone, so it is not like I never talk to her) As usual, the traffic in Seattle is for the birds ( at least THEY can fly OVER it!!:laugh:) There was NO Seahawks game played there on Saturday, NO Mariners game (they were in Toronto, where Ichiro got tossed from the game, as I understand it, for "drawing a line in the sand" with his bat--apparently a big no no to umpires:laugh: ). The Huskies were busy playing at Stanford. I checked all this before trying to go up for the day.

Even one of these things could have fouled up travel through Seattle, because the nitwits who decided on placement of I-5 back in the late 50's insisted the road HAD to go through downtown. Heaven help anyone whose destination is NOT downtown, as there are now so many lanes to nowhere that in places only ONE lane is marked as for through traffic. Not surprisingly, thanks to the number of people who now live and drive in the Puget Sound area, all it takes is a normal Saturday and it can take an hour, as it did for me, to travel what ought to take about 20 minutes.

I finally arrived at the park, which is sited where a Naval Air Station used to be located, but is now a parks and rec facility with athletic fields and 9 acres of fenced off leash dog park. After we located the small dog area and settled in our chairs, I pulled out my subway sandwich, took one bite, and noticed Pepper was not nearby. I looked over and found him standing by the gate trying to get someone to let him out!!:laugh:

We had been there a whole five minutes and he didn't want to stay!! I called him, and was ignored, as is his custom in ANY doggie park, I have discovered. So I handed my sandwich to my friend, went and retrieved him, suggesting he go play with some of the other little cuties that were prancing about in this area. He ignored me. I managed one bite of sandwich, before discovering him, once again, standing by the gate. :noway: Again I handed off my sandwich, which by now was getting worn out from handling!!:laugh: --retrieved Pepper, and this time put him on the leash, thereby defeating the purpose of an off leash area:ohwell:

I managed to finish my lunch, despite several little canine visitors coming over to offer any "help" I might require:laugh: I soon discovered bringing food to a doggie park works about as well as bringing a toy for YOUR dog and figuring they will actually get to play with it. The one and only time I brought something, hoping to encourage Mai Li to be a little more active, another faster critter took off with it, and that dog's owner and I had to chase it for several minutes before I could reclaim it from the opportunistic canine "thief!":laugh:

As all this was going on, Mai Li sat in the shade next to me and if any other dog came close enough for me to pet them, she would growl, so not surprisingly, they didn't stick around.

Pepper, had adopted a new tactic. He walked over to the benches near the gate where other dog owners were sitting. I had already gotten a few laughs from them due to having retrieved him from the gate 3 times so far since our arrival.

Now he seemed to be going to each one, sizing them up as if he were about to say under his breath, "Hey whatta ya say..can you help me break outta this joint? PUHLEESE?" It reminded me of a sign my neighbor has on her front door " Do not let the cat out--no matter WHAT he tells you!!:laugh:

After he could find no prospects for escape, he wandered a bit and came back and laid under my friends chair. We visited for awhile, and then it was time to think about going back to my aunt's. She told me she had fixed up a place in her garage, which is right off her kitchen, where Pepper and Mai Li could stay while they were there. It was actually quite nice, a large piece of carpeting. It was cool and comfortable and well lit--but that didn't stop Mai Li from telling us how unhappy she was to be out there instead of in the rest of the condo with us. She proceeded to do this with GREAT gusto throughout dinner!!:laugh:

Anyway, my friend suggested a walk before we parted company, so I went to gather up Mai Li and Pepper and get them back on leash so we could leave. Mai Li was no problem, If she chooses to be unhappy, she is flexible--she can be just as miserable on or off leash!!:laugh: Pepper was quite another matter. All afternoon, dogs had been coming to interact with him and after a sniff or two, he blew them off. About they time we were ready to go, two dogs arrived and for some reason, HE decided he had met his two BFF's and started running around in a game of "doggie tag" :noway: All the other owners now had a new reason to laugh as I tried without success to corral him in order to leash him up so we could leave. I finally did catch him ,but now instead of eagerly heading for the gate, he had to be dragged out of the enclosure!!!:laugh: Just like a toddler!!!

After we dropped our gear back at my car, our walk was a short one. The first shady spot we came to, Mai Li put it in park and refused to budge!! Pepper soon followed her lead. So much for exercise. So we talked a bit longer, and then I headed back to my aunt's, a really good ham dinner, with corn on the cob, other veggies, a salad, and complete with a little apple pie and ice cream for dessert. :heart: The drive home was much quieter, as both doggies slept like little angels for the entire trip home. The silence was golden!!:happy:

Despite no exercise yesterday, I still lost, so that is 39 pesky pounds gone forever!!:drinker: :drinker:

Have a great Sunday, everyone!!

Barb
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Barb, for the info. I'll try to get something to put under my desk. :happy: The challenge is that I have one high desk and one low desk and one chair that I travel back and forth on:laugh: :laugh: I'm constantly adjusting my chair!
    Congatulations on the weight loss:flowerforyou:
    I think between your doggie stories and my wine, chicken wing and sciatic stories we could do a Saturday night Live Show!!!!:laugh: :laugh:
    Thanks again!
    BirdieM:bigsmile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I am home safely from my quick trip to Seattle. My ride picked me up at 1:30 and I was home again by dark on Saturday. I had worried about leaving Jake home with back problems and dogs to walk but they did great. Actually his back problems had gotten worse just before I left. He decided on Friday morning to move the little red car farther over in the garage and did something to his back that sent him on a emergency run to the chiropractor. Since the women who were giving me a ride were the two women who work in the chiropractor's office, I was afraid that his visit would make them late leaving the office but all turned out well. Jake did so well while I was gone that he didn't just walk the dogs, he took them to the dog park on Saturday.

Since the trip was supposed to be Jake's trip, I had very little idea of what to expect and the added burden of wanting to take good enough notes at the sessions to be able to share what all the presenters said. Since it's really his business, I wasn't nearly as interested in what was being said as he would have been and I had a hard time sorting out the important and new from the unimportant or stuff he already knew.

I was part of a three member team handling registration so I had something to do and didn't have to worry about standing around making conversation with people. Discussion with people as they arrived and we checked to see if they'd pre-registered or had to pay, kept me busy and involved for an hour and a half on both Friday night and Saturday morning. I learned a lot about business and nutrition and didn't fall asleep during any of the sessions even though I didn't sleep well Friday night. Getting up early Saturday allowed me to shower, fix my breakfast, and walk on the fabulous treadmill in the fitness room for almost an hour before I had to be at the registration table. Since I'd brought my easy to eat lunch, I had another 30 minutes for the treadmill at lunchtime.

:flowerforyou: Barb, we were at the Hilton in Bellevue which probably wasn't too far from where you were but since I had no idea what the schedule was for the day, I couldn't have planned a rendezvous with you even if we'd known we were going to be close to each other. I'm trying imagine you walking into the Hilton looking for me with Pepper and Mai Li on leashes. :laugh: :laugh: We're bound to come to Vancouver sometime and then we can plan a get-together. Congratulations on the weight loss.

:flowerforyou: Marie, you have been visiting a part of the U.S. that is very special to me. The two extra large t shirts that don't fit but I still wear are from Mount Rushmore and the Corn Palace in Mitchell, South Dakota. We've been to Little Big Horn twice and spent quite a bit of time walking around there. Your trip sounds great, as does your walking stick.

:flowerforyou: Kathy, your letter reading event sounds so special. My parents have been gone for a long time but I was blessed to live only two miles away from them for the last years of their lives. Your focus on your food and exercise sounds great, as well.

:flowerforyou: Vicki, that is great news about Heather's pregnancy. You will have all of us thinking positive thoughts about her and her baby. Congratulations on the size 12 clothes. It's a good thing you didn't buy too many because it won't be long before you'll discard them in favor of some size 10's.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, I admire how much you are able to accomplish while raising a high maintenance teenager. You deserve extra hugs.:heart::heart:

:flowerforyou: Rosemary----doing "striptease" workouts is only one of the reasons that working out at home is best :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Georg, congratulations on your smaller clothes and great eating behavior at your reunion and sharing a table with hubby and two old boyfriends.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: Birdie, ice is your friend. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a return to the exercise track.

Time for me to get on the exercise bike.
    hugs to all :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I get confused every time I see a comment directed to "Marie" because that's my real name. :laugh:

Anyway, I swam today so I got in my 2x this week. This coming up week is going to be hard because my Wed. class is cancelled (and even if it wasn't, my son turns 18 that day and I'm sure he wants me around for the traditional dinner out and gifts) and I'm doing a race on Sunday, my normal day to do a swim in open water (i.e., a lake, bay or ocean, not a pool).

I should be nervous about the race as it's a Half Marathon and the longest I've run at any one time is 10 miles and that was back in late June/early July. Since then I've done some 6.-7.5 mile runs but nothing recently. My coach has me doing all interval work to increase my speed.

But I'm not nervous for some reason. I think probably because it's a 3 loop course. I'll just treat each loop like it's its own race and I should be fine. Plus, there will be live music to keep me going! :happy: That or I'm in denial that it's even going to happen. :tongue:
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Had a good week-end. Went to a event on Saturday that included going out to dinner with friends Saturday night so I was soooo mindful for breakfast and lunch so that I could have a guilt free dinner. Breakfast and lunch were under 300 calories so then dinner with broiled halibut and a baked potato without the sour cream and a lovely salad with 1 tablespoon dressing was well within my 1200 calories for the day. I had some healthy snacks to get me through the hard spots and drank lot’s of water.
    Today I kept it pretty light and my knee felt good enough to exercise to the Leslie Sansone walking at home cd. I put in 4 miles and got 9,500 on my pedometer. Wo Wo:tongue::tongue:
    Tomorrow my knee will be fussy but I can live with it until I get it fixed.
    Drank water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: , stayed within my calorie limit and ate nutritionally satisfying food that is packed with good stuff.
    Congratulations:heart::heart: to those who lost weight and I’ll keep hoping to see the same on my scales real soon.