WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options
WELCOME to the thread for Women in their 50’s (or thereabouts). Actually, all women are welcome. We are a group of women who gain support and encouragement from others who are facing some of the same challenges. This has turned out to be a very helpful tool for me and hopefully for many others. I have met many new friends on this thread. So once again, welcome!

How did you do on your goals for August? What are your goals for the month of September? We can help each other be accountable. Visit daily to encourage and to be encouraged. We’re here for each other.

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Jam0525 and kcwriter, see the last page of the August thread for answers to your questions.

I am too tired to talk about goals tonight, its sleepytime:yawn:

Barb
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    My goals for Sept are to do Waves to Wine (a two day bike ride) and swim 2x a week.
  • aleanerme
    aleanerme Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi -I did very well in August. Lost more than 1 lb per week. I also lost an inch off my waist. Hoping to lose another 5 pounds this month. And if I work really hard, I hope to be at my goal weight by Christmas. I'm getting used to the healthy eating regime. Cravings aren't there much anymore. It's almost 7:00 a.m here and I'm off to meet my trainer. Have a great day everyone and good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! My goals for September are to lose 8 pounds and to heal enough so that I can at least walk without so much pain.

Here's to smart choices!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning

Just tagging so I can find later
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies:

I am down only ounces so I did not make my end of August goal.:cry: So, I guess the good thing is I'm not up ounces or pounds :bigsmile:

This is the beginning of a new month and an opportunity for me to work harder.

Have a great day,
    Esther
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I did well with my August goals :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

*drink all my water
    yes, even if I had to drink 24 ounces in the last 10 minutes before getting into bed :laugh: :laugh:

*walk 14,000 steps a day
    I averaged that because of some days with long walks where I walked 20.000 + but ended up walking 14,000 steps 25 days out of 31 :bigsmile:

*lose 4 pounds
    I lost 5 pounds. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: My goals for September:

*lose 4 pounds
    *ride the exercise bike 20 minutes every day
    *use my hand weights for 5 minutes a day

It's a new month and we can make new plans and aim for the best for ourselves:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Options
    You are sooooooo good Barbie. What an example of determination and discipline you are to all of us. I just hope you don't disappear :bigsmile:
    Esther
  • babysteps
    Options
    My goals for September will be:

- lose 8 lbs
    - drink 12 glasses of water daily
    - do a 30 minute elliptical workout five days a week

Take care,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    My goals for August were not met. I had goal of 10 pounds and lost 5. I ate well and drank my water. I did exercise but slacked off towards the end of month.
    Today is the first day of Sept and I started out great. I spent 80 minutes at gym burning 1000 calories and so far ate great.
    My September goals are to lose 8 pounds, to bump up my workouts a little and find some new healthy foods to try. Also I need to get back to planning my meals. This helped me a lot and I have not been doing this lately. I look forward to another great month sharing with you wonderful ladies. Glad to see new people or maybe old people I just did not know.
    Vicki M.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Okay help someone. I forgot how to put my goals under my ticker. Refresh my old mine please.
    Vicki M
  • Grammymax
    Options
    My Home then Settings ten Update Signatue Forum.
    Hope that helps.
    Esther
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I just lost 1 pound in August and I am glad of it considering how stressfull everything has been.

For Septemer my goals are to:
    focus on really trying to drink water every day.
    Excercise at least 5 days out of 7 at home
    Walk 3-4 days at work.
    Be accurrate on reporting what I eat

If I do those things, I should loose 4 pounds this month.

Everyone (in the states) get ready for our long holiday weekend! Prepare now for good choices.

Jeannie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Greetings lovely ladies!!!

:flowerforyou: Esther, it's a new month! Out with the old...in with the new! That's what I like about new beginnings:happy:

:flowerforyou: Barb, I hope when you wake up you'll have new energy and new goals:laugh: :laugh:

:flowerforyou: MacMadame, What a journey you've been on! You look great! God Bless and keep on keeping on!:happy:

:flowerforyou: Aleanerme, you've lost 8 lbs ---You can lose the rest!!! Good luck:happy:

:flowerforyou: Mary, I hope you lose your goal weight so it doesn't hurt to walk....ouch! That's a lot of incentive.:wink:

:flowerforyou: Benson, a good September, to you!:happy:

:flowerforyou: Barbie, you ARE such an inspiration!!!! If you can do it....so can I! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Deborah, I'm new too. I'd like to lose 2 lbs a week....let's see how it goes:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:flowerforyou: Vicki and Jeannie, it's a new month and a new start! You can make it count:happy: :happy: :happy:

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!
    :smooched: BirdieM
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    My goals for August were not met. I had goal of 10 pounds and lost 5. I ate well and drank my water. I did exercise but slacked off towards the end of month.
    Today is the first day of Sept and I started out great. I spent 80 minutes at gym burning 1000 calories and so far ate great.
    My September goals are to lose 8 pounds, to bump up my workouts a little and find some new healthy foods to try. Also I need to get back to planning my meals. This helped me a lot and I have not been doing this lately. I look forward to another great month sharing with you wonderful ladies. Glad to see new people or maybe old people I just did not know.
    Vicki M.

Considering the age of the title of this thread, aren't we all "old people"?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Somedays I feel older than other days. :bigsmile:

I will try to post my goals tonight. No time now.

Barb
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I did not loose 1 ounce in August :sad:.

My goals for September are to lose 8 pounds. Drink all my water daily, and lay off the carbs as they seem to be my downfall. I also have not been posting well so I need to get remotivated on all fronts. My schedule has been just crazy, days ending at 10:30pm, I need more time for me!!!! (She whined) Enough old girl get busy!
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    I would love to join you! I am 56 years old. And I got a grandson on March 24th, and another on July 24th, 29 minutes before my birthday. I am LOVING the grandmother thing! I need to make sure I stick around for a while!
  • babysteps
    Options
    I also love the grandmother thing (although I still think we're all far too young to be grandparents) :laugh:

I hope everyone enjoyed their day and look forward to talking to you tomorrow. Remember to drink water tonight and no snacking after 8pm!!!

Take care,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Lose 8 pounds this month
    Weights 2-3times/week
    Cardio 4-5 times a week
    Drink 8 glasses/water daily
  • Grammymax
    Options
    Welcome churchlady - and any other new posters. This is an awesome thread. Lots of encouragement here for you.
    Esther