WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good job Doobiedoo! Small steps lead to great success!
    Esther
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Esther and Doobiedo on the weight loss. Good for you. yes Doobiddo under 200 is wonderful. You will get there. I NEVER want to see 200 again.
    I went to grandparent's day at granddaughter's school today. We had lunch. I was anxious about it cause never know what they are serving. they had gumbo (chicken), veggies, fruit, some peanut butter stuff and potato salad. I chose the gumbo of which I ate about half, the fruit and veggies I did not even take the potato salad or peanut butter stuff. When I logged in it was really a good lunch and it filled me up. Worried for nothing. Will go work out in a while before picking up 3 little ones at preschool. I love days like today when we have so many that have logged on. I love to read about all of you. I will log on again later. Have a good day ladies.
    Vicki M
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Just checking in.
    My food has been good but my spirits are running rather low. A difficult discussion with a loved one last night and this morning an email from one of my daughters who sounds like she's at a very bad place in her head and heart. :brokenheart: I know she suffers from clinical depression as I do, but she doesn't take the time to address it! She is so busy taking care of her kids, husband, her house, her band (she's a lead singer in a rock group), her financial situation is always in a shambles no matter how hard she tries etc. She prays, and thank God for that, but sometimes when you're out of control, you need counseling or even some medication. I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE IN TOO MUCH MEDICATION AS IT CAN MAKE YOU A ZOMBIE, but sometimes, just a little if you feel like you've hit bottom. If I didn't know that she does not believe in suicide (it goes very much against our beliefs and she has said , more than once, that it would never be an option for her) I would be afraid that she is heading there.
    Please say a prayer for her, she's such a wonderful person but does have many burdens. :frown:
    Birdie:frown:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Birdie: It is so hard when our children hurt. We hurt double - for them and for ourselves. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Esther
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Thank you Esther.
    Birdie
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I swam yesterday! So now I just have to make myself swim on the weekend and I'll have swum 2x this week. Yeah!
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening family:smile:
    :brokenheart: Birdie, I have had three family members try to commit suicide and it is a very scary situation. By the grace of God they were not successful. My one sister was diagnosed as Bi-polar Manic Depressive, went on medication and is now doing well. My other sister was an alcoholic and my husbands brother was a drug addict. They are now drug and alcohol free and also doing well. I will pray for your daughter that she finds the help she needs. All we can do is love them, be there when they need to talk and pray. Many hugs I am sending your way :love: :smooched: :love:
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations Esther on your weight loss.:happy:
    :flowerforyou: Doobie I really love your new picture. Congratulations, keep up the momentum you will be under 200 in no time.:smile:
    :flowerforyou: Vicki M. Great willpower. I really need to work on mine. When I'm stressed all I want to do
    is eat and these day stress is my middle name.:laugh:
    :flowerforyou: MacMadame, you go girl. I have not been swimming at all this year.

I ate a few things I shouldn't have today, but I walked 4 miles this evening and still have 137 calories left. Got on the scale this morning (just to see how much damage my bad eating had done) and to my surprise:noway: I am down another pound. It is an unofficial pound :laugh: though 'cus my regular weigh in day is Monday. I am suffering from Matthew withdrawals cause they left for Arizona this morning:sad: Everyone have a wonderful evening / day / morning. I keep forgetting you are spread all over the place and not in the same time zone:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Rosemary
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Hello Everyone,:bigsmile:

I had a tennis match today which means food. I did pretty well as far as my calories go. Plenty of exercise calories because I did a spin class this evening as well as my match.:smokin:

Rosemary we are genius hahahahaha:devil: not really I open up a word document and type in after I read each persons post. Then read the next post and add my comment to them. After reading all the posts and mentioning all that have achieved weight loss asked a question etc .I copy and paste my word document where it says reply. Someone explained it when I first started I was like you in awe but was too intimidated to ask the question I feel a little insecure with technology.:blushing:

Good luck Barb with your weigh in.

Alice think how much you will enjoy that soup this winter. Yummmmmmmmy:love:

Kathy I understand exactly what you mean when my mom first got ill the bad habits called me and I also ate for comfort.:mad: I may always do this to a degree but the encouragement that I have received here as well as my desire to lose this weight once and for all has keep me coming back. I love the fact that you haven’t given up you have just had a set back we all have them. Life is so hard and when we go through hard time’s food does give comfort. :blushing: Just don’t give in too long and know that you can talk with us and we will ALWAYS encourage you to eat right drink your water do your exercise and most importantly forgive yourself when you slip up.:flowerforyou: You are like the rest of us human we make mistake we make bad choices but we can and will grow from our mistakes. Keep up the fight and know you are not alone we all care!

Great job Esther on the weight loss. :flowerforyou:

Congrats Doobiedoo we will all do the happy under 200 lb dance for you.:happy:

Vicki glad you enjoyed grandparent’s day and made wise food choices you rock.

Birdie will pray for your daughter.:heart:

Good night everyone,

Lynn
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.

Well I am happy to report that Mai Li is a very SMART little girl. We started the ear cleaning/medication application routine yesterday morning. She started getting "snappy" with me when I started the clean process, so I put the muzzle on her that I borrowed from the vet. She tried arguing, without success, and her ears were irrigated and cleaned out. I removed the muzzle and petted her, gave her a treat, told her she was a good girl, etc. A half hour later, it was time to apply meds, and I managed to get drops in one ear without incident, but when it came time for the other ear, I detected a decided lack of cooperation:laugh: so I told her "we can do this the easy way or the hard way." When I got a "snappy" response, the muzzle was put in place, and she resigned herself to her fate.

Last night, I tried ear cleaning, and no muzzle was needed, same for meds. This morning, the same thing, so it appears she has figured out life is much more pleasant when she cooperates. My fingers and my frazzled nerves are grateful.

As for Bradley the Yorkie. He is one step closer to a new home---with me, it appears:laugh: (Whatta ya mean, you already had that figured out??:laugh: :laugh: Once again, I am the last to know!!:laugh:) After seeing him today, I have arranged for a "canine summit meeting" on Sunday, with Pepper, Mai Li and Bradley. If there is no apparent animosity, I will get ready to welcome a "new baby" into the household.

Today, I took my mom to a clinic near where my friend with all the Yorkies lives and we stopped to visit. I have only met Bradley briefly when he was about 3, and I soon discovered he is a sweet, mellow, very love able boy. I took some pics, so as soon as I get a chance to take them out of my phone and save them to the pc, I will post them, as well as some pictures of my friend's yard and her very cute laundry room. I know "cute" isn't usually something you think of when one says laundry room, but you will see what I mean.

Anyway, one more day of early rising on Friday and then I can sleep in on Saturday.:yawn:

Even though I am not commenting on other's posts, I do read every one. For anyone having a difficult time with life, family related issues, cravings, or anything else, my prayers are with you.:flowerforyou: For those experiencing positive weight loss outcomes, my congratulations.:drinker: :drinker:

Good bye for now.

Barb
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday evening, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We’ve had some nice weather so the dogs had a great day at the dog park and I spent some time in the yard pulling weeds. Jake hurt his back standing on the cement floor at the fair for two twelve hours days and the chiropractor told him no golf, :sad: no cutting the grass,:sad: and to ice his back every two hours and he’ll be fine in a few days. He was able to fix lunch today----soup made with lots of fresh veggies and the last of the salmon that a friend caught for us.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: Alice, your soup sounds great. You are going to be so happy this winter when you can get it out and eat it. It’s worth all the effort.

:bigsmile: Georg, thanks for all the reminders about the good reasons for drinking water.:drinker:

:bigsmile: Barb, your reason for drinking water is great also. :drinker: :laugh: Bradley, the Yorkie, will be a very lucky and happy dog if he comes to live with you and your darling doggies. Of course, we all knew you'd be the best choice to take him. I'm so glad you were able to do ear medicine and keep all your fingers attached :laugh: :laugh: If you give enough treats, Mai Li will start bringing you the medicine and ask to be medicated.

:bigsmile: Kathy, I’m cheering you on. You’ve had success before and you can do it again. Keep positing. I love hearing from you. Have you painted anything lately?

:bigsmile: Esther, congratulations on your weight loss

:bigsmile: Becky, I miss you. I’m thinking good thoughts about you getting your own computer again. Can’t you find some reason to punish your kids and keep them off the computer for awhile so you can use it? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Doobiedoo, congratulations on your weight loss. I’m cheering you on to get below 200. You can do it.

:bigsmile: Vicki, you are becoming an expert on making good food choices in awkward and strange situations.

:bigsmile: Birdie, I’ll be thinking good thoughts about your daughter. Take care of yourself and let God take care of her.

:bigsmile: MacMadame, good work on the swimming. It’s such good exercise.

:bigsmile: Lynn, you do some very impressive exercise. I admire your energy and stamina.

:bigsmile: Rosemary, you are so great at doing the exercise you need to deal with the “naughty” food you eat sometimes. Thanks for the reminders about water. :drinker: :drinker: Every time I read a post from you I go to the kitchen and drink a glass of water.

So I’m going to remember to count my blessings and drink my water.:drinker:
    Hugs to all:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Barbie
    :yawn:
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I'm doing the happy dance! :happy: After a month long plateau, I'm thrilled to say my scale is finally moving again. First time I've been under 180 in years and years!

We got our yard in and our carport to garage conversion almost finished ~all but the painting ~ so now maybe I will have time to post on the thread daily like I used to do.

Glad to see new ladies have been added since I last posted. Time to go drink my high protein fruit smoothie and do some fast walking with Leslie. :drinker:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow you losers are amazing. Congratulations Susan on your jump off the plateau. :flowerforyou:
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Ester, Doobiedo and Suezzque- congradulations ladies on the weightloss and getting the scale moving down again!

Birdie- I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My Dad (89 turning 90 next month) and my son (14 both have battles with depression. Between the two of them I've learned about depression. There are a lot of resources for you and her on the internet and hopefully in your community that can help. Good luck and keep us updated.

I'm home today as Dad fell yesterday and hurt his knee. Luckily, he is able today to put some weight on it. He has short term memory loss and while he was in the bathroom shaving forgot he fell and walked out to the living room with his walker. It hurt and he moved slowly, but he did it. I was standing in the doorway to his room with his wheelchair ready to make him push himself out there. So, I just followed him in case he couldn't do it. I will probably follow him the whole weekend just to be safe. When he sat down he looked very puzzled as to why the wheelchair was out and I had to remind him of what had happened. lol

Since I'm home my goals today are to get some housecleaning done and excercise for an hour instead of 30 minutes.

Have a great Friday!

Jeannie
  • BirdieM
    Options
    :smooched: Thank you all for the prayers and kind thoughts regarding my daughter. Food is a comforter, as you said Lynn, and being upset yesterday thru me off a little. :grumble: I had regular ranch dressing instead of the light and it put me over 150 calories.:angry: But then I felt that I wasn’t doing myself any favors by punishing myself for things I have no control over, so I went on my treadmill for 30 minutes and exercised the calories off.:happy: :happy:

:wink: Today is a new day! My food is good and my spirits are better.:happy:

:heart: Kathy! You can do It. One day at a time….one minute at a time!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Becky: Hope you can get the computer from your kids!! Tell them that you have dibs on it!!:laugh:

:heart: Doobie: Congrates on the 2 lbs lost! We’ll all do the “under 200” dance when you get there, which will be soon!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Esther: Also congrats! So much inspiration to us all!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Vicki: You are so busy! From Princess BD Parties to Grandparents day at school to preschool pick ups!! Just goes to show you that no matter how busy you are, you can still be focused on good eating!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

:heart: MacMadame: Go for it! I wish I could swim. I just float!:laugh: :laugh:

:heart: Rosemarie: You have been through a lot and are so positive.:smile: Thank you for your thoughts! Congrats on that one lb! :flowerforyou: Maybe it’s not “unofficial” and maybe it will stick!

:heart: Lynn: What energy!! Like you, I’m beginning to think of exercise as food because when I don’t exercise…I’m so limited on the calories!:noway:

:heart: Barb: Good luck with the with the “Canine summit meeting” on Sunday!!:laugh: :laugh:

:heart: Barbie: Sorry to hear about Jake’s back. I hope he’s back on the golf course soon!
    I love Salmon, and of course when we went to Alaska last year, we had the best. Have you ever had “smoked” Salmon? It seems to be a delicacy up in the north western parts of the country, and we loved it!

:heart: Susan: Congrats on the weight loss! I am hoping to be under 180 soon, too! Can’t wait to be where YOU are!!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Alice: Just noticed the saying under your ticker! “I don't mind being over the hill, I just don't want to roll down the other side.” How true!

:heart: Jeannie: Hope your dad’s knee is better today. It’s sad when they start forgetting. :frown: He’s lucky to have you! :flowerforyou:

Again thanks to all for the kind and helpful thoughts! :heart:

BirdiM:smooched:
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Barbie, it is too bad that this isn't the weekend that my kids go to their dad's. I could get the computer more when they are gone.

:flowerforyou: SuziQ, here is another flower for you.:flowerforyou: It feels sooooo good to have the scales going down.

Have to go...my son is having problems.:brokenheart:
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Lynn- You are a genius.:happy: I use word for everything, I should have thought of it.
    :flowerforyou: Barb- I know that ear cleaning thing can be a lot of bother.:huh: We have a 13 year old, huge, German Shepherd who has had ear infections since she was a puppy. When she was first diagnosed at about 3 months and eighty pounds. I would have to literally throw her down and lay across her in order to clean her ears and then put the medicine in. It was a very funny sight to see me wrestling with this puppy.:laugh: I bet I burned allot of calories. After about a week of this she finally decided to cooperate. She weighs over a hundred pounds now and ever since all I have to do is tell her to come and sit and she lets me do anything I want to her. Giving her a bath was a whole other game back then too. Now I just point to the tub, she jumps in, I wet her down, get in the tub with her with my bathing suit on and soap her from neck to tail (carefully avoiding the ears and wash her face with a rag) and then rinsing her. Thank god we have a shower head on a long hose which makes this allot easier. When I’m done I say shake and she shakes most of the water off in to the enclosed tub. When she gets out of the tub she shakes again and I am wiping water off the walls for the next half hour. Then I take a shower. I love her to death, but the next dog I get will be small enough to go into the sink to get a bath.:tongue:
    :flowerforyou: Susan- Congratulations… I am doing the happy dance for you. I am hoping to get there by November 1st.
    :flowerforyou: Barbie- Hope your hubby is “back” up to “par” soon (sorry I couldn’t resist):devil:
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT." This is so true especially when it come to Weight loss and BROWNIES
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I am going to try Leslie Sansone “Walk Slim” 4 Fast miles disc 2 tonight.( I got it from NetFlix) I did disc 1 last month. Everyone have a joyous weekend and remember
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: That water, Rosemary
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

:bigsmile: Barb, your reason for drinking water is great also. :drinker: :laugh: Bradley, the Yorkie, will be a very lucky and happy dog if he comes to live with you and your darling doggies. Of course, we all knew you'd be the best choice to take him. I'm so glad you were able to do ear medicine and keep all your fingers attached :laugh: :laugh: If you give enough treats, Mai Li will start bringing you the medicine and ask to be medicated....

Barbie
    :yawn:

Mai Li's "treat" is a "Greenies" "pill pocket--a wonderful product that is the consistency of cookie dough, with a hole in the center. You put the pill or pills inside, roll it around in your fingers to seal it up and the doggie is so happy to receive it the pill goes down before they realize they have taken it:laugh: :laugh: If you have every tried to give a pill to a dog who can see no reason to swallow it, you will appreciate how wonderful an idea this is!:drinker: :drinker:

If she really does get into the treats, she will weigh 40 lbs instead of 26.!!:noway:

I am so glad the week is over. I am all tired out, was going to walk when I finshed some extra work today at 4p, but after taking the doggies out for a quickie, I sat down at the computer and now I don't feel like moving. It is time for dinner and I am beginning to think that a can of soup is good enough for me as I am too lazy to do anything!!

Congrats Suzzeque on conquering your plateau. I am going to try and shake mine loose by zig zagging on Saturday. It is time to visit Pepper's "mom and dad"--my friends with the dog kennel who live near Hood River. This time we are not barbecuing. I am going to drive up there and we are going to go out to dinner and let someone ELSE do all the dishes for a change!! It was the hubby's idea--he is usually in charge of clean up and I think he is too worn out from farming to feel like cleaning up the kitchen after I have been in it:laugh: :laugh: !!

Have a good weekend :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    It's me again..........
    :frown: All of a sudden I don't feel so good. :sick: I think I am coming down with a sinus infection or something, eye hurts, stuffy nose and headache, stomach starting to feel queasy. No exercise for me tonight.:sad: I am bone tired, think I'll take a sinus pill and just go to bed:yawn: Night all
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Laurel

It must be going around. I have an earache, headache, sinus combination. :angry: Just not up to snuff today. Hope you feel better soon!!

I am calling it a night as well, I think I'll drink more water and have a decongestant.

Good Night All
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    I have been very busy today and this is the first time I have had to read the posts. I am so excited to read so many. I read them all very quickly so I am not even going to try to comment. But I am so glad you are all doing so well. I really appreciate all the comments and good wishes. I have a confession. Last night for some strange reason I ate ice cream. I was not hungry, I was not upset or sad or anything I just wanted ice cream. I only ate about 1/2 to 1 cup. I did not even feel guilty. I just ate it and then got up this morning and went on like usual. That is a major milestone for me. In the past I would have felt guilty and then proceeded to eat everything in sight and given up. You all give me such great compliements I just felt I had to be honest about this. I dont want to give anyone any cravings but I just love the taste, the texture the whole ice cream experience. I guess that is what I needed last night. I dd not gobble it. I savored it and enjoyed it. I hope I can forget about it so I dont do it again often. Just in case I will not buy it for a while. I buy it for my son and grandkids and usually dont even touch it. Anyway it was so good to hear from all of you. Hubby comes home on Sunday. YES!!! Tomorrow we are going wedding dress shopping with niece/godchild. It will be fun. Have a good Saturday.
    Vicki M