WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,969 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    We are all the biggest losers. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I want to add my vote for chiropractors as the people to see if there's anything going on with your body. I was a skeptic until I went to one and now I sing their praises.

Jake is home and I don't know who was happiest----him, me, or the dogs. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He got home about 8:30 this morning and after taking care of some business phone calls and giving me a chance to take the dogs to the dog park he invited me to walk with him for nine holes on the golf course. This is his second time walking nine holes. He hasn't been able to walk to play golf for at least ten years. the great Isagenix nutrition and his 60 pound weight loss are responsible for his great health and energy. Tomorrow he plans to try walking eighteen holes (I won't be going). It was a nice walk today and we enjoyed being together but there are too many times when the non-golfer has to stand still and not be a distraction.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hugs to all:heart:
    Barbie
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Since I have found this site I have been doing well in terms of keeping a food diary and exercising. I also joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago, but since finding MFP, I have found it easier to count calories than points. I joined on a special and like the group meetings, but love this site. Since signing up here, I have been motivated to exercise regularly. I don't leave the house without my trusty pedometer and try to get in my 10,000 steps daily. Every other day I am adding strength training also.

(I wanted to say to Lynn (l_mahloy) that interestingly, my mother turned 80 on Saturday too! Weird coincidence.)

P.S. I am a little intimidated at having to weigh-in at tomorrow night's meeting. I am afraid I haven't lost despite my best efforts. I'll have to wait and see . . . :flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Well Mai Li is now the little girl with gold plated ears--$134 worth to be exact--:noway: thanks to my vet discovering she had both a yeast infection (in both ears) AND a bacterial infection in her right ear. I don't know how a dog can go from being perfectly healthy 3 weeks ago, when she was seen for something else, to now this.

We have two kinds of pills to take, and the fun part, the meds that go IN the ear. She is NOT a cooperative patient, so for the sake of retaining all my fingers, I borrowed a muzzle from the vets office. The next two weeks are not going to be fun.:grumble:

As for Bradley the Yorkie, if it weren't for bad luck at finding a home, he would have none at all. The first neighbor that I told about him was interested, BUT she was just told she has a spot on her lung and possibly the cancer she had been treated for a couple of years ago is putting in a return visit, so she doesn't want to take the responsibility right now, which I can understand.

The second neighbor had actually decided to take him, or so she says, BUT she went to the doctor for a pain in her arm, and he thinks it might be a cardiac issue (she has a history of atrial fibrillation), so she doesn't want to make any decisions right now, so I have a feeling he may be coming home with me in another week or two. I have an out of town trip to make to Seattle by the end of the month and I already told my friend I wanted to wait until after if I were going to take him.

Thursday afternoon, we are having a doggie playdate so my two can meet with him and see what happens.

SwissMiss, it is too bad you live in Ohio. It sounds like your dog lives in "Yorkie heaven." :laugh:

Barb
  • Lianne95519
    Lianne95519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Wow there sure is a lot going on.:noway: Life on life’s terms while we work daily to make healthy choices. I traveled to San Jose this week end and took my little blender so I could stay on my eating program. I did pretty darn good (not perfect) and managed not to gain or lose this week. The drive was about 7 hours one way and I went down on Saturday and back on Sunday. Well both of my knees were so sore :grumble: Sunday night. :angry: Monday better and today only the left is still achy so no exercising since Thursday. I think it was driving that did it. So I hope tomorrow I will be able to do a light workout but I will wait until I am sure.
    I gave up soda last year due to migraines though I still get them but I do believe I feel better overall.
    I have enjoyed reading all the posts and always feel invigorated to stick to it and drink my water.:drinker: :drinker:
    Time to go to bed. I have 2 :heart: dogs, 1 :heart: cat and a :heart: :heart: husband already sleeping so good night to all.

Lianne
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    This week I am really working on water (which I really don't like to drink) and increasing my excercise time from 30 minutes a day to 40.

Does anyone know if I can count a cup of tea as water as long as there isn't anything in it?

Thanks,

Jeannie

PS: I just love all the new pet pictures!
  • barbiecat
    Options

Does anyone know if I can count a cup of tea as water as long as there isn't anything in it?

I drink unsweetened herb tea and count it as water. I drink one or two cups of hot or iced tea and all the rest of what I drink is filtered (not tap) water.
    Barbie
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Today I weighed in and lost another lb. That’s 11 lbs since Aug. 14th.:happy: I was hoping for 2 but if I lose slower and exercise more maybe I won’t hang as much when I get to my goal! :laugh: Anyways, I’m grateful that I lost… as last night I was feeling bloated :noway: and wasn’t really sure if I was going to lose at all, never mind 2 lbs! :wink:

I have never watched biggest loser but apparently I am missing a good show. I do agree with Vicki about having our own biggest losers on this web site! :flowerforyou:

:heart: Vicki: Sounds like an A+ day for you! Keep it up…I need the positive input!!

:heart: Georg: As you go up to 100 degrees, here in RI we’re dipping into the 60’s but I have to say I love it! The air smells so fresh and it’s so invigorating! Can’t wait for the foliage! Nature’s way of showing off!!:laugh:
    Any Scuba diving lately??:huh:

:heart: Lynn: I am so impressed with how active you are! :flowerforyou: I wish I could do half the things you do!

:heart: Rosemary: SNAKES!!!! OMG! :noway: :noway: If my bike were in that shed…it would stay there a good long time! :noway: Can’t say I blame you for not venturing in there!!! Walk, walk, walk, drink, drink, and drink!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:heart: Peschuntz: I get weighed at home, the same day of the week, the same time of day, first thing in the morning before I get dressed or eat, and I go by that. My first weigh in at home showed I lost 3 lbs, :happy: but my doctor’s scale, the next day, said something else. :grumble: Weight Watchers may be off as you are wearing clothes (at least I hope so!! :laugh: :laugh: ) so to me it’s not as accurate. You’ve got nothing to lose by getting weighed (no pun intended) and you may be pleasantly surprised!:wink:

:heart: Barb: All those doggie problems! :noway: Poor you! I hope Bradley finds a home and you don’t fall apart trying to rescue them all!:bigsmile:

:heart: Lianne: I once went from RI to Ohio and back on the same weekend and I got a back ache from sitting so long.:frown: I too, don’t exercise when my back (or knees) bother me. There’s always tomorrow!:bigsmile:

:heart: Jeanne: Do you drink your water real cold and with a straw? I find I drink more water when I drink it that way and isn’t so hard! :bigsmile:

:heart: Barbie: Glad your hubby’s home and you got to walk the golf course for 9 holes! That sounds like, not only, good exercise but enjoyable exercise as well (especially with hubby :love: ). 18 holes while being quiet as a mouse can be a real challenge though!! :angry:
    I need to go online and check out these Isageniz products. They sound like they would be a great help in losing weight. Both you and your husband have had such incredible success with it! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

So many people have been giving this chiropractor thing such positive input I am thinking of going to get evaluated.

Sorry this was so long but haven’t checked in since last night! Have a great day….evening…or night all!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

BirdieM:smooched:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options

:heart: Jeanne: Do you drink your water real cold and with a straw? I find I drink more water when I drink it that way and isn’t so hard! :bigsmile:
    BirdieM:smooched:

I used to always use a straw because I drink more water that way as well. However, I had noticed that I was getting deep lines on my lips and looked in the mirror while sucking on a straw!!! :noway: That's when I quit using a straw!!! I don't like those lines on my face :laugh: :laugh:

Tomorrow is our Biggest Loser meeting at CURVES and I have done pretty well. I need the accountability of weighing in weekly and attending the class. Today I have had an awful chocolate craving so I stopped and got a 90% cocoa bar (our leader said that is the route to go if we couldn't get our mind off of the chocolate). Well, believe me - I won't be eating the whole bar because it is not the sweet creamy chocolate but ... I don't have a craving anymore :bigsmile:

Have a great evening everyone.

Esther
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Esther: Good luck at your Curves meeting! Regarding the water with a straw????? OMG Maybe I should watch myself in the mirror :noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: Never thought of that!! :ohwell:
    BirdieM:wink:
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Hi All,

I also love the Biggest Loser it really spurs me on I try and do some cardio during part of it. I actually love the competition between them I think they are both incredible trainers. I love the show this season looks like it is going to be very emotional.:sad:

Faith don’t fear the scale sometimes it moves in the right direction sometimes it doesn’t but if you are faithful with the exercise the water and logging your food you WILL lose weight. Plus you will have plenty of cheerleaders on this site. Good luck on your weigh in.:flowerforyou:

Barb to bad about your neighbor’s health issues and you never know this pup may be a perfect match for your family of pups. So sorry you have a sick one I love my Maddie so much I would hate for her to be ill.

Good luck to everyone weighting in tomorrow.:wink:

Lynn
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barbie, Ester and BirdieM-

Thanks for the feedback on the water. I didn't realize until I read your posts, but yes, I do drink more water if it is cold. I will start putting my water in the fridge at work and always adding ice at home to see it that helps. With the weather getting colder I will also add my cup of tea back into the routine at work.

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:flowerforyou: Just checking in to say congrats to all who have lost weight this week:drinker: and keeping my fingers crossed for those of you who are weighing in tomorrow.:wink: I know you can "lose it" :happy:

:flowerforyou: I drink my water Ice cold or room temperature depending on the time of day. When I first get up in the morning and if I get up during the night it has to be ice cold, but during the day I can drink it room temperature.

:flowerforyou: To Barb, Birdie, Lynn and Esther...how do you remember to mention everyone. You are an inspiration to me. I suffer from CRS (can't remember _ _ _ _ stuff :laugh: ) I may not mention everyone here but I say a prayer each night for those of us who are struggling, who are having health issues and thank God for bringing you all into my life. Your stories make me laugh, smile and cry. :heart:
    I managed to get in 40 minutes of interval walking. I walked a block jogged a block walked a block jogged a block etc. etc. While pushing Matthew in his car. It really got my heart pumpin and by body sweatin. Now I am Exhausted and am going to bed early.:yawn: Everyone sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Rosemary
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    "Georg: As you go up to 100 degrees, here in RI we’re dipping into the 60’s but I have to say I love it! The air smells so fresh and it’s so invigorating! Can’t wait for the foliage! Nature’s way of showing off!!laugh
    Any Scuba diving lately??huh "

I'm jealous of your fall weather!:grumble:
    No more diving until June. :sad: I'm in drydock until summer.

I love my water ice cold. I use an insulated glass & the ice doesn't melt so quickly & the glass doesn't sweat as much. I carry it around all day & evening.
    :heart: I love my water!:heart:
    I find that staying hydrated
    :heart: keeps me regular,
    :bigsmile: keeps me from eating as much
    :heart: keeps me from getting tired & gripey
    :bigsmile: keeps me from swelling in the heat
    :heart: keeps me from retaining water
  • barbiecat
    Options
    Hi Everybody, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    My step count for the day is going to be low because I spent a lovely long afternoon with two friends, knitting and talking. Before I started this fitness and weight loss journey I did a lot of knitting but gave it up in favor of walking and riding the exercise bike. We sat at the table in a beautiful home high on a hill with a view across the straits to Vancouver Island.

:flowerforyou: Becky, I love your cat picture. I’m surprised that my cats haven’t knocked down the computer or some other valuable item :laugh:
    :flowerforyou: Peschuntz----I joined your step counting club and hope lots of the women on this thread will join us.

:flowerforyou: Barb,I feel for you with your ailing dog and all the medications you need to deal with. Jake has had to deal with a lot of ear related poodle medicines here and it’s no fun. The only thing worse is cats that require medication. :laugh: I hope Mai Li is feeling better very soon.:heart:

:flowerforyou: Lianne, congratulations on taking your healthy food with you. I’m sorry that your knees had such a hard time on the trip. I hope there was still room in bed for you when you got there.

:flowerforyou: Birdie, congratulations on losing another pound. Keep doing what you’ve been doing and you’ll be shedding even more before long. Good luck on finding a good chiropractor. We’ve had good luck in two different cities.

:flowerforyou: Esther, I have a chocolate protein shake for breakfast every morning so that may be why I’m not searching for chocolate at any other time. Peanut butter is what calls to me. If I have an especially low calorie/high exercise day I rejoice because it means that I can have peanut butter. Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow.

:flowerforyou: Lynn, I’ve never watched The Biggest Loser but at your recommendation I set my DVR to record it so I can watch it and see how I feel about it.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie, sometimes I like my water cold and sometimes room temperature. It was cold today so I had hot tea morning and evening.

:flowerforyou: Rosemary, I agree about how important you all are to me. I couldn’t do this without you. One of the friends I spent the afternoon with was so full of excuses about how cooking for her husband makes it impossible for her to lose weight. I need positive input like yours.:heart:

:flowerforyou: Vicki, you continue to inspire me.:heart:

Tomorrow is my weigh in day
    I’m connected to another thread with a Thursday weigh in. Will my low step count and high peanut butter consumption make a difference? :laugh: Only time will tell.

Hugs to all :heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    "Georg: As you go up to 100 degrees, here in RI we’re dipping into the 60’s but I have to say I love it! The air smells so fresh and it’s so invigorating! Can’t wait for the foliage! Nature’s way of showing off!!laugh
    Any Scuba diving lately??huh "

I'm jealous of your fall weather!:grumble:
    No more diving until June. :sad: I'm in drydock until summer.

I love my water ice cold. I use an insulated glass & the ice doesn't melt so quickly & the glass doesn't sweat as much. I carry it around all day & evening.
    :heart: I love my water!:heart:
    I find that staying hydrated
    :heart: keeps me regular,
    :bigsmile: keeps me from eating as much
    :heart: keeps me from getting tired & gripey
    :bigsmile: keeps me from swelling in the heat
    :heart: keeps me from retaining water

I think you forgot one more thing that staying hydrated does...
    encourages more walking, or running :laugh: back and forth to the powder room!!:laugh: :laugh:

Barb
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All

Gorgeous morning here. My dogs are out to play and having a good run in the cool fall air.
    I am maintaining my program but not seeing progress in the weight department. My endurance is up, I have more muscle, and I feel good. All three are blessings.

I know, enough with the canning, but thats what I do at this time of year in my spare time. Yesterday evening I canned 16 quarts of tomatoe vegetable soup. Really low cal goodness.
    It looks like summer in a jar, sitting on the pantry shelf.

It is so wonderful to read all your posts. Have an outstanding today!

Alice
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies

I'm am so behind on my reading.

Things around here have been crazy. I try so hard to get back on track but it is so hard at this time. I weigh just about the same as I did last year at this time. So, I am lucky I did not go over and beyond. However, it is a constant struggle to get motivated.

I've had some family problems that really put me back these past few months. My husband is so very kind and supportive with me. I know I personally can't change things that other people do but some how, but when it is someone very close , I seem to worry a lot and grab the food that has always been my comfort place. It is very difficult for me not using food to calm my nerves. That is how I got heavy, in the first place. If only I could get that motivation that I had when I first started MFP.

So I am going to start some goals today.
    :flowerforyou: Read at least 1 page of the post everyday for inspiration.
    :flowerforyou: Drink my water.
    :flowerforyou: Count my calories and log them in.
    :flowerforyou: lose 1 pound by next Thursday.
    :flowerforyou: Exercise at least 30mins a day.
    :flowerforyou: Check in at least on Thursday and log my results.

Thanks so much for all your support
    :heart: Kathy
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies:

I can't drink ICE COLD water. It's too cold so my water is usually room temperature or hot. Goes down easier for me.

Rosemary: That’s a great workout. :flowerforyou: The jogging/walking WHILE pushing your little guy! Good Job!

Kathy: It is sooooooo good to hear from you. You have been missed.:happy: I am the same way with worrying about others when I can’t do a thing about it. Wasted energy to do that but I understand. Hang in there and follow your goals. They are great ones.

I weighed in and have lost 2.5 #. :happy: My goal was 2 so I guess I accomplished it. Now I’m hoping for another 2 by next weigh in - Thursday next week.

Have a great day everyone.

Esther
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    :heart: Not having a computer is horrible. I miss everyone. I am doing this at work on my lunch hour. I can't even input my foods because the kids are always on their computer.:mad:
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I'm happy today because I lost 2 more pounds this past week!! 200 is getting closer in view every week. Just think, by the end of the year I will be below the 200 mark, never to return!! Yay!!:drinker: Thank you for your encouragement and good advice. You are all the best!!:flowerforyou: