WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Well, it must be time for me to get caught up! :smile:
    I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted.
    Work has been crazy busy - up & down - very time consuming.
    Last weekend we went to hubby's family reunion & had a wonderful time. I didn't even gain an ounce! :bigsmile:
    This week I have company, which doesn't look like it will let up until maybe Sunday. :huh:
    :heart:
    There's been a lot of activity here lately. Y'all have a good week & keep up the good work!
    :heart:
  • BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hello again. I'm at work so can't post too much. I went to see my mom last night after work and got home late, so I'm a little tired today!:yawn:
    My food was a little under but not on purpose. The day just got away from me.:indifferent:

Here's another question regarding this site. Under "goals" I am trying to put that I want to lose 2 lbs a week. They keep calculating it for 1 lb. a week no matter what I do. My mom is having the same problem. I t keeps setting her up for .6 lbs a week and that's not what we're entering in the "change goals" sections. Any ideas????:huh:

BirdieM:love:
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Are you using guided or custom? I use custom and I sent to whatever I want. The site might ***** at me that I've set my calorie goals too low, but it lets me do it.
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Just a quick hello.
    Lost two pounds which is a total of 98 pounds.
    Lifted weights this morning. Felt great.
    Am well on my way of losing 8 pounds this month.
    Drank 4 glasses of water and for the first time this week will reach my water goal of 8 glasses!
    :tongue: Yay!!

219594.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Are you using guided or custom? I use custom and I sent to whatever I want. The site might ***** at me that I've set my calorie goals too low, but it lets me do it.

I am using guided because I don't want to do anything unhealthy. But I'm sure you're right, that I could put whatever I want with the custom set up.

Don't you have to use up 3000 calories a week to lose 1 lb?:noway:

If so I think that it would make my intake too low to feel strong and healthy.:ohwell:

Thanks for the input. :smile:
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Drank 4 glasses of water and for the first time this week will reach my water goal of 8 glasses!

219594.png

You are doing great! That's almost 100 lbs!!! Wow, pat yourself on the back! What inspiration for the rest of us.:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Fabulocity, that's outstanding! You are well on your way to your monthly goal, and almost at 100 pounds lost. Thank you for the inspiration, just what I needed today. :drinker:

Alice
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fabulocity, you are my inspiration.:happy: I am sending you a hiphip hooray and congratulations.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • babysteps
    Options
    Hello All

Here I am ending late again, I have a couple more little jobs to do and then I am calling it a day.
    I ran down my driveway today 1/4 mile, and power walked 1/4 and jogged 1/4 and power walked 1/4.
    I am not sure it was a good idea as my bad heel is not happy.
    Come to think of it, it wasn't happy earlier either. I have been jogging between buildings on the farm as I go through my day. Did three miles with Leslie and lots of squats with 10 pounds added weight.
    Curls and lunges with weights. Drank all my water 15 cups. I may be up all night.

I recieved a little blessing in my day. They come to us from time to time in the most unusual ways.
    One of my pups was barking in the backyard. I went to check on him as he sounded very excited.
    He was jumping at a little bird that was sitting on the fence. He jumped forward and the bird pecked his nose. He backed up barked and repeated the process, until I told him to stop. I lowered my hand and the bird climbed right onto my palm. A beautiful little Cedar Waxwing chick, fledged but not quite ready for major flight. The tips of his tail feathers were a beautiful brilliant yellow and his wings were just beginning to show red. He considered me quite throughly turning his head right and left and then climbed up my arm onto my shoulder. He rode around the yard on my shoulder while I looked for his Mom in the trees. He called to her from his perch every little while. I came in for my lunch salad with my little companion, who sat on my shoulder all the while. He was with me for about an hour. I placed him in several different trees and watched for Mom. I placed him in a tall pine in the front yard and walked away and he flew and landed on my head. From this perch he called for Mom, while I set up my sprinklers, and she answered. He flew back to the pine tree and both parents flew down to him. They both tried to get him to fly all the way acrost our yard which he could not do. They finally gave up and joined him in the group of trees. The last time I saw him he was being coaxed to a higher branch by Mom. What a wonderful gift to have such tiny perfection in my day.

Good Night All Alice

Alice, what a wonderful thing you were able to witness and experience! I think you must have been baby bird's guardian angel for the day!

Hugs,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:
  • babysteps
    Options

219594.png

Yay is right!! You're doing a fantastic job and should be very proud of yourself. Keep it up!

Hugs,
    Deborah
    :flowerforyou:
  • Lrichert
    Options
    WELCOME to the thread for Women in their 50’s (or thereabouts). Actually, all women are welcome. We are a group of women who gain support and encouragement from others who are facing some of the same challenges. This has turned out to be a very helpful tool for me and hopefully for many others. I have met many new friends on this thread. So once again, welcome!

How did you do on your goals for August? What are your goals for the month of September? We can help each other be accountable. Visit daily to encourage and to be encouraged. We’re here for each other.
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This group is great!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Than you so much!!!!!
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Alice, what a wonderful story. I would loved to have seen the baby bird perched on your shoulder. What a wonderful memory and gift from God.:smile:

:mad: Sorry, here I go venting again.Today was a very stressful day from start to finish. Have you heard of "Corporate Restructuring, Eliminating Positions" Well that is what is going on at my place of employment. I found out today that tomorrow will be the last day of work for a young lady whom I am very fond of. She is the same age as my oldest daughter and I am going to miss her more than I can, and beleive me so will they when the realize exactly how much she does every day..:sad:
    And to top it all off I had a "gentleman":devil: verbally abuse me, accuse me of being a liar and then turn around and accuse me of saying things I didn't say. All because he was late for an appointment with our administrator and she got caught up in an emergency and was not able to meet with him when he finally arrived. Thank God there were other people in the next room, that he was unaware of, listening to what was going on. Finally someone came to my rescue and might I add just in the nick of time. I managed to keep my cool and be very pleasant to him, even when his demeanor became threatening. I was so upset I walked the river in record time and could have probably done a couple more laps if time had permitted. Didn't get to ride my bike again today due to the rainy, dreary, Delaware weather. I am a stress eater and had 2 brownies at my daughters. But the Good news is I did Leslie Sansone 2 mile and still had over 200 hundred calories left for the day. Still feeling stressed so I think I'll do another 2 miles.Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday. I am going away this weekend for a family reunion and plan on doing a lot of walking. Everyone have a great Friday. and remember to :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Good evening everyone to day was great tennis and spin class I actually am one of those weird women that really enjoy exercise unfortunately I also LOVE to eat there in lies my problem. I have done well with food today.:wink:

Rosemary I remember my son at that age and I decided that God made them that way so that when they left for college it wouldn’t hurt so bad because you are sick of their attitude!!! :mad: Also they really do pull away from moms during those teenage years trying to become men. The good news is my son is almost 31 and he is an awesome man!! He is a campus Pastor at Georgia Tech so hang on it gets better!!!!

Bonnie I play tennis and don’t get her kind of exercise I only wish I could keep my feet moving like that!!!

Alice how awesome you were able to help the sweet little bird.:flowerforyou:

Heartrw sorry about your mother in law but at least you didn’t stress eat way to go.:bigsmile:

Way to go Fabulosity. You are an inspiration.

Well going to bed hope we all have a great Friday and a great weekend

Lynn
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Barbie- Nice picture of the red sweater! It makes me want to sitdown and knit something. (I haven't knitted since I became a Mom 15 years ago)

Laurel- I'm sorry you had such a rough day at work. Two such stressful situations in one day! Hang in there. You can offer to be a reference for the young lady loosing her job even if you have to do it 'under the table'. It might help her a lot to have a co-worker willing to be a reference while she finds another job.

I am under my calories, but only cause it is late and I don't have time to cheat before bedtime. Hubby did not cook dinner as I had asked and by the time I got home, it was too late to cook and I just grabbed some leftovers.

Happy Friday all!

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning everyone, :angry: Well ANOTHER wet, dreary day in my life. It's not only raining in Delaware (where we live) but in Salisbury (where we work).:grumble: And it's suppose to continue on and off all day. Guess I will be exercising inside again today. Think I'll change it up and do kick boxing (that aught to help relieve the stress):laugh: No way I am going to reach my goal for riding my bike this week.:noway: Everyone have a wonderful Friday and as always thank you for being here, being a shoulder to lean on, and for all the words of encouragement and support , smooches:smooched: and hugs:heart: to all, Rosemary
    and oh yeah and remember to. :drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink that water
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning Ladies

TGIF I am happy happy happy that its the end of this week! Being away for a weekend just puts me so far behind on housework. I plan to attack things early tomorrow so I can escape and do something fun.
    I'm sure my kids have other plans for me but I might just surprise them and be too busy to be their taxi:laugh:

Last night I did another Leslie Sansome dvd I hadn't tried yet. This one is called the 'Power Mile" Fast paced but using the basic steps/kicks and the water weight balls. I loved it - but I could feel it!! Thing is it was over very quick - which is good for a quick after work thing. So for me two out of three days so far. I can do this!!!!! Tonight I plan an outdoor walk if the rain holds off. I'm going to pop in my headphones and take off from my house for an hour or so - that will help get the "work stuff" out of my head for the weekend.
    I'm happy to say I'm getting that "I can do it" feeling back again. I packed a really healthy lunch and snacks and planned a healthy dinner for the family. Now if I can just string a bunch of these 'healthy' days together, I'll have it beat. I'm soda pop free for 8 days now Yay Me!!

Have a great day

Heather
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I'm Back AGAIN!!!!

I've started going to the gym on a regularly basis. Thank you to all the people that sent me personal notes of encouragement to get back on track. This has to be the best site on the internet!!!!!

(((((Hugs))))) to all old and new friends.

:heart: Kathy
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Wow is is raining everyone today. Nothing but rain here. I am still doing good. Eating right. Getting to the gym each day. Back on track I think. Doing errands with daughter today. Getting ready for granddaughters 3rd birthday on Sunday. Will write more later. Have a good day. Keep up the good work everyone.
    Vicki M
  • BirdieM
    Options
    Good morning all,
    It's a cool damp day in RI but I still love this fallish weather!

I had a nice experience last night as the result of some weight lose. :wink: I went shopping for my niece's wedding, for something for myself. I HATE SHOPPING!!!! :angry: After trying on a lot of clothes I found the perfect top. :happy: It's a very pretty black, white and grey lace jacket (overlay) over a black tank top. It's very classic and feminine and will look lovely with dress black pants anf heels:love: . I actually saw a difference with my body trying on these clothes. Not a big difference but enough to feel better about myself and feel like I had a few more options than I usually have.

Going shopping is a real incentive to lose weight. I realized that I am sick and tired of the limited choices I have, IF... I want something that looks flattering. Layers, loose tops etc. I WANT TO WEAR SOMETHING WITH A WAIST! I came home more determined than ever to stick with it and make it happen. CHOICES HERE I COME!

Because I went from work to the store ( which was a last minute decision to pick up something else) I didn't eat my dinner. I wasn't going to look for clothes but it just happened. I had a serving of almonds in the car that I ate but by the time I came home, it was too late to eat all my calories. I'll make sure I do today.:bigsmile:

:heart: Rosemary: Corporate Reconstructuring is a painful process especially when you lose a friend:cry: And you should be proud that you stayed professional in the face of that other employee!:devil: That's hard to do and it takes a person with class and dignity to hold their ground wiothout losing it. You were the winner in that situation:wink:

:heart: PlantLady we're practically neighbors! :flowerforyou: So many of the women on this thread are in other parts of the country but you're a New Englander like me:happy: Your pictures are inspiring ...you look great! Stay the course:wink:

:heart: Heather you are doing well with the Leslie Sansome dvds.:flowerforyou: I wish I could get something that doesn't involve kicking and side stepping, so I could do it on the treadmill. I tried to do the 3 mile walk, thinking the music would help, but it's either too fast or too slow. I'll just keep searching.:ohwell:
    Have a great day all and just keep "Singing in the Rain":laugh: :laugh:
    BirdieM:smooched: