WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Hello all hope you are having a wonderful weekend. My mom turned 80 Saturday I am very thankful she is here to celebrate it after the last 6 months we have had. She is in the rehab center now regaining her strength after the surgery.

My son turns 31 Monday :noway: where does the time go? Was he not in diapers toddling around the other day?

Lynn
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Lynn: you and I must have some things in common. I had an eightieth birthday party for my mom last April, and my oldest daughter turns 31 on Tuesday. Where does the time go???? I keep telling her I am sure I changed her diaper last week!

I am very busy getting ready for next weekend. I will work for four days this week, then it is off on Thursday evening to stay with my mother and spend the days at the Walnut Valley Music Festival at Winfield, Kansas for the long weekend. We have spent the third weekend of September there every year since 1976 (except of course, the weekend that my oldest daughter was born!) I always carry in all of our food for the weekend and don't buy any there, so am busy preparing in advance. I will be feeding 9 on Friday and Sunday and 18 on Saturday. It will be great fun, as all the kids and families are making it this year. Anyway, it is a big event. They are expecting attendance of about 14,000, which is amazing since the state fair is also going on at the same time. I will come back as always, exhausted but floating on the memories.
    Better go get busy cooking!

Mary it sounds like an awsome weekend! We are all singer / musicians in my family. WE LOVE MUSIC!!! What a great thing to look forward to every year! 14,000 people? WOW that's big! Don't get lost 33 years of going! Have a glorious time! Feeding all those people will be a chore but at least you're in control of what type of food is going to be served
    Enjoy!!
    BirdieM
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies,
    It was so good to get home and read all of the posts from today. I really miss it when no one posts. It sounds like everyone is doing great. Thanks for all of your comments. The party was great. Emma was a princess and got every princess item available in the stores. He did not show up. It is very complicated, but in a nutshell. This is actually his second wife. The first is my son-in-law's mom. This one of 18 years is his Step mom. She helped to raise him. yes he cheated with her on first wife and now he is at it again. Both mom and step mom came and they had long chat. It was not awkward. We just all really felt for her. Emma did not even miss her pops so that was good. It was a good day. It did rain, but did not even put a damper on things. Everyone had a good time. I ate my lunch that I brought and only took 1 bite of cake to taste. (a very small bite) Did not work out tonight but will just make it my day off. Barbie I feel same way when hubby is away. I enjoy the time to myself but now I am lonely and want him home. He will probably be gone at least another week. Good night ladies. Talk to you tomorrow.
    PS Have a great time at the music festival. Sounds like fun.
    Vicki M
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Good evening all,

I love the computer story. I've heard jokes about people calling when the electricity is out, but never realized it really does happen.

It was rainy here all weekend too. We need it and I hope it starts snowing next week. We need 2 feel of snow every week for the next several years to turn the water levels around. So, if you don't want it, pray that the moisture gets sent my way.

I was bad today. Hubby was using my laptop and by the time I put what I ate in, it was too late. I'm over a couple of hundred. Off to do some extra excercie before bedtime.

Have a nice evening and I hope Monday gets off to a good start for you.

Jeannie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Evenining everyone: It feels good to be home. I will start off by telling you that my brother (who is the owner of a construction company) built his family the most extraordinary house on the most beautiful piece of property I have ever seen. It is serene, has 4 beautiful decks/prches where you can sit, relax and watch nature in all it's glory. The hiking/4 wheeler trail is a dieters dream. I walked this morning (with his 2 German Shephards, Maggie and Harley for company) There was an incline steep enough to get the heart rate up but not so steep it gave you a heart attack.:laugh: My first 2 go rounds I was pulling Matthew in a wagon (that really got the heart going) then I did 3 more times just me and the dogs. Later when we went to the reunion I ate a spoonful of 3 or 4 dishes and a small baked potato with a squirt of margerine. I did managed to stay away from the sour cream, dessert table, ham and fried chicken. The weather was beautiful and all in all the reunion was very nice. Congratulatios to all who have lost weight this week and those who have been able to find ways to stay away from the unhealthy foods. Welcome to new comers and welcome back to those who have been on hiatus:happy:
    I slacked on my water today so I am on my way the fridge to get me some and to:drinker: drink :drinker: drink:drinker: drink my water:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I'll see if I'm laughing tomorrow after I get on that scale. Night All, Rosemary:flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Mary it sounds like an awsome weekend! We are all singer / musicians in my family. WE LOVE MUSIC!!! What a great thing to look forward to every year! 14,000 people? WOW that's big! Don't get lost:laugh: :laugh: 33 years of going! Have a glorious time! Feeding all those people will be a chore but at least you're in control of what type of food is going to be served :laugh: :laugh:
    Enjoy!!:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM

It is an awesome weekend! It's the best of acoustic music. You should check out the website: www.wvfest.com
    Anyway, I don't think that I can work in the kitchen any more today. I have reached my limit. I try to fix, sort and organize everything in advance, because while we are there we leave the house at about 8 am every day, and get home after midnight most of the time. We have a traditional menu: a choice of sandwiches or wraps for lunches, custom made to order chef salads Friday night, and taco salads on Saturday night. It is hard not to snack too much though, and I am busy baking cookies . . . However, if I don't lose that weekend, I will think it is just fine!

Everyone have a great Monday tomorrow! Glad the princess party went well, and hope everyone's husbands get home safe and soon. Here's to smart choices!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Looks like a good weekend all the way around.
    :flowerforyou:
    Cool.
    Here's looking forward to a beautiful week - maybe even weather cooling off enough to get out & work in the yard! :grumble:
    My company will leave in the morning after I go to work & then things will be back to normal around here.
    Have a great week!
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Home from work late did not get my exercise in :cry: I will have to push harder in the morning.
    Did manage my calories well today and drank all my water plus:drinker: .

My scale is not moving:explode: evidently this is going to be a really long marathon.

The music festival sounds great. What a wonderful way to have a family get together.

So glad the princess party was a sucess.

I am to tired to make good sense tonight, so..

Good Night All Alice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I've made great use of my day alone. I had a project that I've put off for weeks that I finished. It required a lot of going back and forth to the file cabinet in the garage, then the computer, then the table to sort papers. All that getting up and down and back and forth is very annoying to anyone else in the house so it was perfect to do today. Mixed in with that, I walked the dogs a lot, rode the exercise bike, did the laundry and made three batches of applesauce from apples that one of my line dance friends brought to class on Friday. I freeze the applesauce in small containers and put it on oatmeal. I took the dogs to the dog park for an hour and walked 5000 steps while they chased birds and each other.

It's great to hear from so many of you today.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Let's all make smart choices all week, exercise a lot, and :drinker: :drinker: drink lots of water.

hugs:heart:
    Barbie
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all who have lost weight this week.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Barb, the original problem that I had with my computer was due to my cat knocking it to the floor. They can cause such problems. But we love them anyway.

Maybe your cat was trying to go after the "mouse"???:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, sometimes, I just can't resist a statement that begs for a good one liner.:bigsmile:

Barb
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I managed to once again avoid any real housework :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: by driving over to Portland to visit a friend that I hadn't seen since February when I was on my hiatus from work while I recovered from my surgery. She has a house that is one of a kind. She is a Betty Boop collectible addict and is into 50's retro decor, and has a lot of talent and creativity.

To give you an idea of what the house looks like--she had her father in law, a retired architect, design her a garden shack that from the outside looks like a 50's style service station. The "service bay" door is actually the entrance to the storage area for the motorcycles and scooters that she and her husband own. The "office" is where she actually does gardening related activities.

The decor in her yard is amazing also. She has a clawfoot bathtub in the front yard which is used for a planter. There is a metal bed frame, painted red, on one end of the house, being used as a trellis. Her house is a 50's bungalow style, so she painted it black and red and did black and white striped awnings on the windows. It is very cute. Next time I am there, it will be in the daylight and I can shoot a couple of pictures to post. Her house is so attention getting that total strangers will stop there cars and talk to her while she is working in the yard!!:laugh:

She is the one I mentioned earlier who inherited the additional Yorkies. Both of them were characters, though the oldest of the two doesn't move very fast any more.

I ended up having dinner as a treat from my friend, and brought home enough left overs for another meal. I asked that it be prepared without salt, and the restaurant doesn't use msg, so I stayed under my calories with lots of veggies, some chicken and a few pan fried noodles.

I am up too late again, so good night to all :yawn:

Barb
  • leslie63
    leslie63 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My weight for August didn't go very well, only 3 lbs, however...my body fat went down as well as a loss of 15" overall. I have finally gotten in the habit of working out daily, even if it's a 30 minute walk around the block or 3 10 minute work outs throughout the day.

I feel better and have a better attitude. Although I still have a long way to go, I'm not expecting miracles overnight but an entire life style change that will hopefully ensure that I won't go back up the wrong way
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: Good Morning everyone :flowerforyou: All that walking and AB exercises paid off. Only 9 more pounds to reach my goal. My daughter and her family are leaving for Arizona on Wednesday for a five day vacation. I am going to miss Matthew ( Malisa and Jason Too I guess....:laugh: I am hoping to get my 25 mile goal on the bike this week.:flowerforyou: Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Rosemary
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    219594.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Happy Monday!
    Today I plan to lift weights and do cardio.
    Also stay within my limits and get to my eight glasses of water.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Enjoy your day everyone!
  • doobiedoo
    doobiedoo Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning! Today I WILL drink all of my water :drinker: and walk on the treadmill and ride my bike!! I want to see some more pounds move. Hope you all have a good day!! :flowerforyou:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My weight for August didn't go very well, only 3 lbs, however...my body fat went down as well as a loss of 15" overall. I have finally gotten in the habit of working out daily, even if it's a 30 minute walk around the block or 3 10 minute work outs throughout the day.

I feel better and have a better attitude. Although I still have a long way to go, I'm not expecting miracles overnight but an entire life style change that will hopefully ensure that I won't go back up the wrong way
    That's great. That's what its all about. Small steps lead to success and it is a lifestyle change rather than dieting that works best. You're doing great. 15" is what shows!:wink:
    Esther
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Barb: I'd love to see pictures of that house. That sounds so interesting. I don't have that much creativity!

Rosemary. Wow only 9 pounds to your goal! That's great. Stick with it.

I am off to workout. I have been doing well this weekend and feel better that I didn't fall to temptation of food that my body didn't need. Small steps.....

Hope you all have a great day.
    Esther
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Lynne - I always drink caffeine free diet coke - usually about 3 or 4 every day. I stopped buying it by the case and just go to the corner store specifically for one individual bottle on the weekend - if I just have to have one!. The things I noticed: I really miss the burning bubbles:laugh: I feel that diet pop was causing me joint /muscular pain. My mobility is better when I abstain for a couple of weeks. I will continue to stay away from it through the week and now I will only have it when I'm out - which never happens so I should be good:wink:

We got the lawn raked out and seeded after it had been dug up for a repair and improvement to our septic field. Hopefully the seed will have time to take this year. It looks so sad with the big patches of fresh dirt although the dogs and new kitten are loving it! It will be a relief to not have to worry about the field this winter. Last year I was taking the laundry out to do - Not fun!
    Speaking of laundry, do any of you also have the magic hamper?? That's the one that can fill itself up with dirty/not-so-dirty clothes every time you turn you back?? I'm trying to get my kids doing their own clothes - if nothing else, I'm hoping it will deter them from putting clean, FOLDED clothes back in the hamper. My daughter is famous for this - usually when she's 'cleaning' her room!

Well I am a dismal failure at getting up any earlier. So far I've done a dvd almost every day after work but its hard to get to it. It seems that my time is not my own until about 10 p.m. I have to be more strict about my needs and just shut out all other demands and get my own routine that is recognized and respected by my family. That is another goal for me for September. I used to have a space I could sneak off to and get a dvd done but it got taken over by my DH (I first put FH :blushing: a typo but Fruedian????) I have to exercise in the living room and we have an open concept home so its a bit awkward but if i keep letting things stall my workouts I'm never going to get in shape.

Today I'll do the Leslie Sansome 2 mile before dinner - Mmmmmm fresh pickeral fillets and salad. I need to look up recipe because my husband coats it and fries it it butter. its delish but I think I can make a healthier dish by poaching it in lemon or something.

Wow I got pretty chatty for a busy girl!!

Have a great day all

Heather
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Well, I only swam 1x last week and this week is looking to be the same. But I am starting to work with a triathlon coach and he's going to set my training schedule so I should do better next week.

I did the Waves to Wine bike ride this weekend. It was crazy due to the weather! It rained and was cold and, at one point, there was HAIL! Plus I got two flats the first day. But nothing after that.
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing: :bigsmile: :blushing:
    Well, I stayed within my limits today (was a bit below)
    Did interval training - cardio - treadmill/elliptical for 35 minutes
    Will lift weights tomorrow
    Will completely drink 8 glasses of water before bedtime.
    Life is Good.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]219594.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Hello All,

Hope you all had a great weekend and are off to a good start for the week. I worked out at boot camp today and burned 526 calories:happy: but I have felt tired:yawn: and sleepy :yawn: all day hope I am not coming down with anything.

Heather I have been having finger joint pains in the mornings when I wake up I was wondering if it could be the diet coke. I drink 1-2 for breakfast every morning and I am trying not to drink as many during the day. I am not always successful when I feel tired I seem to drink more. I am just really worried about my joints I do not want to have arthritis in my fingers. And my children both put clean clothes in the hamper when cleaning their rooms must be taught that trick in school. Haha

Well will check back Tuesday have a good evening everyone.:flowerforyou:
    Lynn