WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER

Options

Replies

• BirdieM
    BirdieM Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I would love to join you! I am 56 years old. And I got a grandson on March 24th, and another on July 24th, 29 minutes before my birthday. I am LOVING the grandmother thing! I need to make sure I stick around for a while!

Welcome aboard ChurchLady! All it takes is making up your mind to do it and you will, with the help of God. (I thought I could say that because of your name):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    But seriously it works.
    I have a daughter born on March 24th and 4 grandchildren. I love it!! They are precious!
    Good luck! Decide what you're going to eat before you have a meal and try to only get weighed once a week. It may be more encouraging that way:flowerforyou:
    BirdieM
  • BirdieM
    Options
    :drinker: Lose 8 pounds this month
    Weights 2-3times/week
    Cardio 4-5 times a week
    Drink 8 glasses/water daily

Fabulocity: You can do it...we can help! Oh wait a minute, I think that's the Lowe's commercial I'm thinking of :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: But it still works here:wink:
    BirdieM
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Hi,
    Hoping September will be my month of weight loss. For those that remember my mom has been sick she had her heart surgery and is finally out of ICU and on her way to recovery!!!! So if all continues I can focus on my weight loss goals.

Wt. loss 4 lbs
    drink H2O
    work out 3 times a week
    cardio 5 times per week
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thanks Esther, I got it. Welcome new ladies. Glad to have you. Fabulocity are you really 100 years old cause you really look great for your age. LOL. Eldest granddaughter is spending night with me tonight, so dont want to stay on too long. see you tomorrow.
    Vicki m
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone:flowerforyou: I was lost but thanks to MFP ladies I have found my way home.:laugh: . I am not using my computer since it is my late night watching my grandson:smile: So I will have to check my goals for August to see how I did ( I'm Senile and can't remember) :laugh:
    My goals for September are to ride my bike 25 miles a week, exercise using WATP and use my hand weights to firm up my arms, at least 4 days a week, keep drinking at least 4 16oz bottles of water a day and to lose at least 4 pounds. :smokin: To all our new friends, I welcome you. I have been tagging along for 3 months and have loved every minute of it.:happy:
    Our family is full of love, compassion and encouragement:smooched:
    Tomorrow is a special day at work . We are having an "End of Summer" luncheon. Stuffed Tillapia, Steamed Brocolli w/cheese sauce, Roasted baby red potatoes and Tropical fruit for desert. THE PLAN IS TO EAT HALF FOR LUNCH AND SAVE THE REST FOR DINNER. ( that's the plan) :blushing:
    I think I will log it first and see what the damage would be.:wink: Everyone have a great evening, and remember to drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: that water Rosemary
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    thanks to everyone for the welcome...

I am so proud...I exercised for the first time in years...an old aerobics VHS tape I had (told you it's been a long time! :embarassed: )

If you notice, my join date was in May...I never did anything but sign up...I finally made the commitment and started a diet program on Sunday...

Love this board so far! :happy:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Happy September!
    :flowerforyou:
    I had a bit of a rough day at work...the first 8 hours were great...:ohwell:

My September goals-
    30 minutes + 5 days each week
    2 pounds
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    That's all I ask.
    :wink:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    It's me again:laugh: I logged in and of course you don't really now for sure if it's right (because every chef cooks a little different) a ball park figure for the previously mentioned luncheon is approximately 556 calories. If I eat my usual cereal for break fast, don't have any snacks and fix a chicken packet for dinner, I will be able to enjoy my lunch with no regret.:happy: ( even if my calculations for lunch are a little low). Only time and the scale will know for sure. Night all:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Rosemary
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi and Happy September:flowerforyou:

Warmest wishes to the newest members. This is a wonderful site and particularly the fantastic women on here have been so very kind and supportive.

It pleases me that I more than accomplished my August goals that consisted of

:ohwell: having my MRI on my one knee and got the diagnosis of torn cartilage
    :smokin: exercised in a modified version.
    :blushing: got back on track entering my food consumed
    :bigsmile: shed another 4 lbs
    :drinker: consumed at least 8-10 glasses of water per day
    :laugh: definitely laughed more

Since I will be travelling for the month of September my goals are to make good choices concerning food and exercise. The scale, exercise DVD's, workout clothes, 10 lb hand weights, resistance bands and healthy snacks are travelling with me to ensure a no-fail environment:bigsmile: Hopefully I will be able to keep in contact with everyone when we have internet access.

Best of luck to everyone:flowerforyou:

Marie:heart:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    hey ChurchLady,
    I think that is awesome! This is the first healthy day of the rest of your life! kc:smile:

I did really great today and then got home and ate 20 gms of fat in a dessert. I am still under my calories but 7 grms of fat over.

Does anyone know if that will cause me to not lose weight?
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    hey ChurchLady,
    I think that is awesome! This is the first healthy day of the rest of your life! kc:smile:

I did really great today and then got home and ate 20 gms of fat in a dessert. I am still under my calories but 7 grms of fat over.

Does anyone know if that will cause me to not lose weight?
    It shouldn't. Calories are calories, no matter what they come from.
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you!
  • BirdieM
    Options
    First weigh in for this month from a week ago and I lost 2 lbs and 2.25 inches!:happy: So do I count those for August or Sept :huh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: WHO CARES The scale went down and that's all I care about. I've lost 8lbs since Aug 14 YAY!
    BirdieM
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Wow BirdieM!!! I would go for September. kick start the month. I am so impressed.

Alice
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

What a great day slept in my own bed and am going to boot camp in a few minutes!!! So thankful to be back home and back on my journey to lose the last 15 pounds. I will check back later I am trying to enter my Sept goals after my ticker we will see if I am doing it right .

115425.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Sept Goals
    lose 4 lbs
    work out at least 3 times per week with weights
    cardio at least 5 times per week
    and drink at least 64 ounces of water every day
  • l_mahloy
    Options
    hello again I guess I need advise how do I get rid of my extra ticker now?
    Lynn
  • thechurchlady
    Options
    excellent, birdie! :happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Grammymax
    Grammymax Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Good morning all:

I feel great this morning after going to work out and actually feeling like I did something. I was getting discouraged because the machines were not working right and the readings were off. Today they were back in working order and my heart rate got up to where it should be. I feel ENERGIZED. I signed up for the Biggest Loser competition at Curves that begins on September 10th. The accountability will keep me honest and motivated I hope:wink:

Lynn: Glad your mom is doing better. Looks like you figured out what was going on with the extra ticker:happy:

Rosemary: Sounds reasonable as far as he calories...however, it seems low with the cheese sauce included! Either way, you're making it two meals rater than two so that's good. Glad you found your way back to the thread:laugh: Can you remind me what the chicken packets are please.

Marie: Good planning WILL pay off.:smile: Stay focused.

KC: one dessert won't send you over UNLESS you continue with those desserts :laugh: My problem is if I eat sweets I crave more! Gotta stay away until I'm over the cravings!

Birdie: Great job! That is an excellent loss for 3 weeks! Pat yourself on the back for me:flowerforyou:

Great goals everyone. Print them out and post them somewhere so you can refer to them often. That's what I'm going to do with mine!

Have a great day,
    Esther
  • PatB52
    Options
    I'm not good at setting goals because I have not had much luck in achieving the ones I have set. I will go out on a limb and say my goal for September is to lose 4 lbs.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    I'm not good at setting goals because I have not had much luck in achieving the ones I have set. I will go out on a limb and say my goal for September is to lose 4 lbs.

Welcome, Pat,

I'm not too crazy about goals that I can't control, like how much weight I'll lose, but I like the ones that are healthy behaviors that I can make myself accomplish. Like last month one of my goals was to drink all my water (64 ounces a day) and some days I had to drink 24 or 32 of those ounces during the last hour before bed but I could reach the goal through my own efforts.

I hope we'll hear from you often and that you'll read what everyone else posts. This is a great group and they've helped to change my life.
    Barbie