30 day Shred starting 1st July - anyone want to join?

Options

Replies

• lynnhaw
    lynnhaw Posts: 5
    Options
    i am on day 4 and my arms and abs really hurt yesterday. i feel better today. it is up to you but i think its the parts that hurt that needed the most work. it works on whole body. one thing to help with muscle pain i heard once was to eat jello. the gellitin helps replenish muscles. i dont know for a fact
  • Rosalyn94
    Rosalyn94 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late (better late than never, right?) but I have started today and just got through it! Does it get easier as you go on?
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know I'm late (better late than never, right?) but I have started today and just got through it! Does it get easier as you go on?

It does =) First day I felt like my muscles were going to die. Day 4 and only a small amount of muscle ache. Once your body gets use to it, it will get a lot easier and less sore.
  • cat_s85
    cat_s85 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 7, I skipped two days though due to work. I can definitely see a difference in my arms and legs, and my stomach is really flat, possibly because I have been really strict with food as well. No loss off my bum and hips which is my biggest goal!
    I really struggled on the first few days, I still can't do most of the combined strength exercises.

This is possibly because I thought I was using 3lb weights and they are actually 3kg!! :noway:

Best of luck to everyone, it is really inspiring :smile:
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4, and my back is sore. I may do level 1 for 12 days cause the first 2 days I had to do with out the video as I was away and forgot how two of the exercises went. I felt that when I worked out via the video it was a lot harder.
  • flowergirl73
    flowergirl73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone! I'm going to do 2 shreds today so that I'm caught up. I started on the second so today I will do day 3 and 4, level 1. ...not back to back though!!!
  • Lynxie83
    Lynxie83 Posts: 246
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone! I'm going to do 2 shreds today so that I'm caught up. I started on the second so today I will do day 3 and 4, level 1. ...not back to back though!!!

Woah!! All the best for this! I'd probably die...
  • kiminor
    kiminor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the insanity videos but have been afraid to try it. I think I can do this one so I'll start here. I don't have any hand weights yet though.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the insanity videos but have been afraid to try it. I think I can do this one so I'll start here. I don't have any hand weights yet though.

I've been using big cans of soup--they're about two lbs each. Waiting for my weights to come in the mail. :X
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Skipped day four and will pick up tomorrow. My arms were just killing me, and I haven't been able to move them much all day. I still find it odd though.. This has never happened before, but tomorrow should be better.
  • kiminor
    kiminor Posts: 38 Member
    Options

I've been using big cans of soup--they're about two lbs each. Waiting for my weights to come in the mail. :X

Oh great idea!!!
  • seamonkeychar
    seamonkeychar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!! Def. feeling sore, BUT I am already able to do all of the reps except for the push ups. I am terrible at push ups, going to have to work on it.
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    I started with 15 oz cans of black beans because the only weights I have are 10 lbs (not going there for the 30DS!!). Today I moved up to 19 oz cans of Progresso soup! :) I'm going to buy 3 and 5 lb weights next time I'm at Target.
  • fitandfunblonde
    fitandfunblonde Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ok so i missed day 4 today but am about to do day 5. will probably pay for it lol! I did plan to miss a day in every 10 day lot though as i usually go away for the weekends. Had a bad tummy bug yesterday, only just got over it today. Was supposed to be with my personal trainer yesterday so had to cancel that, am a bit disapointed as was planning to do cardio at the same time as this, but guess il have to wait untill day 8 till i can go back to gym. hopfully i still get results!
  • flowergirl73
    Options
    ...day 4 done and I'm all caught up! We'll see if I can get out of bed tomorrow...
  • womblewoo
    womblewoo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Honestly by Day 5 your muscles will be used to the burn and you wont feel a thing apart from a nice buzz and sting. Not the ache of Day 3 and Day 4. The first time I did 30DS I could barely walk on the 4th day but then miraculously just disappeared!
  • LexyLou_5
    LexyLou_5 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just completed D3L1, due to work commitments I'm having to do the the dvd every other day at the mo, combined with 40 mins of swimming and the odd cross trainer 20 mins session where/when i can.

I have never been very good at push ups or lunges... other than that I'm coping rather well.. I THINK
  • meshaay
    meshaay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I missed day 4, but I'm going to do an extra one today to make up. So far, so good.
  • Dani_wants_to_be_fit
    Dani_wants_to_be_fit Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 for me. No aches or pains and 2 inches off the stomach and 1 off the thigh. No change on hips or arms but it's only day 5. No weight loss either but my body is changing so it's ok if the weight loss is slow.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just completed D4L1 and the soreness has improved.. a bit lol :)