47lb weight loss, 5'11" (WITH PICTURES)

Options

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! What exercises did you do? and how long did it take you? How many calories a day were you consuming???
    Thank you so much!

My starting weight with MFP was 198lbs, I lost 10lbs at first by eating clean and walking/running.
    I was about 188lbs when I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I believe I was 176 when I finished that.
    After 30DS I started doing longer Jillian Michaels DVDs. I bought Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    I did some sort of exercise every single day since I started this journey whether it is a walk, a run, or one of my strength training DVDs.
    I love Jillian's DVDs so much, but I ended up doing TOO much circuit training (7 days a week is too much!) and I wasn't seeing any more loss despite calorie deficit and exercise.
    Since then I have scaled back on circuit training. I run 3-4 times per week and do circuit training 2 days per week. On my days,"off," I usually do a leisurely walk.
    I have been eating 1200 calories per day. But, when I experienced that plateau, I experimented with increasing my calories to 1500 on some days. Switching up my routine and cycling my calories made a huge difference and broke my plateau.
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WOW you look great!!!
  • bazaar1982
    bazaar1982 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! What exercises did you do? and how long did it take you? How many calories a day were you consuming???
    Thank you so much!

My starting weight with MFP was 198lbs, I lost 10lbs at first by eating clean and walking/running.
    I was about 188lbs when I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I believe I was 176 when I finished that.
    After 30DS I started doing longer Jillian Michaels DVDs. I bought Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones.
    I did some sort of exercise every single day since I started this journey whether it is a walk, a run, or one of my strength training DVDs.
    I love Jillian's DVDs so much, but I ended up doing TOO much circuit training (7 days a week is too much!) and I wasn't seeing any more loss despite calorie deficit and exercise.
    Since then I have scaled back on circuit training. I run 3-4 times per week and do circuit training 2 days per week. On my days,"off," I usually do a leisurely walk.
    I have been eating 1200 calories per day. But, when I experienced that plateau, I experimented with increasing my calories to 1500 on some days. Switching up my routine and cycling my calories made a huge difference and broke my plateau.

I started at 198 too, just trying to break that 190 barrier ATM, I go past then back then past then back. But I'm running now so hoping to beat it!
  • beachbum8
    beachbum8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Great job! So toned!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! PERFECT really!! Good job lady!
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You look SO different! You look younger & so much healthier! Are you sure you've only lost 47 lbs?! Way to go! Awesome job!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • candygrl26
    candygrl26 Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow! Absolutely amazing. Great job :D
  • Jishmeister
    Jishmeister Posts: 108
    Options
    That's an amazing change, you look so good, great job!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • saragetsfit13
    saragetsfit13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • amanda_ataraxia
    Options
    Holy cow! You look SO different! You look younger & so much healthier! Are you sure you've only lost 47 lbs?! Way to go! Awesome job!!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Haha! Thank you so much!

I'm sure it has a lot to do with all the lean muscle rather than just losing fat and not replacing it with anything.
  • beatleschic87
    beatleschic87 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You look a lot like Jennifer Lawrence
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I hate to have to tell you this, but your baby has a strange white growth where the face should be!

Kidding, you should be so proud or your accomplishment! Look at how you used to hide behind people in the top two pics, not anymore. Stand tall and proud, you deserve it! :)
  • irenedemos
    irenedemos Posts: 36
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Thanks for the motivation.
  • saramea
    saramea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look great. I'm only an inch taller and maybe 5 lbs less but i dont look nearly as good in a bikini! I was also the same starting weight , 210 (at delivery.
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thank you OP for sharing!! I'm 5'10" and have been really discouraged lately by a lot of people saying that it takes forever for weight loss to start being noticeable for taller women. But you look fantastic!
    I've so been needing to see a SS like this. :3
  • amanda_ataraxia
    Options
    Thank you OP for sharing!! I'm 5'10" and have been really discouraged lately by a lot of people saying that it takes forever for weight loss to start being noticeable for taller women. But you look fantastic!
    I've so been needing to see a SS like this. :3
    No way! Especially if you are toning as you lose, people will notice! What is more important is that YOU will notice with just a 5lb difference.
    How could they not notice tall and beautiful women slimming down? :)
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! Great job
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Awesome
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!