Baked peanut butter oatmeal!

Options
124»

Replies

• KuntryLivin68
    Options
    I've been obsessed with baked oatmeal for a couple years now, it's INCREDIBLE!

I have yet to try baked oatmeal. It's a staple here in PA Dutch Country.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    SO yummy!! I have to try this :)

Or even this :)

http://www.healthyfoodforliving.com/?p=32351

OMG!!! This one I am sooooooooooo trying :-)
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I printed it too...I love me some peanut butter!~ Thanks!
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I cannot bring TJ's cookie butter in the house - I have been known (only by me - and y'all now!) to eat an entire jar in one evening. I absolutely cannot control myself. It's my nemesis.
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    If you think the baked peanut butter oatmeal is good, you MUST try Elvis Bars! My sister made them for me once and I was HOOKED!!! I never really liked the peanut butter and banana combination, but mixed with some oatmeal and chocolate... effin' amazing!

Here's the recipe:
    http://www.food.com/recipe/dreamy-peanut-butter-banana-oatmeal-elvis-bars-362093

Don't let the picture fool you... it doesn't look that great and doesn't justify the finished product in the least!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Maybe my awesome wife will make this for me...
  • vmcagle
    vmcagle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here's a version for 334 calories.... and no banana sauce =) with the Artisana Cacao Bliss Spread you get the benefit of coconut fat to fuel the metabolism.

Ingredients (1 serving)

1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    pinch of salt
    2 Tbsp Artisana Cacao Bliss Spread or Rapunzel Chocolate Hazelnut but adj calories & sugar 2tbl = 170 cal 11g sugar
    1/3 cup milk, preferably organic (I used 0%)
    1 egg white, preferably organic
    1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a small ovenproof bowl.

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, and salt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together chocolate hazelnut or cocoa bliss spread and egg white until smooth; whisk in milk and vanilla extract.

Pour dry ingredients into wet and stir with a rubber spatula until combined (be sure to fully mix the spread-milk mixture into the dry mixture). Spoon mixture into prepared bowl.

Bake for 20 minutes, or until oatmeal is puffed and set.

Nutritional Information:
    334 calories, 18 grams fat, 6 grams fiber, 9 grams sugars, 12 grams protein
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Served it warm last night and it was delicious. Put it in the refrigerator and had a piece cold for breakfast. I don't know which was better. The kids loved it and it wasn't as sweet as I thought it would be.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Made a single serving this morning and it wasn't that great... it didn't have ANY sweetness to it! It also stuck really badly to my baking dish, but that's more my fear of using butter as a greaser and hoping a spray oil would work (it didn't.) I'm definitely going to try it again though as the warm, oaty goodness was great, it just needed some sugar! lol
  • kmiagia
    kmiagia Posts: 104
    Options
    bump:)))!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yum! Sounds great!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I left out the butter and cut the sugar in half.
    This brought down the calorie count to 234 per serving, which was 1/9 of the pan.

I had a piece last night when it was warm, that was nice. I had a piece this morning when it was refrigerated. It seemed very VERY dry.

I was not eating it in a bowl with milk, I was eating it more like a brownie.

I doubt I'll make it again. (Just being honest, I like my apple pie steel cut oats in the crock pot WAY WAY more)
  • RoadsterMomma
    RoadsterMomma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    thanks for including the recipe in the tread as I couldnt open the link either! will def try this!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options

wow!! this one looks really yummy too but 400+ cals for breakfast??? ouch!

Why is 400 calories for breakfast bad?? breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

wow!! this one looks really yummy too but 400+ cals for breakfast??? ouch!

Why is 400 calories for breakfast bad?? breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day!

myth.
    Breakfast can be the biggest meal if you want it to be, but there is no particular reason to do this.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I will have to try this....thanks for sharing
  • BrittaneyHG
    BrittaneyHG Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So I made it!
    And I used my cup cake pan!

So I made 7 of them and this is the nutrition info for 7 servings. :)

443 calories
    23 fat
    47 carbs
    16 protein
    439 sodium
    19 sugars

I used everything the recipe called for in the correct servings. You could save a few calories or sugars if you use less then whats called for. I just decided I would try it the right way before tweaking it.

I like to eat a nice hearty breakfast it keeps me full all day and gives me energy! So this is perfect!