July 2nd - September 30th..P90x Group!

Options
Hello my friends! :D

Have you always wanted to do P90x but have either been too busy, too tired, too unmotivated, or have given up after a couple of weeks? I tried to do P90x alone and only got three weeks in before I quit. But not this time! What gets me, is that if I had stuck with it for the entire time, I would have been exactly where I wanted to be (or close to it) as far as weight and fitness goes.

So if that's happened to you, or if you've just always wanted to try it but have needed a little extra push and support...this group is for you! :)

I'd like to start a group, MAX of 15 people, in order to create a support group and team to get through P90x together and share our results and progress along the way with words of much needed encouragement. I know that on the inside, we are, as Tony Horton would say "XTREME!!" xD But really, it's true! Now we just need to work hard to become extreme on the outside!

If this is something you would be interested in, please say so! When it gets to 15 people, I'll create a group and take it from there! I intend to have this be a fun and inspiring group, and anyone who wants to change their life and help others along the way is more than welcome to join!

Let's get ripped! >:O

-AJ

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I'm starting it the week of the second as well, so I will be interested, been doing a lot of reading and research on it.
  • summertimefine10
    Options
    im ready to join!
  • Rukadare
    Rukadare Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Great! :D Welcome to the group! So that is three in total so far, looking to fill 12 more spots! :)

Any more takers?
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! This will be my second round of p90x. I completed my first round 2 months ago!! I'm starting July 1st and doing 3 days on and 2 days off, so I'll be doing it a little different. Please tell me if you don't want me to join due to my schedule.

If this if your first time with p90x here's a few pointers that helped me when I first started...

Depending on how much you have to lose, you might not see any difference until WEEK 3.

Do the Yoga!!! even if you have to start off by only doing the first 30 mins. It does get better and you feel really stretched after!!

Plyometrics is gonna kick your *kitten*!! Do your best..before you know it you'll be hopping on one foot right along with the best of 'em!!

IT DOESN'T GET EASIER, YOU GET STRONGER!!!!!!

Can't wait to get started! Good luck to everyone
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    2 days before we start, hope to get some more people.
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Dedication6, you are more than welcome to join! :) And it will be so nice to have someone who already knows the ropes for support. So thanks for joining!

We've got a total of 5 people so far, as someone else messaged me privately asking to join. So hopefully we can get some more before Monday.

Oh yes! And to start a group, I believe I need two other people to be help me start it. If anyone would like to, just send me a message, and a friend request! (The friend request is for everyone. ;p)

Anyone else getting excited? I can't decide whether to take before pictures before I start the first day, or after the first workout. Haha. I feel if I were to do them afterwards, I would just look so dead xD
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be just P90X? I've completed 1 round and I was thinking of doing a hybrid of P90X and Turbo Fire. If that works I'd love to join too!
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Of course not, cdl8! :D It's actually a good thing that you are going to be doing a hybrid, because you may inspire others on in the group to eventually try what you're doing for themselves! So it's definitely a win win situation here. And it's awesome that you've already completed a round of p90x! So welcome to the group, we are more than happy to have you be a part of it!
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Just wanted to keep you all up to date and show you who has joined the group so far so you can send a friend request and whatnot! :)

Here's the group so far:

Rukadare
    Mybella622
    cdl8
    vtmoon
    dedication6
    summertimefine10

That's six so far! Nine spots left to fill!
  • Mariabellantoni
    Mariabellantoni Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Im totally in for the p90X challenge, I have tried several times before and saw a great difference but would lose motivation. I seem to always find an excuse to not due it but Im hoping with the group we can all be motivated and get the body we want so we can all look "Xcellent" lol Please feel free to add. :happy:
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Anymore takers? :) Still one more day to join!
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    OK so I can't begin until 7/5. Is that OK? I'm having minor surgery 7/3 and was told to taske it easy for 2 days!
  • Rukadare
    Options
    Of course it's alright! :) And since we haven't filled up all the spots, I figured we'd just allow people to join along the way if they decide to start p90x in the next month. The more support the better!

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm really excited for it, actually. I'll be doing my first workout early in the morning so I can get into a routine of it (and get into a routine of waking up early! xD). I've heard that it takes 30 days to start a new habit, so if we can all just stick in there for 30 days, we'll be golden, haha!

Until we get more people, let's just keep this thread alive with updates, questions, comments and support if everyone doesn't mind? I feel this is the easiest way to communicate at the moment!

So I've come up with a few questions for the first day! Feel free to fill it out at your leisure. :)

Highest weight:
    Current weight:
    Goal weight:

A little about yourself! (Hobbies, things to do, work, school, things of that nature):

What is finally motivating you to lose weight NOW?

One reward you plan on treating yourself to, should you reach your goal weight or mini-goal weights:

One permanent thing you want to change about your lifestyle habits:

So there you go! :D Hope you don't mind the questions, and feel free to add your own! I'll be filling this out myself tomorrow in the afterglow of my first XTREME! workout haha xD. I encourage you all to do the same! And thanks so much for being here to give support. It means a lot, and I'm really excited myself to have accountability now. :)
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Highest weight: 173
    Current weight: 139
    Goal weight: 135-130

I've been married 4 years, don't have kids and don't plan to! Got a puppy 2 months ago and stopped working out because a puppy is just as bad as a new born! I get up at 4am to do my workouts...if you are able to do them first thing in the morning you can check it off and not find excuses later that you're too busy to do it!

What is finally motivating you to lose weight NOW? I've never really had weight problems until 3 years ago when my thryroid decided to not work right! I gained about 25lbs with in 4 months then realized why! It took 2 years to get my thyroid regulated and then I finally started losing! Now that I can get rid of the fluff I'm ready to see some muscle definition!!

One reward you plan on treating yourself to, should you reach your goal weight or mini-goal weights: Feeling good is reward enough! besides I'll never treat my self to anything that I plan.

One permanent thing you want to change about your lifestyle habits: I want exercise/lifting to become second nature, just get up and do it without thinking about it!
  • dlhartma
    dlhartma Posts: 11
    Options
    I'd love to join! My boyfriend (who doesn't use MFP) and I started this morning! This is my first attempt w it, is anyone else doing the diet as well?
  • dlhartma
    Options
    Highest weight: 163 (which is also my current)
    Goal Weight: 145

I have never had a real weight problem before... But this summer I went to put on my shorts for the first time this year and tey were tight! I stepped n the scae ad realized that I have gained almost 15 lbs in the past 3 years.

I have always been athletic but life has gotten in the way over the past few years. I have moved 4 times which meant no gym memberships (finally settled now), got a puppy, and a whole buch of othe excuses!

My tight shorts opened my ees to all these excuses and made me realize that I need to get back in shape now before te problem gets worse! My boyfriend ma the same realization, so we are in this together!
  • dlhartma
    Options
    Please excuse the typos, still trying to work the kinks ur f thisew iPad and the auto type!
  • jordan1221
    jordan1221 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Me! I want to join!!

CW and HW: 210.4 pounds (Five months post partum as of July 5, 2012! - First baby)
    GW: 145 pounds
    Height: 5' 5.5"
    Female

I want to be the hot mom! Lol! That and I want my self-confidence back. I don't even feel like myself anymore. I will be starting P90X tonight after work. I would love to do it in the mornings, but I barely make it to work on time (7 a.m.) and I get up around 5 a.m.! Sooooo happy to find others doing this!! P90X is like my Eleanor :grumble: (Gone in 60 Seconds movie reference).

When I reach my goal weight, I am going on a shopping spree! When I was a size 6, I used to LOVE shopping! Now I hate what clothes look like on me. But hopefully that will change soon! I am still breastfeeding, so this ought to be an interesting journey.....
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Count me in :)

Highest weight: 175
    Current weight: 155
    Goal weight: 135

I'm 24, Im a mom to a 3 almost 4 year old. and my husband is active duty Marine. We move alot. I work in home health care, so I work 40 hours in the office and on duty all the time.

I lost alot of weight last year and gained some back... so I'm looking to lose 20 lbs.

I'll reward myself with new clothes, mani and pedi

I want to change the fact that I can over eat.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    omg you could have waited until after my hols :indifferent: i am starting it again then,i dont think the neibours in the next apts would like moaning and growning and all sorts of weird noises that T/H makes you do!! lol :devil: :devil: :devil: