Why nothing makes sense. Ever. And it never will.

Options

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Too many experts here.

I'm right though!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Trust Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon. There are a few others, but those two for sure.

http://alanaragon.com/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

ETA: Also MFPers Steve Troutman and SideSteal
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I think people come with their own beliefs already. So we tend to listen to those who confirm our own beliefs. That is why the 1,200 calorie folks are not going to immediately jump ship and follow the eat more folks. We look for things to confirm what we already believe deep down. We should all do what works for us, and if it stops working, make a change.

Ex-act-ly.
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy

every time I see that at the bottom of a post I always say "amen".
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Mfp needs a like button!
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Best post ever.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump for some of the resources!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    And, don't forget, you can't eat past 7.But timing of meals does not matter.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    omg you're so right! i love this post
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Trust Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon. There are a few others, but those two for sure.

http://alanaragon.com/

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

ETA: Also MFPers Steve Troutman and SideSteal

Absolutely this. Read Aragon and McDonlald's stuff and you'll have enough reliable information to make informed decisions related to your own particular situation. And then you can read the posts here and laugh even more.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Don't trust anyone who preaches absolutism about anything. Fitness and nutrition are complicated and hormone-driven, such is life.

Energy consumed= energy expended + energy storage
    is about the only hard rule. And though it appears simple, it is complicated and hormone driven.
    Stupid hormones. The FDA should outlaw them.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love this post.
  • recoiljpr
    recoiljpr Posts: 292
    Options
    Every time I hear "You can't eat past X o'clock" I think of the movie Gremlins. What, so if I eat my dinner at 9, it will turn me into a monster? Or all of the veggies, etc I ate will trans mutate into Krispy Kreme?
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options

What have I determined? Either you are all out of your minds, or everybody is different and there is NO reason to listen to anything anybody says until you've tried it and failed/succeeded yourself. So my suggestion is that we delete all forum threads and just leave the "success stories" and the "motivation" thread. (I kid, but. No. Wait. Seriously.)
    preach it sister. i know what you mean.

Oh my god, somebody on this forum finally understands my sarcasm!!

A MIRACLE HAS JUST HAPPENED, FOLKS. A MIRACLE.

Sarcasm, what's that? I thought everyone on here was totally serious and supportive all the time and forever. OMG, can I be your friend???
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Every time I hear "You can't eat past X o'clock" I think of the movie Gremlins. What, so if I eat my dinner at 9, it will turn me into a monster? Or all of the veggies, etc I ate will trans mutate into Krispy Kreme?

Only if you don't exercise at least 7 hours the next day.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options

What have I determined? Either you are all out of your minds, or everybody is different and there is NO reason to listen to anything anybody says until you've tried it and failed/succeeded yourself. So my suggestion is that we delete all forum threads and just leave the "success stories" and the "motivation" thread. (I kid, but. No. Wait. Seriously.)
    preach it sister. i know what you mean.

Oh my god, somebody on this forum finally understands my sarcasm!!

A MIRACLE HAS JUST HAPPENED, FOLKS. A MIRACLE.

Sarcasm, what's that? I thought everyone on here was totally serious and supportive all the time and forever. OMG, can I be your friend???

Weight loss is a sooooper cereal topiic, guyyys. No sarcasm allowed, ever!
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    YOU are abso-freaken-lutely right. I watch PBS and all of the "diet" Nutrition "Gurus" and THEY can't agree! This stuff iS trial and Error UNTIL you get it Right for you. THEN when it works, it works OHhHhHh SOoOoOo WElLlLlL!!! Try what makes sense for what you are trying to do, stick to it a while, then teeek as needed.

My Best advice is mirror what they do in Countries that have really healthy populations and HOPE it will work HERE in this super competitive Toxic Country. Or NOT.
  • susiesweets
    Options

I used to work the night shift 6pm to 6am and all this don't eat after such and such and hour always made me laugh. If breakfast is the most important meal of the day then have a hearty one but for those who work nights breakfast is being eaten when the day shifters are eating dinner and lunch is eaten around midnight to 2 am. There are no absolutes.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I had cereal at 10pm.
    When I wake up, I'm going to look like a Furby.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    I had cereal at 10pm.
    When I wake up, I'm going to look like a Furby.

Aww! I want a real life Furby!