is it okay to go to the zoo alone?

Options

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    of course. Don't worry so much about what people think, dear.
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    Jealous! I love going to places like that alone. With my kids its about them. With my husband its about us. With friends, its fun, but alone its about ME.

:)

Bring a camera, a journal, a good book, enjoy the beautiful day.
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the animals won't point and laugh when they realize you are alone. . .

But then again?

I'd still go alone. Sounds like fun.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Do it up! You'll enjoy yourself. :)
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Have fun! Sorry your buddy cancelled, but you'll be w/ the animals! And 'collectively' w/ the other zoo visitors - I would imagine it's safe, just don't feed the lion!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    of course dont be silly wack some music on ur mp3 and go for it (thats wat id do :laugh: )
  • africaa
    africaa Posts: 228
    Options
    I haven't been to the zoo in so long...and I wanna go also, but not alone. It's just more fun when you're with someone else. If you really want to go and can have a good time alone I say go for it :)
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    :huh:

ummm why wouldn't it be???
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    for you its fine for me i gotta have a friend with me so he can yell hes not a animal hes a human beingggggggggggggggggg as iam being darted and netted by zoo officals
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Then you can do what you want!

But, will your friend be upset?
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    NO! Are you crazy! It is very, very dangerous to go to the zoo alone!
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The monkeys will make fun of you.
  • Madmoosebaits
    Options
    I always go with family, I have three teenagers and they still love the zoo. However, I know I slow them down because when I see an animal being active, I want to watch and observe its behavior. Then again my youngest wants to be a marine biologist and we have to drag him out of the aquarium lol!

So would I go alone? Heck yeah. I may only see 1/4 of the zoo, Columbus Zoo is HUGE, but I would do it on my terms.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buck the trend and ask: will you enjoy it if you go alone? If the answer is maybe or no, how about you wait a bit. It'll still be there in a few months time. I'll see a film alone every week, but I wouldn't go to the zoo alone, I'd consider it more of a special occasion.

Well I went, was there for 4.5 hours! I was scared beforehand I'd get judged but even with my anxiety it was amazing fun! I LOVE animals! (Maybe even more so than humans) I'm sorry but they just love unconditionally without judging anyone on anything. There are a certain few individuals I love which are human but they are few and far, haha.

I even made a friend whilst I was there, she was on her own and we shared over the hatred of schoolkids, haha.
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    i would prefer going alone to taking my children sometimes... is that mean? LOL they complain! "my feet hurt! my legs hurt! carry me! i'm tired! i'm hot! i'm hungry! i'm thirsty! i don't want water!" dude... shush your faces and enjoy the freakin' animals! bahahaha i kid... i love my babies but seriously... they complain. haha
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Zoos- okay alone
    Movies, restaurants - okay alone.
    Skydiving - no, don't go alone.
    Spelunking - always bring a friend.

Your funny! How true. LOL

So . . . anywhere where you are unlikely to be maimed, flattened, or trapped under a rock is ok to go alone. Good to know! :laugh:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    no, zoos frown upon this, bad for business \m/
  • Tina1970s
    Tina1970s Posts: 62
    Options
    love this answer :happy:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm going to buck the trend and ask: will you enjoy it if you go alone? If the answer is maybe or no, how about you wait a bit. It'll still be there in a few months time. I'll see a film alone every week, but I wouldn't go to the zoo alone, I'd consider it more of a special occasion.

Well I went, was there for 4.5 hours! I was scared beforehand I'd get judged but even with my anxiety it was amazing fun! I LOVE animals! (Maybe even more so than humans) I'm sorry but they just love unconditionally without judging anyone on anything. There are a certain few individuals I love which are human but they are few and far, haha.

I even made a friend whilst I was there, she was on her own and we shared over the hatred of schoolkids, haha.

Awesome! Sometimes when you do things on your own like that you are more open to meeting people and having new experiences you wouldn't have if you were with someone else. Good for you!
  • CherylGardner
    CherylGardner Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It is absolutely OK to go alone. I, personally, love doing stuff alone like going to the movies. Then again, I have 2 toddler boys and relish any time I get to myself.

But I say, if you want some time to relax, it's nice not to have to worry about another person having a good time or making conversation, etc. Go and zen out.