• estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I said....accessories computer come on!
    76855_139098809476062_4969654_n.jpg
  • kcmomof2
    kcmomof2 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Here is mine from over 6 years ago. I was 5'6" and about 150 lbs. back then.

i2lqjb.jpg
  • tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Everybody looks so beautiful in their pics! Thanks for sharing these guys, I'm getting some fab ideas :)

I really love the delicate beading that some of you have - and I like the lace up back too... I might actually sound like I know what I'm talking about when I turn up Saturday !

I've checked, and they allow photos of what you try on - So i'll probably be asking for more advice in the near future too! :laugh:

Keep 'em coming, I'm LOVING this thread
  • tkb1985
    Options
    33616_1446452353803_1394241_n.jpg

now that is Stunning!
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    photo.jpg
    206775_1045791783267_4188107_n.jpg
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    033.jpg
    This was mine last year, I'm barely 5'4". Simple and cost less than $200, it's Jessica McClintock.

Sorry I guess I don't know how to post pics in here. Doh! you can paste it into your browser.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Especially for your first time out.....try on everything!!! You may think you know what would look good but you may be surprised.

I found that shiny satin looked bad, that I wasn't comfortable in strapless (I don't care what they say about big busted women doing great in strapless...I felt I was falling out of it) and I didn't have the figure for a mermaid. But I tried them on to find that out!!! My husband is 6'6" so I also found out I needed a tank style and that any type of sleeve restricted me from raising my arms up enough!!!

img174.jpg

img207.jpg
  • ShilohMaier
    ShilohMaier Posts: 135
    Options
    I saw this dress in the window of a bridal shop the day after I had a dream about it. In the dream I was kissing the guy I'd just met two weeks prior. We were dropping off some things at his dry cleaners when we passed the bridal shop. I said "pull over- that's my dress!" He looked at me all crazy and said "That's a wedding dress". I said "Yeah I had a dream about it" (I didn't tell him he was in it). We got engaged a year later, and the dress was still in the window- so I went in and tried it on. Perfect fit. Zero alterations. Today is our anniversary, we've been married four years. The picture on the bottom is the exact image I saw of us in my dream- I even got the hair done right :smile:

ShilohWedding091.jpg

ShilohWedding065-a.jpg
  • keenercam
    keenercam Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Okay, trying again. I waited nearly 25 years to have my dream wedding and my dream wedding gown. Don't make the same mistake. Try on every gown that strikes your fancy and find your "perfect" dress. I felt like a princess in mine. Oh, and I am 5'1" tall. I found that the A line worked best for my body type.

onbeach.jpg
    a-portraitfromcamscamera.jpg

Thank you to Pregosaurus who clued me in to making the photobucket setting "public". :)

ETA: Oh, well, guess I'm not going to get it to work. Sorry.

In case the links work, here they are:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/keenercam/For MFP posts-public/onbeach.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii221/keenercam/For MFP posts-public/a-portraitfromcamscamera.jpg
  • nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    seems like im reliving my wedding day!! awww i miss that day! :( lol
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Okay, trying again. I waited nearly 25 years to have my dream wedding and my dream wedding gown. Don't make the same mistake. Try on every gown that strikes your fancy and find your "perfect" dress. I felt like a princess in mine. Oh, and I am 5'1" tall. I found that the A line worked best for my body type.

onbeach.jpg
    a-portraitfromcamscamera.jpg

Thank you to Pregosaurus who clued me in to making the photobucket setting "public". :)

:( Sorry it's not working for you. Not sure what the issue is. I can see the pic when I click on your links
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this is the only one I have available online right now. But it was an A-line with lace around the top and around the hem. My mom actually made it.

dress.jpg

You Mum made your dress? That's amazing! I have to get a claxon out to drown out the swearing if my mum gets near a needle and thread! Lol. x

Yes, fortunately she's VERY talented! She's currently making my daughter and I some renaissance dresses for a fair we're going to in September! :)
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mine was a custom Dolly Couture with a white on white polka dot overlay.

Full Body:
    IMG_3174-2.jpg

You can see the polka dots a bit more in this one:
    IMG_3072.jpg
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    me and my daddy :)
    meanddad-1.jpg

back of dress

memirror.jpg

mine was very simple.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    This should fix it! Just change the IMG to lowercase img.
    033.jpg
    This was mine last year, I'm barely 5'4". Simple and cost less than $200, it's Jessica McClintock.

Sorry I guess I don't know how to post pics in here. Doh! you can paste it into your browser.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options

Full Body:
    IMG_3174-2.jpg

This is super cute!
  • tkb1985
    Options

Full Body:
    IMG_3174-2.jpg

That is A-frikin-mazing! So different! x Love the colour too!
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    since i don't know how to add them here.... i'll just add them to my profile bucket. :)
  • MIssFinny
    MIssFinny Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This is super cute!
    That is A-frikin-mazing! So different! x Love the colour too!

Thanks!
  • tkb1985
    Options
    since i don't know how to add them here.... i'll just add them to my profile bucket. :)

That dress is almost the exact colour I want my bridesmaids in! Really unusual and really striking! x