Lost weight and now I NEVER get hit on?!?

Options
Ok, so far I've lost almost 15lbs (i lost weight before joining mfp). When I weighed.131lbs, I would go out and would be approached several times, now, I go out and NOTHING! I don't understand! I think I look better and have more confidence, but maybe losing a little bit of weight made me less attractive?! Ugh, I don't know, it's a little discouraging. just needed to vent. Has anyone else had this sort of thing occur?!

Replies

• oldscratch57
    Options
    could be youre more intimidating. but beauty is beauty....15lbs heavier......30lbs lighter.....whatever. dont wait for us, see a guy u like , and approach him! :) he'll probably pee his pants
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Wow, that is discouraging, but its got to be some weird coincidence as you look phenomenal! Don't stress on it. I'd totally approach you! :) Keep up the good work!
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely gorgeous! They are probably intimidated by your awesome looks! Maybe even worry that someone smokin' like you would turn them down. Keep your head high because you're lovely!
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    all kidding aside there was a study that showed men who knew the girl use to be over weight is less likely to be attractive to her.
    That sucks.
  • josenichols
    Options
    One of two things may be happening...Perhaps you have gotten so hot that men are intimidated...Or sometimes when women lose weight their faces get gaunt, and though their body is nice they tend to look a little older, and thus haggard...
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You may have put yourself out of most men's league.... :smile:
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    It's true, they are probably thinkin, she's so hot and she would never go for me. Then again, some guys just like a woman with a little meat on her. Not sure, But I think you look great!
  • IllianaIman
    IllianaIman Posts: 131
    Options
    You look awesome; I really think they are intimidated by u.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds and trying to get back into the dating scene and I figured I'd get many more looks, but it's not the case. I think I get less attention now that my body looks good than when I was heavier. But then again, I'm 5'11 and have been told I'm intimidating as hell to approach, so maybe the weight loss made that more so. I'm not a cute, 5'2 blonde that's easily approachable...LOL
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are just so hot now that the men are intimidated and too shy to approach you?

I know - it sounds ridiculous - but I used to rarely get hit on during highschool and university, and I always wondered why. I was thin, took care of myself, etc. Years later I was talking to this guy that I knew from highschool and he told me that he and several of his friends used to think I was so hot, but they thought I was intimidating. I was baffled... little old me? Intimidating? Not really! LOL

Just continue to do what you are doing...be confident, smile a lot, and I am sure the men will start falling all over themselves to get a chance with you. You're gorgeous. :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'd have to agree with the others. After looking at your pics I'm thinking guys are scared to approach you for fear of being rejected.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to be honest, if you go out expecting to be hit on, you may give the impression of being self-righteous or stuck up. I'm by no means saying that you actually are, but sometimes people misconstrue confidence as something less flattering. I find that this is largely because people suck.

BUT you are gorgeous, and you've done a great job, so don't let it get to you!
  • Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    One of two things may be happening...Perhaps you have gotten so hot that men are intimidated...Or sometimes when women lose weight their faces get gaunt, and though their body is nice they tend to look a little older, and thus haggard...
    This is exactly what I'm afraid is happening!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Judging form your picture, I think you are a stunner. You look like you are fun to be around.

My ex gf (whom I still talk to every now and then) lost 40lbs and is now 5'2" 115lbs. She looks much better than she did a few years ago. However, the two guys I know who dated her one time (a piece) said she was VERY intimidating, physically. One guy said it made him feel self-conscious. To me, that is HIS problem, not hers.

What I suggest is use that newly found self-confidence you have and go up to guys and ask them out. Unless they are blind, gay, or married, they will say yes. You are stunning.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    The majority of fit beautiful women I have worked with hardly got hit on. And I believe it's because many males didn't think they had a chance. Lol, so I used to hit on them. Till I got married. Now I just flirt with them.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Too hot to handle now! I agree with some of the posts. You might be more intimidating now that you lost weight and put yourself out of the the avg men's league. You need to find the one that is just like you confident and not intimidated by a beautiful woman.
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    moves eyebrow up and down illl hit on ya buh babbbby
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well, you're gorgeous so I'm surprised you don't.

It's true what everyone else is saying, though. If there's amazing girls at the bar, it's a lot more likely you won't get hit on because most men simply don't have the balls to try.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not standing in the right place? I dunno...I don't really go out of my way to hit on women. I'm busy and prefer convenience...It's been working out well.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't look at it as such a bad thing really....most women complain about being hit on....but yeah I did read somewhere that men are inclined to go for the not as attractive and not as smart woman....aka the sure thing....as opposed to the incredibly hot and intelligent....so you may be on to something there.....um, sorry for your apparently new hotness???? \m/ :wink: