Lost weight and now I NEVER get hit on?!?

Options

Replies

• Moniqua1
    Moniqua1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    You all are really sweet! I'm about in tears! thank you for being so awesome.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! Is it possible that now with your improved confidence that you appear more aloof, less approachable? Maybe now, guys are more intimidated by your beauty?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way.....now that you've improved yourself so, you have the opportunity to go out and get what you want.....instead of waiting for mr. right to come along....and you have the confidence as well as the look to get it....\m/
  • flyingv555
    flyingv555 Posts: 15
    Options
    This one's easy. Now you intimidate people. If you're a good person and a kind person, it will shine through. Don't worry!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    One of two things may be happening...Perhaps you have gotten so hot that men are intimidated...Or sometimes when women lose weight their faces get gaunt, and though their body is nice they tend to look a little older, and thus haggard...
    This is exactly what I'm afraid is happening!

Honey, I looked at your pics, and there is NO way you are looking "older and haggard". You are beautiful.... It's GOT to be that they are more intimidated by your confidence. I agree w/ the person who said you should approach the guy, instead of waiting for him to come to you. :) You might just be surprised... :flowerforyou:
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful. Since losing weight, you have more confidence. Well, confidence is intimidating to a lot of people. I know it sounds strange, but it's the truth. Just be yourself and people will see that you're a good and confident person.
  • Moniqua1
    Options
    Maybe you're not standing in the right place? I dunno...I don't really go out of my way to hit on women. I'm busy and prefer convenience...It's been working out well.

Hahaha! I will try standing in various places next time. Maybe it's the light.....yeah, that's it. Maybe I'll stand by the door so by the time they leave I can be like, "hey, hey, talk to me!" they'll be drunk, so either one of two things could happen: 1. Liquid courage or 2. Beer goggles!
    I'm not talking about bars in general, though. Gas stations, grocery stores, concerts, ect.
  • pinthin87
    pinthin87 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone else...guys are probably just more intimidated now. They see a hot...fit chick and they no longer know what to say!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    yep you're beautiful. guys are just intimidated out of fear of rejection. I'd be too. but in my case I am also shy.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    I noticed the same thing! I was 170 and now I'm 125 and I get hit on less. My husband said its because I'm intimidating hot now. Where guys are scared to talk to me lol. I think he is full of bologna haha. Not that I care about talking to other men, but its nice to get free drinks when I'm out!!!! Lol
  • chickentunashake
    chickentunashake Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think hat now the man might be a little discouraged because they think you would never go out with them anyways, they are not good enough for you? So they might be just secretly looking :-D
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    slender OR fat, I never get approached. I think I give off the,'I can do by me ' vibes...but I'm old, you are young...go for quality, not quanity...someday your prince will come.....Isn't there a song like that?
  • ThomasFMendiola
    ThomasFMendiola Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    One of two things may be happening...Perhaps you have gotten so hot that men are intimidated...Or sometimes when women lose weight their faces get gaunt, and though their body is nice they tend to look a little older, and thus haggard...

Love the fact that she used the word "haggard"!!!!
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great from your pictures; I'm sure you look even better in person! I would just talk to the guys you want to talk to. I lost my weight 14 years ago and it was great being able to go out and talk to anyone I wanted to ... instead of waiting for guys to come up to me!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Are you friendly with men? I get a lot of attention from men (not that I ask for it or really want it, I'm very happily married to a great guy haha) and I think that I'm fairly average -if anything- but I'm very friendly, smile a lot and chat people up all of the time. I'm just overly social, I guess. Approach to be approached, I guess? Maybe you need to start being the hitter-oner instead of waiting to be hit on. My husband gets hit on constantly, he's your typical Southern 'good old boy' and just super nice and sweet. Personality is huge, and you can always tell someones personality just by looking at them.
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone.. but why don't you try striking up a conversation? or put yourself in situations where you may be easier to talk to?
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Yup, intimidation, you are one foxy lady. I agree that you should approach them.
  • Moniqua1
    Options
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    You're HOT! And I am pretty sure almost all my guy friends would hit on you:bigsmile:
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look FANTABULOUS. :)

I also agree with the trends of posts.

Confidence (and health), while sexy, is also intimidating. It can make someone second guess themselves. (Remember when there was that hawwwt guy, making all his friends laugh and generally having a great time - and you avoided making eye contact, much less hit on him. :D Well, if applicable - I'm just assuming. ^_^)

So (imo) definitely, not any fault of yours.

Work it and see what happens. :D