Any TALL women starting at 200+ successes??

Options

Replies

• askinnybanana13
    Options
    I'm not an extra tall women but that tallest in my group of friends and family. I am 5'8'' maybe a little more and I started at 213 and am now down to 154 my goal is 144....it is totally possibly and extra amazing.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I am 6'0, and I started last summer here at about 238. I left MFP due to stress and lost about 20 or so on my own. I've been back here for 2 months and I'm hovering right at 200 now! I'd like to get down to about 165lbs, but depending on how I look I may stop at 170 or go down to 160.

Welcome aboard!
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and started at 221, and am now at 145, down 75+ pounds. I also turned 50 this year, too, so I'm very pleased that I'm probably the thinnest (and feel like the healthiest) I've ever been!!!
  • lsherah
    lsherah Posts: 5
    Options
    I am 6' and started this year at 219 lb. I am down 9 pounds and will work to 180 lb. I will assess myself at 180 if I need to lose more. I've been losing about 2 lbs per week. I started about 4 weeks ago. I've never been so determined in my life to lose weight! Why? Because I was always slim until about 7 years ago!!! I feel soooo good with the 9lbs off already!!! Let's keep in touch!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    5'9" and not done but feeling great so far..
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" started at 264 and now 153... :)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9" and started at 205. I am now down to 189 so progress has been made. Want to lose more but at least it is a start.
  • behendrix
    behendrix Posts: 6
    Options
    I am 5'11 and started out at 314 lbs. I am currently at 229. Have about 60 more lbs to go....but well on my way!
  • rainbowbandit
    rainbowbandit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1, down 35 or so pounds....working on it. Still over 200!
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    you are all such an inspiration! i'm over 200+ and 5'10" tall. I want to be at 180 at least.

i can't get going!!!!
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    6' tall! Started in last week of April at 249. Now at 224 and halfway to goal. Still losing weight - and inches - steadily! Good luck everyone :flowerforyou:
  • maritenour
    maritenour Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, starting weight ~ 312
    Now I am a strong 248
    with hopes of going to 180
  • jbrehm28
    jbrehm28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 5'9... A year ago I was 238... down to 186... slow and steady and enjoying every minute of it!
  • kelliwiatrek
    Options
    I am 6' tall. I started on MFP in July/August last year and weighed in at 235lbs. as of yesterday I am weighing in at 161. Good luck on your journey.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started out 9 weeks ago at 200.6 and am currently 176.9. 24 and counting...Awesome success stories. Keep at it girls!
  • kristen_lynn
    kristen_lynn Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    there's a group here on MFP -- called Totally Tall Women, or TTW. i've met a lot of amazing ladies there, and most of us, since we're tall, have some bigger pound losses than the shorties out there :)
    feel free to friend me, i'm 5'11" and have lost 55-ish pounds since last August. shooting for ONEderland!! :)
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1 started at 282, currently 233 want to get down to 200 and re-evaluate
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    Dunno if 5'8" is considered "tall", but... I started at 258 end of March, down to 236 as of today. Fifty lbs to go. Your success stories are inspiring!!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and started at 237. I am just under 180 right now. :-)
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and started at 194. I am now down to ~170, working my way to 160. Pictures in my profile since I am still not sure how to post them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!