Any TALL women starting at 200+ successes??

Options

Replies

• vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1.5" and the first time I lost weight I lost 10kg (22lb) on the CSIRO diet and went from 88kg (194lb) to 78kg (172lb). I did that on the (Australian) CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet and found that if I followed that and went for a half hour brisk walk each night and did sit ups and push ups I would lose about a kilo per week.

I gained about 5kg back and hit around 83kg (183lb) after some time spent immobile in hospital and plenty of comfort eating (medical condition I hate, plus massive personal life dramas, including having to cancel a wedding!), and have just become determined to lose it (and a little more) for my 30th. So far I'm down to 79kg (174lb) but have been up and down a bit, and have realised that the difference between this time and last time is that last time I followed a prescribed diet to the letter, and this time I've been a bit more flexible.

I think I've had trouble reaching the weight/shape I want to be because I can't picture it. I have always been between 83kg and, at my heaviest, about 95kg (209lb) so I just don't know what I'm cabable of or what it will look like. But, as they say, if you want something you've never had, do something you've never done. Tall girls "carry it well" but it doesn't make us feel any thinner!
  • Mandysc
    Mandysc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 Starting weight of 315 and as of right now I am 284.8 Still a long way to go hoping to be around 170ish!!! Loving my AdvoCare to help boost my weight loss.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I think I'm probably the starting height for "tall" women. I'm 5' 8" and my start weight was 277 and I'm now 164. I'd like to lose another 10 but my body seems to want to stick right here.

fatfatfat.jpg
    Cindywinterformal.jpg
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and started at 266 - probably more but stopped weighing, as you do! I am now four pounds away from 200 and feeling great. I want to get to 175/180 and will reevaluate from there.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I started out at the end of January this year at 255lbs and I am now 212lbs. I am so excited about where this journey is taking me. I still have a ways to go but I am on my way there :) No stopping until I meet my end goal.
  • amazondakini
    amazondakini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1.5" and the first time I lost weight I lost 10kg (22lb) on the CSIRO diet and went from 88kg (194lb) to 78kg (172lb). I did that on the (Australian) CSIRO Total Wellbeing Diet and found that if I followed that and went for a half hour brisk walk each night and did sit ups and push ups I would lose about a kilo per week.

I gained about 5kg back and hit around 83kg (183lb) after some time spent immobile in hospital and plenty of comfort eating (medical condition I hate, plus massive personal life dramas, including having to cancel a wedding!), and have just become determined to lose it (and a little more) for my 30th. So far I'm down to 79kg (174lb) but have been up and down a bit, and have realised that the difference between this time and last time is that last time I followed a prescribed diet to the letter, and this time I've been a bit more flexible.

I think I've had trouble reaching the weight/shape I want to be because I can't picture it. I have always been between 83kg and, at my heaviest, about 95kg (209lb) so I just don't know what I'm cabable of or what it will look like. But, as they say, if you want something you've never had, do something you've never done. Tall girls "carry it well" but it doesn't make us feel any thinner!

Amen Sister!! When I really track and follow, and move my body every day, the weight comes off - and I am so tired of people saying "But you're so tall!!" So that is reason to be 50 pounds overweight?? these pounds are just as hard to get off as they are on a person 5 ft 1. a pound is still 3500 calories, regardless of height and frame, and sweat is sweat, I want to be lean and fit too!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Hey

I'm 6'1"

HW: 330
    CW: 260 (something)
    GW1: 199
    GW2: 188- Healthy BMI Range!!!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I am 6'1" and I started out a little over 200. I was just wondering if there were any other tall ladies out there who have made it?

I'm 6'1 also. Started at 222 and down to 218 right now. My goal is 190! Would love to have you as a friend!
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Way to go! How did you start out?
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!

I'm 5'11, HW was 375, CW is 242, GW is 180ish. It CAN be done!!! =)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Hi! I am also 6'1" and I started out somewhere over 200, maybe 215ish, I can't remember for sure. I've been around 155-165 for about a year and a half. When I started out, after having 2 babies & being in my 40s, I was thinking if I worked really, really hard and was very good with my food, then maybe I could get down to 180, but then I past it & just kept going. I am by no means too thin but for the past year I have really been focusing on building muscle. I now have so much more upper body strength than I have ever had before. I actually have muscles you can see!!! I'm sure they look small to some people, but for me, they are awesome, defined muscles and I LOVE it! With my focus on building muscle and not paying as much attention to weight loss, I have gained a few pounds back that I would like to lose to get back in that mid 150s range, but I'm really liking my muscle focus right now.

Being tall, we have to lose a lot before anyone but the scale will notice, but just keep working at it. For me, it seemed like I lost 25 lbs before I or anyone else really noticed any difference at all, then not long after, everyone was commenting on my weight loss.

Good luck with your goals! Keep focused on them, make it a priority and you can do it!
  • Fenestra13
    Fenestra13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''10 amd started out at 180. Trying to get to 165 and have lost 6 pounds in a month. I've slowed my weight loss when I look at the scale in the last week and a half, but I think this is because I am gaining muscle, which weighs more. My clothes keep getting looser!

Not sure how some of you girls taller than me hope to be 150. I'd be nonexistent at that weight!
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1", SW around 276, as of this morning, 235.4. 35.5 more pounds until onederland! I can't believe I've almost done it! I don't know how far I want to go. I want to at least see onederland for the first time since middle school. :)
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to my post. I am 5'11". I started out about 215lbs. I am now 168lbs.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/648361-47lb-weight-loss-5-11-with-pictures?page=2#posts-9418901
    Correction- 166 now! :)
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    Me:)
    I am 5"11

I started around 278.6
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and successfully lost weight many years ago. I fluctuate around 140 now, give or take a few pounds. I started around 190 or 200 pounds. You can check out my recent photos in my profile. I don't know how to post them in the message boards!!! Good luck!

P.S. I love being tall, its my favorite feature! I wish I had some tall friends .... I'm always "amazon woman" standing next to my friends, especially when I wear heels!
  • sophie428
    sophie428 Posts: 27
    Options
    5'11 250 lbs

We are height and SW twins!!!!!
  • FeeM1986
    FeeM1986 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi,

Im 5ft 9 and just started at 183lbs...would love to loose 40lbs.
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and was 218...171 today!

1ha2op.jpg

I love how the expression on your face differ so much with the before and after pics. Well done!

I fit the criteria of tall and over 200, making very slow progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!