Paula Dean's weightloss

Options
1235»

Replies

• gwyn48
    gwyn48 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Chocoholic- I'm with you. I lost 50 lbs went from a size 22W to an 18/XL. I don't see how she could lose 30 lbs and drop 4 sizes!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Good for her but does anyone know if she's still smoking? That would kill anybody's progress.

sorry if this has already been answered but:

per Peoples magazine - "Still, there are two vices she hasn't kicked yet -- real butter and cigarettes."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/paula-deen-shows-30-pound-weight-loss-cover-people-magazine-7-months-revealing-type-2-diabetes-article-1.1103121#ixzz1z7e68NJ3
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    She can say what she likes, I don't believe she got into a size 10 from a size 18 by losing 30 pounds. I've lost a grand total, here and off, of 50, and I went from an 24w to an 18w. And I lost 50 pounds!!! An 18 to a 10? That woman does not look like she's lost that much. She looks great, granted, but she's no size 10. :noway:

Idk cause iv lost about 38 pounds I was a size 18 and went down to size 13s so I think it's possible she could've went down the sizes. To me though everyone loses weight differently... I like Paula Dean.. I guess I could relate.. She's very southern hospitality and I am raised that way..
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm thrilled that she's lost the weight, but what I don't understand is why she waited until now to do it..she's known about her diabetes for THREE years.

Some people know for 13 years and they still don't right. It doesn't matter what she did in the past. What matters is what she's doing right now.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Personally I think they all lie about sizes like whn rickie lake said she was a 4 or 6 right...... Just saying
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I love Paula and for those who criticize her for waiting 3 years post diagnosis, "It is none of our business!". As for Anthony Bourdain, I refuse to watch anything he is on, he is self righteous and just plain mean!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 18, I'm in a 7. I've lost 56.6 pounds. I don't know what size I was at 30 pounds. The only reason I even know I'm in a 7 now is because I had to get a pair of shorts to go to the beach. I didn't plan on doing any shopping until I am done, but I didn't wanna wear over sized sweats to go fishing.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    It took me 80 lbs to go from an 18 to a 10. I am 5'3.5". I see a lot of inconsistencies with celebrity weights. Like, "So and So ballons to 180". Heck I didn't look as fat as So and So at 220 and I am short.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that she went from an 18 to a 10 with only losing 30 lbs. At one point i went from a 22 to a 12 and it took lots of exercise and 75 lbs! I'm 5' 8"

Why do you find it so hard to believe? I'm only 5'2, I went from 205-ish and a size 16/18 (I squeezed into 16's, but should have been wearing 18's) down to 160-ish and wearing 6's. Sounds pretty similar-even without vanity sizing. *shrug*

*in fact, I can shop in the jr. department again now-even sitting around 155. I bought myself some jr. size 7's for Christmas, and they fit. :-D

I'm jealous. I'm also 5'2 and there's no way I could fit in a size 6 at 160 lbs. More like a size 12.

Wow! I need to shop where you do. I am 139 lbs, 5'3.5" and wear a size 10, occasionally 8.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I love Paula and for those who criticize her for waiting 3 years post diagnosis, "It is none of our business!". As for Anthony Bourdain, I refuse to watch anything he is on, he is self righteous and just plain mean!

Yeah, can't stand him. Talk about evil.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Yeah, can't stand him. Talk about evil.

I love Anthony...Who said reality has to be sweet? he speaks his mind which some celebrities simply don't have the guts to do.