Love this feeling on a low-carb.

Options
13»

Replies

• thefrahmers
    Options
    I have a question-- on a No-Carb diet, how do you maintain? Will you never eat carbs again? Because I know carbs are stored for short bursts of energy, and once you eat them again, they immediately go back into storage. Won't that mean you'll gain weight back?

Just curious! I've never attempted a No-Carb (or, rather, low-carb) diet. Thanks!

You slowly introduce carbs back in to your diet. When you stop losing weight, that's your maintenance level :)
  • Kaylee_Loren
    Kaylee_Loren Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a question-- on a No-Carb diet, how do you maintain? Will you never eat carbs again? Because I know carbs are stored for short bursts of energy, and once you eat them again, they immediately go back into storage. Won't that mean you'll gain weight back?

Just curious! I've never attempted a No-Carb (or, rather, low-carb) diet. Thanks!

Personally, I never intend to eat refined carbs again. I have no interest. But that's just me. Again, with any diet if you just drop it and go back to the way you were eating you're gonna gain the weight back, it's not just on low-carb diets..
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    the first 2 weeks on paleo i felt sick, headaches, cranky. i really do think i was detoxing from the sugar and carbs. for anyone who wonders if paleo is not healthy for you, i just had my annual blood work done and everything came back in normal healthy ranges. my blood pressure is beautiful- in fact the only thing unhealthy about me is my weight! i don't really think I could ever go back to eating refined carbs. i miss sweets sometimes but never crave bread, pasta, rice, corn, or potatoes. i used to have a little bit of ice cream every night- what in the world was i thinking!
  • devchang
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I needed a pick me up. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!